Please continue to post recordings of your playing. Please. Don't be concerned if they get a lot of listens and few responses. Do you hear others taking the chance that you and I take? In all the world, there is apparently, only you and I who will do so - as students of the trombone. You are a teacher, but if I know you - you will also admit to being a student. Others will not. WE are unique. We are pioneers in the reality show of posting our recordings on an international forum. I am Available and would welcome the opportunity to co-star with you in our very own reality TV series. Producers out there. Call me. We'll do lunch.
I have done lot of posts with recordings here.
Very honest, I sometimes regret it. Because it seems to be a little selfish, it seem to be a ego trip and stupid thing to do. And I agree, it is a little bit selfish.
I don't have any excuses. But I think most people that know me will not see me as selfish. I can tell why I have done it.
1. Very honest some are for me to be accepted. Stupid? Yes, very stupid and selfish.
2. Some are for learning, many people here can give good advices, and I thanks all of you for that. I have learned a lot from people here. That's maybe the main reason. There are some great people here with lot of experience and knowledge.
3. Some are to show its possible to play small bass trombone mouthpieces, and vintage horns even in 2013.
4. Some I hope to show it is possible to do a simple piece of music well.
5. I admit some is done because I live in place where there are not many other trombonist to talk with.
I want you all to know all of my recordings here is my practice that day I posted it. Some day I might do a recording that is prepared. I understand very well many here are tired of my me.
Geezer, remember you and me have nothing to loose. Many others have their living from making music with their trombone, they have to be careful. I admire all people here that deer to post an mp3 and ask for advice.
Both you and me love that tune "Yesterday" from Beatles. Why not make a recording of it both and share our thoughts how to do it. Maybe make it very different from the original tune?