Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1088347 Posts in 71905 Topics- by 19303 Members - Latest Member: erin3140
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stolen Greg Black mouthpiece  (Read 5958 times)
jbeckett

"."

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2017, 01:51PM »

fayetteville ga police department needs to contact ebay and get his contact info. then theres a warrant for stolen property. they sell a lot on ebay and no seller wants to get a "stolen" rating on their feedback.  that will get it returned back to you promptly.

the most pure sound... go for that. The 24 carat sound...

Jay Friedman
Euphanasia

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 05:10PM »

The seller seems to be a liquidator of miscellaneous merchandise. Sometimes they pick things up at USPS auctions, or through other legitimate means. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that he actually stole it.

There will come a day when you'll see someone selling a couple of raw brass, highly-polished Mount Vernon 12Cs, a few handslide braces, and some bell braces, all of which were in a package that got lost on its way to Anderson Plating. USPS couldn't find them for me, but someone has them. I got $50 in insurance out of the deal...  :(
HouBassTrombone

"Just play because you love to."

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 05:13PM »

:( sorry man!
It was stolen from me in some manner (lost by PO) and I just want to get it back. Even if it means just buying it.

Why am I not practicing?????
Dan Hine

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2017, 05:36PM »

The seller seems to be a liquidator of miscellaneous merchandise. Sometimes they pick things up at USPS auctions, or through other legitimate means. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that he actually stole it.

Sounds familiar... Way cool

Euphanasia

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2017, 05:57PM »

:( sorry man!
It was stolen from me in some manner (lost by PO) and I just want to get it back. Even if it means just buying it.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to you. I was referring to people who were recommending that you leave negative feedback or stating that the seller was immoral. We don't know that the seller is unwilling to return it, unless the seller has responded to you already. He's had less than 24 hours to respond.

As Dan pointed out, he said pretty much the same thing in an earlier post.

kbiggs

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2017, 07:25PM »

Again,

...ask yourself: What is most important to you? Do you want the mouthpiece returned so you and Greg can continue collaborating on this project, or do you want the person who is selling the mpc to pay some money (have some pain inflicted) for the trouble that you've experienced (your suffering)? 

It sounds like you want the mpc back and then, if possible, find out what happened and maybe get some money back. Focus on that. One thing at a time. Buy the mouthpiece; get it back in your hands; then file any claims or legal action.

Kenneth Biggs
Bass & tenor trombone

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2017, 07:38PM »

Yep! I am waiting on doing anything until I hear from the seller. After that I will hopefully just win the auction. Never used eBay before though.

Euphanasia

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2017, 08:33PM »

Anyone who has already bid can cancel their bids. That would lower the price.
sonicsilver

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 12:45AM »

I've received items in the mail before where the packaging was all but obliterated.  Seriously, all that was left was a sad remnant of an envelope that happened to have the address and postage.  Contents lost and/or destroyed.  The USPS auctions off items that are undeliverable, unclaimed, damaged, and claim-paid. 

All you KNOW right now is that the person who has your mouthpiece is not the person you sent it to.  That doesn't mean it's stolen - at least not by the ebay seller. 

That's a very good point.

If I'd acquired a mouthpiece in good faith and a seller approached me saying it was theirs, with his name stamped on it (perhaps not Roberts, Premru or Pryor...) I'd be very willing to return it as long as I saw some proof of ownership, paperwork about the loss etc.
schlitzbeer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 01:34AM »

Zach has title to the mouthpiece via paperwork and his name is on the mouthpiece. Unknowingly selling stolen merchandise means nothing. As the mail was used, its federal level stuff. File a police report, send a copy to a postal inspector, eBay to shutdown the auction, and pay the seller a finders fee. Don't need to make it more complicated.

Heck, I've done storage unit auctions where the stuff I got was stolen. Stuff gets stolen in the mail all of the time, and it's rising with identity theft. When I haven't fought a claim, I've settled with auctioneers and the rightful owners. Most people like to do the right things.
sonicsilver

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2017, 02:34AM »

Unknowingly selling stolen merchandise means nothing.

But as Dan Hine already pointed out, we don't know that the item was stolen, rather than merely lost in the post and acquired in good faith by the ebay seller in a USPS sell off or similar.
schlitzbeer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2017, 03:04AM »

But as Dan Hine already pointed out, we don't know that the item was stolen, rather than merely lost in the post and acquired in good faith by the ebay seller in a USPS sell off or similar.

eBay has already offered to shutdown the auction. I can file a police report online in Bremerton, and have a report w/case number, to hand to a postal inspector in 1 business day.
Dan Hine

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2017, 03:37AM »

schlitzbeer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2017, 04:29AM »

Shirley, I picked the wrong week to stop snorting glue. Don't eat the fish.
jbeckett

"."

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2017, 09:57AM »

gents-
i was the guy who let zack know about the piece being on ebay, and had already bid, when i saw his classified advertisement.  I contacted the seller, without zach knowing (hopefully not getting on zack's nerves at all, because id surely like one of those 1-5/16th pieces), hoping the seller would be reasonable, and sell it back to zack for what they paid for it (which i am sure wasn't squat because they buy items from the usps in "lots") plus a finders fee.  seller said, "no".  Since they are told that what they are buying is "legal" to buy even though it is someone elses property, they saw no reason to do so. in other words: they're douchebags.  pardon the language.

i withdrew my bid. it didn't effect the price at all, unless everyone bidding is going to do the same. 
another bad part is that the usps may or may not have paid out an insurance claim, then found the piece, then auctioned it off, and most likely (almost assuredly) didn't get as much for it as they would have if they would have contacted its rightful owner.

this pisses me off as I've had items lost before, tracking said it was stuck somewhere, then ordered a replacement, and received the original item. Then I sent the item back when the replacement arrived.  i assume it doesn't work that way anymore.  i guess people aren't moral, especially when it comes to something they make money off of.  and the average cost per piece at a usps auction is...

wait for it...

about the cost of a postage stamp.

id ask ebay to let you contact they bidders and shut the auction down, and freeze the sellers account. then contact the seller, via phone or email, and offer them a fair price.  evidently, from how the seller spoke, this isnt the first time this has happened.

JBeckett

the most pure sound... go for that. The 24 carat sound...

Jay Friedman
Blackthorne

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2017, 10:16AM »

gents-
i was the guy who let zack know about the piece being on ebay, and had already bid, when i saw his classified advertisement.  I contacted the seller, without zach knowing (hopefully not getting on zack's nerves at all, because id surely like one of those 1-5/16th pieces), hoping the seller would be reasonable, and sell it back to zack for what they paid for it (which i am sure wasn't squat because they buy items from the usps in "lots") plus a finders fee.  seller said, "no".  Since they are told that what they are buying is "legal" to buy even though it is someone elses property, they saw no reason to do so. in other words: they're douchebags.  pardon the language.

i withdrew my bid. it didn't effect the price at all, unless everyone bidding is going to do the same. 
another bad part is that the usps may or may not have paid out an insurance claim, then found the piece, then auctioned it off, and most likely (almost assuredly) didn't get as much for it as they would have if they would have contacted its rightful owner.

this pisses me off as I've had items lost before, tracking said it was stuck somewhere, then ordered a replacement, and received the original item. Then I sent the item back when the replacement arrived.  i assume it doesn't work that way anymore.  i guess people aren't moral, especially when it comes to something they make money off of.  and the average cost per piece at a usps auction is...

wait for it...

about the cost of a postage stamp.

id ask ebay to let you contact they bidders and shut the auction down, and freeze the sellers account. then contact the seller, via phone or email, and offer them a fair price.  evidently, from how the seller spoke, this isnt the first time this has happened.

JBeckett

Given that we now know that the seller isn't willing to do the right thing, I'd say it's definitely time to play hardball.  You shouldn't have to pay to get what's rightfully yours, and someone who has clearly shown that he wants to profit off of your misfortune doesn't deserve to profit from it. 

Getzen 3047AFR / Monette TT4L STC
King 607F (silver) with .508 slide / Monette TS11 S1
King Cleveland 606 / Besson 7C
Olds Super / Schilke 42B
King Cleveland 625 baritone/Schilke 51D
Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2017, 10:54AM »

Unless Zachary lost track of this mouthpiece quite a while ago (doubtful - he was eager to get it from Greg Black, so was on top of the shipment in a timely manner), this mouthpiece was not legally obtained by the eBay seller in a USPS auction.  USPS does not auction off their lost stuff for months after they collect it.  The eBay seller surely has no record of purchasing it.  The mouthpiece was, in effect, stolen.  This is a criminal case that should be pursued by the authorities.   

Good luck, Zachary. 
HouBassTrombone

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2017, 12:32PM »

Greg was supposed to get it April 10th.

Doug Elliott
Lord of the Rims

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2017, 02:10PM »

Was there insurance on it?  Priority Mail automatic insurance?

www.DougElliottMouthpieces.com
XT LexanN104,C+,D2, Williams 6, K&H Slokar alto, K&H Slokar Solo .547 open wrap
HouBassTrombone

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2017, 04:11PM »

^ Yep. The automatic $50.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: