Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1070098 Posts in 70995 Topics- by 18780 Members - Latest Member: ComeBackKid
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bach No Period Corp 1 1/2G  (Read 412 times)
fwbassbone

View Profile
« on: Jun 03, 2017, 08:22AM »

I have a Bach 1 1/2G that is marked Corp with no period.  Can anyone give me a comparison between this piece and a Mt. Vernon 1 1/2G?  I have two other 1 1/2G's that are newer with periods after Corp. and the no period piece seems to be noticeably bigger.  Thanks
savio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Jun 03, 2017, 10:09AM »

Im not sure but the ones without period is made right after the mt vernon mouthpieces. How does it play? That's the important thing.

Leif

Bass Trombone - Conn, Holton
Fridge

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jun 03, 2017, 12:43PM »

I believe that Savio is correct. My Mt. Vernon feels identical to the one that I have. It does feel bigger than a newer one.

Eddie Clark
wgwbassbone

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jun 06, 2017, 06:22AM »

I have 3 Mt Vernon 1 and 1/2G mouthpieces. Each is a slightly different size. I have 2 Corp(non period) mouthpieces as well. Both of the Corp pieces are fairly close in size to each other and close in size to one of my Mt Vernon pieces. One of the Corp pieces has a great sound, the other, not so much(my opinion). Through the years I've purchased numerous Bach pieces and no 2 have been completely identical. So I don't think that there's a single answer to this question in my experience.

Holton TR 180 MV 1 and 1/2G
blast

"Bass/Contrabass trombone, Scottish Opera."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jun 06, 2017, 07:19AM »

I have 3 Mt Vernon 1 and 1/2G mouthpieces. Each is a slightly different size. I have 2 Corp(non period) mouthpieces as well. Both of the Corp pieces are fairly close in size to each other and close in size to one of my Mt Vernon pieces. One of the Corp pieces has a great sound, the other, not so much(my opinion). Through the years I've purchased numerous Bach pieces and no 2 have been completely identical. So I don't think that there's a single answer to this question in my experience.
[/quote

Exactly.

Chris Stearn

Still cannot think of anything better to do. Back on an old 1 1/2G again !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: