Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1080924 Posts in 71552 Topics- by 19061 Members - Latest Member: Solitario85
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-Chat(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Meeting with Chip and Jonathan from Wessex Tubas
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Meeting with Chip and Jonathan from Wessex Tubas  (Read 412 times)
Vintage88H

View Profile
« on: Jul 19, 2017, 11:31PM »

This week i had the great opportunity to meet my friend and forum member Chipolah (Chip Hoehler) and Jonathan Hodgetts from Wessex Tubas.
Both are one a promotion tour through Europe for Wessex instruments and stopped at my house in Austria.

I know Chip since so many years only via email and it was wonderful to meet him in person.

Jonathan brought the newest Wessex trombone models with him. I had the chance to test some of them incl. the Supertenor Trombone (premier)- PBF555 and the Bb Tenor Trombone (0.525″) PB525. The Supertenor plays really well. It reminds me a lot of the Jay Friedmann Holton. It plays big and dark but not too dark. The slide and valve are working very well and i love the valve wrap.The playing feel is very comfortable and equal through all register and dynamics. I am very impressed by this horn. Also the Wessex mouthpiece which comes with this horn impressed me. (its outer shape design is similar to the Lindberg mouthpieces.) Chip told me this Wessex mouhtpiece had been new designed for trombone from a Tuba mouthpiece. It has a big bore and very comfortable rim.
It works on the Euphonium great as well.

We talked a lot about instruments and new designs. Chip and Jonathan have so many good ideas for new designs. There will come up a lot of great stuff from Wessex in the future.  Good!

Im very grateful i could meet Chip after all this time and see Jonathan again in Austria.
We had an wonderful evening and for sure we had a glas of wine too. :)

For some reason i am not able to upload pictures directly so please just take the link to my dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/08hwarycjprhaw7/AAARzRqo1Z2ZhOwx3IaVIH9na?dl=0

BassCase

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Aug 21, 2017, 08:13PM »

Wait........Chip is ok?
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 21, 2017, 08:14PM »

Wait........Chip is ok?
This was the week before he had his stroke.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
BassCase

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 22, 2017, 10:28AM »

Ohhh, thanks for the clarification.  Continued prayers. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: