Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1088979 Posts in 71983 Topics- by 19325 Members - Latest Member: StanKenton69
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumHorns, Gear, and EquipmentMouthpieces(Moderators: BGuttman, Doug Elliott) Parker rim on Doug Elliott XT series
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Parker rim on Doug Elliott XT series  (Read 492 times)
Trombinders

View Profile
« on: Jul 25, 2017, 01:09PM »

I've got a Doug Elliott mouthpiece that I really like but I also prefer the feel of steel due to some minor alergic reactions to silver and gold plated mouthpieces. And lexan didn't sound the same  Don't know I recently discovered Parker mouthpieces and I'm wondering, do they fit the XT series rim threads? Have anyone ever tried that?
Matt K

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jul 25, 2017, 01:42PM »

I've never done that personally but if they can do threads, they are presumably capable of putting Doug's threads on there if you have a cup to send them.  You could also get a used steel or titanium mouthpiece and have someone thread the rim for the underpart.  Osmun does the best steel/titanium threading in my experience (well, Doug threaded one for me awhile ago and broke a billion dollars worth of tools; the threads were amazing but unless he's changed his mind about doing steel...  :/ ). They recently threaded a titanium G&W for me and it had a quick turn around time and the threads seem to be properly centered. (I've had some steel ones that were not).

What's in a name? that which we call a tenor-bass posaune
By any other name would smell as sweet;
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: