Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1080018 Posts in 71455 Topics- by 19045 Members - Latest Member: Old2TheBone
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Inexpensive Bass Trumpet Gig bag  (Read 415 times)
Dukesboneman

View Profile
« on: Jul 31, 2017, 03:24PM »

As the title says , I`m looking for a Inexpensive Bass trumpet gig bag. I have a Selman Bass Trumpet.
I really like the horn, plays very well in tune , nice sound. The local Phil isn`t knocking my door down to play the Bass Trumpet parts, But for what I use it for it`s perfect.
However.. The case is terrible. NO storage space for valve oil or anything.
Any help would be appreiciated.
Thanks

“Where words leave off, music begins.”
― Heinrich Heine
bonesmarsh

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2017, 04:52PM »

Nylon stuff sack with a full length zipper from Cabela's with a layer of folded 1" or 2" thick foam wrapped around the horn like a taco.

I used the largest duffle bag from Cabela's to carry a short BBb tuba. Use the outer pockets to hold all the extra crap you need. Just think TACO.
Rockymountaintrombone

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2017, 01:43PM »

Usually alto trombone gig bags will work - just leave out the sleeve for the slide. I had an inexpensive Woodwind & Brasswind alto bag that was very good for the money. Sold it a while ago, but if they are still making them, or if someone has one they aren't using, that would be a good possibility.

Jim Scott
amichael

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2017, 03:10PM »

Can't beat bonesmarsh's suggestion for price, but Donna Altieri made me a nice bass trumpet bag for just a bit more than her single trumpet gig bag.  She just asked me for a few measurements and made a trumpet bag that was a bit bigger.  She probably has a variety of patterns around after all the years she has been doing this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: