Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1076332 Posts in 71353 Topics- by 18939 Members - Latest Member: tsmiller1
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumHorns, Gear, and EquipmentMouthpieces(Moderators: BGuttman, Doug Elliott) Griego 5 large bore tenor mouthpiece
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Griego 5 large bore tenor mouthpiece  (Read 205 times)
Dr. M. Lomas

View Profile
« on: Aug 04, 2017, 03:24AM »

Hello,
At the moment, I am considering obtaining a Griego 5 large bore tenor trombone mouthpiece. There does not seem to be much specific comment on this on the internet. What are people's experiences of this mouthpiece?
Regarding sizes: Griego's specifications state that the cup is a bit deeper than a Bach 5G. However, how does the cup depth of the Griego 5 compare to the Schilke 51 (which I know)? Is it somewhere between the Bach and the Schilke in size?
Looking at photos, the rim seems to be semi-flat, with a sharp inner edge. Is this impression correct?
Thanks and best wishes,
Dr. M. Lomas.
conn88plyr
Keith Hilson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2017, 05:05AM »

I would agree in your assessment of the Griego cup depth being between a Bach and Schilke; the throat also does not open quite as much as a Schilke.  In general I find that if someone likes the feel of a Bach rim they will like the Griego feel as well.  Folks who play Griego tend to find them to be even across registers and dynamics, very responsive and with a fat core to the sound.  They are a consistent favorite with many of the players I work with!

Keith Hilson
Trombone Shop Manager
Schmitt Music, Brooklyn Center MN

Conn 88HO, Bach 42BO, Martin Urbie Green, Kuhnl & Hoyer Slokar alto
Dukesboneman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2017, 05:42AM »

I have a Griego 7 and I`ve found that the rim is incredibly comfortable. One of the the most comfortable I own

“Where words leave off, music begins.”
― Heinrich Heine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: