Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1080017 Posts in 71455 Topics- by 19045 Members - Latest Member: Old2TheBone
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumHorns, Gear, and EquipmentAccessories(Moderator: slide advantage) FUNERAL MUSIC IN PDF FOR BRASS QUINTETT-or SEPTET
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FUNERAL MUSIC IN PDF FOR BRASS QUINTETT-or SEPTET  (Read 487 times)
lojz

View Profile
« on: Aug 06, 2017, 06:15AM »

Hello everybody
I would need urgently 2 or 3 funeral songs for brass quintett or septet in PDF .
Friend died 2 days ago and his last wish was actually Amazing grace, but would be ok also kind of dixie funeral music for such group.
If anybody can help me,please send me pm or an email,funeral is in 2 days,so I hope,I can find some material.
THANKS Klemen
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2017, 09:18AM »

Klemen, Amazing Grace (tune) is PD, but I don't think any quintet arrangements are.

Lots of funereal music by Pezel available.  The Beethoven Equali for 4 trombones is classic funeral music.  All available on IMSLP.

How good are your friends at improvising Dixieland style?  Just a Closer Walk and Amazing Grace lend themselves to that treatment very well.  There is a Canadian Brass arrangement (actually two; one is plain and one has a major trombone solo) of Just a Closer Walk.

Good luck finding some stuff.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Mark LaFratta

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2017, 10:34AM »

Jvmusic (Jari villanueva)  has downloadable music. Excellent arrangement of amazing grace for brass quintet. Not Dixieland.
There are numerous sites that have instant downloads of in expensive quintet arrangements of Dixie land versions of just a closer walk.
MJL

Mark J. La Fratta
Shires alto red brass bell nickel slide wBb rotor; Shires Sauer Model; Conn 62H Bass; Conn 12H Coprion; Markus Leuchter Eb Alto Sackbut, Boehm & Meinl Bb sackbut
jedrph

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2017, 02:13PM »

i have a pdf score of the Phantom Regiments arrangement of Amazing Grace that could be used with a quintet. here's a recording of PR playing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b91F0AtgXMA . PM me if you want the arrangement I have.
Driswood

"It's better to be smart than intelligent""

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2017, 02:36PM »

Check your PM

"Give a beggar a horse & he'll run over you"

"Imagine you're an idiot. Now imagine you're a member of Congress. But I repeat myself" Mark Twain

'65 Bach 34B
fsung

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2017, 04:14PM »

i have a pdf score of the Phantom Regiments arrangement of Amazing Grace that could be used with a quintet. here's a recording of PR playing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b91F0AtgXMA . PM me if you want the arrangement I have.

Hate to be "that guy," but the PR arrangement is almost certainly still under copyright. Unless you're the copyright holder or have written permission from the copyright holder to distribute it, please respect the composer's right to earn a living off of his or her creative efforts.
stephenkerry

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2017, 10:54PM »

You could try Matt Kingston''s downloadable music for quintet at http://www.mattkingston.com/brass-quintet-music/; you can look through the contents of various bundles or sets.

Trinity Concert Band, Earley, Reading UK
Aldworth Philharmonic Orchestra, Reading
Greyfriars Church Reading; Music Group
4Bones trombone quartet; 5T Brass Quintet
ex Millstones Dance Band, Wokingham
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: