Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1083465 Posts in 71712 Topics- by 19129 Members - Latest Member: Moray Musician
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just curious: Tell me about Tubas?  (Read 2180 times)
schlitzbeer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Aug 11, 2017, 04:21PM »

As a side note I way around 310 and wear the $h!+ out of my spandex bibs and bike shorts when I ride the trails here. If it offends anyone because I'm fat and wearing spandex then thats their problem.

Well, as long as you're eating healthy (broccoli and light beer), it's okay, you're not in male Bremelo territory. One does not get fat at Brevard, Interlochen, or Blue Lake on the food. But one does push down, and hold to a five count. It's a long flush to Lockhaven.
donn

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Aug 11, 2017, 05:34PM »

More often than not, I would think, people who we see playing some instrument picked it before they grew to full size.  Past that I don't really have an idea, but consider that coming up soon for the elected tuba player is marching band sousaphone, which can be a rather physical job.  It's possible that band directors pick the biggest and most robust kids for that, and that those kids aren't likely to get leaner as they grow older.
schlitzbeer

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Aug 12, 2017, 09:13AM »

It's possible that band directors pick the biggest and most robust kids for that, and that those kids aren't likely to get leaner as they grow older.

Not my experience. The ones I went through school with also played bas and or piano. The BDís should spend a little more time matching the kid up to the right instrument, and then alter the music to suit that instrumentation. Tuba, is just a different animal to play, just as they all are. I have a small Pan American 3 valve Bb.
JWykell

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Aug 12, 2017, 11:19AM »

Well, as long as you're eating healthy (broccoli and light beer), it's okay, you're not in male Bremelo territory. One does not get fat at Brevard, Interlochen, or Blue Lake on the food. But one does push down, and hold to a five count. It's a long flush to Lockhaven.

You ain't whistling Dixie about the food at Brevard. I'll never forget the first meal I had there. Mostly because it was and still is one of the worst I've ever had. Frozen cheese ravioli boiled into submission and then cured in a steam table for about half a day. Served with a semi dehydrated tomato sauce that was likely chosen more for its cost than its flavor.
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Aug 12, 2017, 11:22AM »

Yum.

Maybe if I ate there I'd get my weight under control.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: