Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1080973 Posts in 71555 Topics- by 19061 Members - Latest Member: Solitario85
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trump's statement against racism  (Read 7019 times)
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: Aug 22, 2017, 11:06AM »

Well what I heard Trump say that the two previous presidents didn't say were:
1 - He is changing the rules of engagement
2 - He will let the troops on the ground run the war instead of micro-managing the war from across the globe
3 - No timelines
4 - No announcements on what he plans to do

Basically it sounds like he will run this war the way it should be run. Time will tell, but that is what I heard last night.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: Aug 22, 2017, 11:46AM »

New boss same as the old boss Dusty.
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: Aug 22, 2017, 12:32PM »

Well what I heard Trump say that the two previous presidents didn't say were:
1 - He is changing the rules of engagement
2 - He will let the troops on the ground run the war instead of micro-managing the war from across the globe
3 - No timelines
4 - No announcements on what he plans to do

Basically it sounds like he will run this war the way it should be run. Time will tell, but that is what I heard last night.

You actually think that Trump came up with any of that? Honestly. Trump's speech was simply a long excuse for doing exactly what he said he wouldn't do, then pretending he knew how he would do it. His secret Afghanistan plan is no different from his secret health care plan. In both cases, he never had one.

Letting the troops run the war? Have you ever heard of something called civilian control? Hint: it's central to democracy. It's a sad state of affairs when we have generals running policy like a banana republic, and we're actually relieved because the purported president is so plainly unqualified that anyone would be better.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: Aug 22, 2017, 02:24PM »

"the troops on the ground"
"boots on the ground"
"commanders in the field"

It all sounds like really down-to-earth sensible he-man stuff until you start reading about the wars we've had and find out that the troops on the ground don't know much past the horizon they can see and the commanders in the field aren't infallible geniuses.

In 1965, General William Westmoreland proposed a plan that would win the Vietnam war in two years max. LBJ gave him everything he wanted. The public supported the war. It still didn't work. Not even close.

Generals can make plans and assure you it has to be done but that doesn't mean it's going to work.

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: Aug 22, 2017, 03:25PM »

I guess you people can't listen very well either. Or, you didn't really listen to his speech, you just gathered your info from your fake news sites.

He said all the things I listed, and more actually.

Energy City Big Band
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: Aug 22, 2017, 06:40PM »

I guess you people can't listen very well either. Or, you didn't really listen to his speech, you just gathered your info from your fake news sites.

He said all the things I listed, and more actually.

Straw man argument. No one is claiming he didn't say those things.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: Aug 23, 2017, 05:32AM »

Straw man argument. No one is claiming he didn't say those things.

Your words:
"You actually think that Trump came up with any of that? Honestly. Trump's speech was simply a long excuse for doing exactly what he said he wouldn't do,"

Energy City Big Band
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: Aug 23, 2017, 05:59AM »

Your words:
"You actually think that Trump came up with any of that? Honestly. Trump's speech was simply a long excuse for doing exactly what he said he wouldn't do,"

Because saying something =/= coming up with it.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: Aug 23, 2017, 08:18AM »

Because saying something =/= coming up with it.

"Coming up with it" is that a new goal post?

I listed what he SAID. The discussion over what he said.

Energy City Big Band
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: Aug 23, 2017, 09:16AM »

Actually, Bush said them first, then Obama said them, now it's Drumpf's turn. Once again he is just carrying Obama's policies forward, because Obama got tyhem as right as they could have been gotten dealing with today's Republican party.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: Aug 23, 2017, 09:26AM »

Actually, Bush said them first, then Obama said them, now it's Drumpf's turn. Once again he is just carrying Obama's policies forward, because Obama got tyhem as right as they could have been gotten dealing with today's Republican party.

Fake news on that Russ.

Just one example:
Trump is changing the Rules of Engagement. If he was doing the same as Obama, then there wouldn't need to be a change.  Don't know

Energy City Big Band
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: Aug 23, 2017, 11:03AM »

"Coming up with it" is that a new goal post?

I listed what he SAID. The discussion over what he said.
Except as PM pointed out, no one argued that he didn't say those. More likely he simply doesn't understand them and they were written by others.

Trump is changing the Rules of Engagement.
He is? By doing.... what exactly?  Don't know
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: Aug 23, 2017, 12:28PM »

Except as PM pointed out, no one argued that he didn't say those. More likely he simply doesn't understand them and they were written by others.
He is? By doing.... what exactly?  Don't know

I don't think the details is for us to know. Why tell the enemy? Common sense needs to be engaged. You think?

Energy City Big Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: Aug 23, 2017, 12:52PM »

I think if his new rules violate the Geneva Convention we might want to know.  He's proposed things in the past that would violate it.

I would not expect him to tell us troop strengths or locations.  But if his strategy is to do Public Works projects (maybe Don Jr. can run the backhoe he's so proud of being capable of running) we can know of that.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: Aug 23, 2017, 01:07PM »

I don't think the details is for us to know. Why tell the enemy? Common sense needs to be engaged. You think?
Actually, that doesn't sound like anything is engaged... rather the opposite.

Don't think!

He says the rules have changed, accept it as is, don't think, don't ask, don't even look at his history of baseless statements that sound good but ring hollow... just champion the slogan, the rules have changed!

btw, last time the don had a great plan, I seem to remember it was how to defeat isis. He knew! he knew better than the generals! he would get it done if elected!

What was his plan?

After a couple weeks in office (a time by previous statements that isis should already cease to exist), he asked the pentagon to present him with a plan and then couldn't even be bothered to review it.

His own great plan? Nada.
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: Aug 23, 2017, 01:08PM »

I would not expect him to tell us troop strengths or locations. 

He had no problem telling of the recent surge into Afghanistan or the numbers....  Don't know
nemomcnab

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: Aug 23, 2017, 01:37PM »

Fake news on that Russ.

Just one example:
Trump is changing the Rules of Engagement. If he was doing the same as Obama, then there wouldn't need to be a change.  Don't know

How is changing the ROE going to make any difference? Is he going to start allowing rape of civilians? Shooting babies? Dipping ammo in pig's blood? Who cares, right? They're just a bunch of mooslims, right? Don't ask questions, just mindlessly support endless war because our team's in charge now. When the other "team" was in charge it was a total disaster; "stupid."

Oh, but my surge is going to be a beautiful surge, believe me. It'll be tremendous, this I can tell you. Not like those failing losers before. My surge is going to be one hundred percent gold plated, the best - so amazing! Obummer and Killery had very weak surges. Sad. My surge will make America great again. Millions and millions of the most smartest people are saying it's going to be marvelous and classy. The best part is - though they may not know it yet - Mexico is going to pay for it!
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: Aug 23, 2017, 02:06PM »

How is changing the ROE going to make any difference? Is he going to start allowing rape of civilians? Shooting babies? Dipping ammo in pig's blood? Who cares, right? They're just a bunch of mooslims, right? Don't ask questions, just mindlessly support endless war because our team's in charge now. When the other "team" was in charge it was a total disaster; "stupid."

Oh, but my surge is going to be a beautiful surge, believe me. It'll be tremendous, this I can tell you. Not like those failing losers before. My surge is going to be one hundred percent gold plated, the best - so amazing! Obummer and Killery had very weak surges. Sad. My surge will make America great again. Millions and millions of the most smartest people are saying it's going to be marvelous and classy. The best part is - though they may not know it yet - Mexico is going to pay for it!

Ridiculous.

Energy City Big Band
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: Aug 23, 2017, 02:14PM »

The persona is a dogmabot. We can only hope the actual critter behind it has much higher cognitive function.

Making noise in its direction is just helping it set the social climate.

This has to be obvious by now ... no?

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
nemomcnab

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: Aug 23, 2017, 02:20PM »

Ridiculous.

Eloquent.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: