Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1086968 Posts in 71961 Topics- by 19232 Members - Latest Member: Bach to the future
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-Chat(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) and now I'm a famous teacher
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: and now I'm a famous teacher  (Read 247 times)
timothy42b

View Profile
« on: Aug 17, 2017, 08:04AM »

I guess this scam is going around again, got it yesterday:

During my search for a lesson teacher that would help in taking my son (Kenneth) During is stay in your location. I found your advert and it is very okay to me since you specialize in the area I'm seeking for him, My son would be coming to your city before the end of this month for a period of time with his friend, I'll like to know if you can help in taking him for the lesson? just to keep him busy and refresh. Kenneth is 11 years old, So kindly let me know your charges per hour/lesson in order for me to arrange for his payment before he travels down to for the lessons to commence.

He will be staying there for 2 weeks and Please Reply back on:

(1). Your charges per 2 hours (3 times a week for 2 Weeks):starting from 28th August until 9th September 2017

(2) Total Cost For 6 class/12 hours lessons in 2 Weeks

(3). The Day you will be available to teach him During the week:

Well am very happy that i see you as my son tutor and about your years of Experience there is no problem about the lessons, My son will be coming with his caregiver. So there is no problem for the lesson to commence by next week, my son caregiver will be bringing him to your location for the lessons and you can teach him anywhere around you including the Library or your home if that is okay by you so i will like you to teach my son the best of you when he get to the city for the lessons. I will like you to email me with your schedule for the lessons,I will like you to email me with the name on the check and Full mailing address where the check will be mailed to and including your Home and Cell phone number for my attorney to issue out a check to your before leaving the the state, by this week, I will be awaiting to read from you soon with your name and address.

It sounds like a great idea, I'm sure I can help him.   :)  Only part I wonder about is teaching trombone in the library.  Can someone recommend a really good mute?

Tim Richardson
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Aug 17, 2017, 09:01AM »

Egg him on.  See where it goes.  It may be fun and revealing.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
schlitzbeer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 17, 2017, 09:21AM »

I knew a trumpet teacher that fell for this one. They get your home address and hit you when your away. They might actually send a kid for lessons.
MikeBMiller
Best trombone player on my street.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 17, 2017, 09:46AM »

I think usually this type of scam involves them sending you a bad check and then saying they changed their mind and asking for a refund before you discover that the check was bad. Then again, nobody mails checks to strangers any more, so I'm not sure how that would work these days. I know there is a Nigerian prince who still owes me a million bucks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: