Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087306 Posts in 72013 Topics- by 19243 Members - Latest Member: CABurton159
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WorldViews  (Read 906 times)
drizabone

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Aug 22, 2017, 07:28PM »

While atheism brings with it a load of existentialist baggage, I'd be reluctant to call it by the name 'Atheist Existentialism' which is more to do with the existentialism and less to do the with the atheism.  I was never a great fan of Sartre.  When I read your summary it seems you were leaning toward his philosophy, so I'll just say my view is not one of your summaries (just plain atheism with the tripartite worldview).  I did make comments and pose questions for the Christian Theism version, and I had intended to the same for all, so in that process I can add my thoughts to yours on each.  If you feel my input is valuable, you can make alterations as you see fit.

I actually guessed that the atheist contributors here would identify with "Optimistic naturalism" (secular humanism) woldview.

I tried to use names that showed what was believed rather than what wasn't believed.  I failed with Atheistic existentialism but maybe that is close enough to Pessimistic naturalism (nihilism) not to need both.

I've promised to present my own at some point, but I was thinking of a different format.  I can be flexible though.

Unfortunately, my time this year is being limited by us remodeling our abode.  I have to think about this stuff - it's not trivial to me - so my participation is 'as time permits'.

I hope it goes well.
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Aug 22, 2017, 08:41PM »

I hope it goes well.
Thanks Martin.  It has been so far ... just a few hiccups ... after all, we're all just human, even contractors.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: