Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1086968 Posts in 71961 Topics- by 19232 Members - Latest Member: Bach to the future
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-Chat(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Potential background music for D&D
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Potential background music for D&D  (Read 194 times)
Andrew Meronek

"Justly Intoned"

View Profile
« on: Aug 18, 2017, 02:44PM »

Here's a whim: you get a group of friends together, roll some characters, set out in an adventure, and come across your first encounter with roving (bandits/goblins/something). What would be some great music for the DM to throw on?

I'm not thinking along the terms of "Don't Worry, Be Happy."

And I'm not thinking of having a DM who is there to guide the party to success or anything. Quite the opposite.

So, the background music of Samuel Barber's First Essay for Orchestra would be awesome. A nice, not-so-subtle hint that death is coming, and it's going to be horrible and disheartening.  :-0  Pant Evil

"All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians."

- Thelonious Monk
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2017, 04:39PM »

Here's a whim: you get a group of friends together, roll some characters, set out in an adventure, and come across your first encounter with roving (bandits/goblins/something). What would be some great music for the DM to throw on?

I'm not thinking along the terms of "Don't Worry, Be Happy."

And I'm not thinking of having a DM who is there to guide the party to success or anything. Quite the opposite.

So, the background music of Samuel Barber's First Essay for Orchestra would be awesome. A nice, not-so-subtle hint that death is coming, and it's going to be horrible and disheartening.  :-0  Pant Evil

Any of Jeremy Soule's Elder Scrolls soundtracks (Skyrim may be his best, but there's a lot of really good stuff in all them I'm aware of). I bought the digital album(s), but I think you can still YouTube it--3ish hours of fantasy game soundtrack.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: