Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1080934 Posts in 71553 Topics- by 19061 Members - Latest Member: Solitario85
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumTeaching & LearningBeginners and Returning Trombonists(Moderator: bhcordova) Reinhardts Pivot System for embouchure..........
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Reinhardts Pivot System for embouchure..........  (Read 298 times)
Stanley Accrington

View Profile
« on: Aug 29, 2017, 10:38AM »

..............what's it all about........and could it help me with playing higher notes?
Doug Elliott
Lord of the Rims

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2017, 11:04AM »

It's all about finding the best embouchure configuration for your particular face, and then using that.  It is a mechanical approach to a musical end.  Playing in the most efficient form improves everything about your playing - yes it helps high range but it also helps mid and low range, opens your sound and gives you more endurance.  It's actually not just about embouchure, it's how the whole body functions toward efficient playing.

I was a very long term student of Reinhardt and he specifically asked me to carry on where he left off, so that's what I do, both in brass teaching and the low brass mouthpieces I design and manufacture.

www.DougElliottMouthpieces.com
XT LexanN104,C+,D2, Williams 6, K&H Slokar alto, K&H Slokar Solo .547 open wrap
GetzenBassPlayer

"Learn as little as you have to, as well a"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Aug 29, 2017, 12:02PM »

..............what's it all about........and could it help me with playing higher notes?

It could be helpful if done correctly. It something best approached under the tutelage of a qualified instructor.

Pro level? Pro level!  You make it pro, you make it good You make it loved and play nice Then its a pro level horn
Leif

I can justify my position with a trombone in my hands and that's good enough for me
Beware wise men bearing equations  C. Stearn
Sliphorn
Pedal Pusher

"Tenor & Bass, Jazz & Classical"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29, 2017, 12:17PM »

I worked with Doug a very long time and know this to be true.  I learned a great deal from him and I use that knowledge myself with my own students, such as they are.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: