Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087340 Posts in 72018 Topics- by 19243 Members - Latest Member: CABurton159
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumTeaching & LearningPractice Room(Moderator: blast) How loud should I practice?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How loud should I practice?  (Read 1262 times)
svenlarsson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: Sep 01, 2017, 08:43AM »

I guess that Norwegians can never learn to play the trombone if the "o/a" is so different. ... such an enlightening study of phonetics we all just got treated to.

I guess C. Lindberg (swedish) probably didn't know how to either until he worked with Ralph Sauer and heard American speech? Then the rest is history.

:D Good! Very funny!

Kanstul 1662. Bach 45B. Kanstul 1555. Besson Euphonium. Kanstul 66-S Tuba. Sackbuts in F/E/Eb Bb/A
And several horns I should sell.
svenlarsson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: Sep 02, 2017, 03:09AM »

I do know that some American people believe that Americans are the only ones that do things right. Evil (That was funny guys!)
As I know how difficult it is to read on a screen, I say once more: in some language the "A" and "O" differ in that the "O" is not said with an open throat. In other languages both "A" and "O" is said with an open throat. One language where the "O" is said with an open throat is Norwegian.
Because of that a Norwegian trombonist can use both ta to as articulation in trombone playing. Or better da or do. There are many fantastic trombonists in Norway, and very good trombone teachers.

That was that. All this was not at all helping the OP who did not ask for help in articulation.

Jut practise as loud as you can with good sound. Any thing. Scales, hymns, brokem chords, anuthing.
By all means the Dennis Wick method using the pactise mute can be used a little. Good luck.

Kanstul 1662. Bach 45B. Kanstul 1555. Besson Euphonium. Kanstul 66-S Tuba. Sackbuts in F/E/Eb Bb/A
svenlarsson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: Sep 02, 2017, 04:37AM »

Actually there are lots of Swedes that believe that only the Swedish way is the best!  >:(

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: