Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1080973 Posts in 71555 Topics- by 19061 Members - Latest Member: Solitario85
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Story not trending on Facebook  (Read 236 times)
robcat2075

View Profile
« on: Sep 13, 2017, 08:34AM »

The communists had a joke: A capitalist will sell you the rope to hang him with.

Facebook’s Heading Toward a Bruising Run-In With the Russia Probe

The Facebook campaign also seems to include the first evidence of Russian operatives attempting to organize actual political events on American soil, as opposed to just spreading memes and fake news on the web...

Facebook has said that it can’t release its findings because that would violate its own ‘internal policies’ which protect user privacy. That’s rich...

Facebook is so accustomed to treating its ‘internal policies’ as though they were something like laws that they appear to have a sort of blind spot that prevents them from seeing how ridiculous their resistance sounds. To use the cliche, it feels like a real shark jumping moment. As someone recently observed, Facebook’s ‘internal policies’ are crafted to create the appearance of civic concerns for privacy, free speech, and other similar concerns. But they’re actually just a business model. Facebook’s ‘internal policies’ amount to a kind of Stepford Wives version of civic liberalism and speech and privacy rights...

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2017, 02:57PM »

"Facebook has said that it can’t release its findings because that would violate its own ‘internal policies’ which protect user privacy."

That's not going to wash.

The embarrassing part of the story is that Zuckerberg sold out America so cheaply.
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2017, 10:41AM »

"Facebook has said that it can’t release its findings because that would violate its own ‘internal policies’ which protect user privacy."

That's not going to wash.

The embarrassing part of the story is that Zuckerberg sold out America so cheaply.
Zuckerberg gives not a rats butt about America, Americans or anyone else except Zuckerberg.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2017, 05:32AM »

I suspect, and think I heard in passing, that a lot of the ads involved were handled as strictly electronic transactions with little, if any, human oversight after the original programs were written. Search warrants will get much deeper into this than the Congressional subpeons did, and FB is going to have to do a much better job of self examination. They may have commited Criminal Negligence.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: