Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1080907 Posts in 71551 Topics- by 19061 Members - Latest Member: Solitario85
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bonerama and Fred Wesley  (Read 878 times)
zemry

"Steve Turre and myself in the French Quarter"

View Profile WWW
« on: Nov 06, 2004, 04:00PM »

Bonerama has a new cd that is coming out. The release party is scheduled for Nov. 19th in New Orleans. Here is the site: http://www.bonerama.net/newsevents.html

There won't come a time when you won't have to practice anymore.........J.J. Johnson

Richard Zemry Johnson, Jr.
Unaboner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2004, 12:13AM »

One of the bands I play in opened for Bonerama when they played Baltimore a few weeks ago. They had Fred Wesley on the gig with them. They sounded absolutely KILLIN'. I was invited up to sit in on the last two tunes. Fred Wesley took a masterful solo, and then they pointed to me. Your turn new guy. What could I do? I stepped up and blew my guts out.

They played a couple of searing rock tunes..Frankenstein, Crosstown Traffic, and a Led Zepplin tune- the title escapes me at the moment....Moby Dick? But my favorite of the evening was a stellar performance of Shiny Stockings. It was two hours of non-stop Trombone magic.

These guys are a great band. I highly recommend you hear them if they come to your town. I'm going to buy the new CD right now.

Hey Zemry, thanks for the update. If you catch Bonerama, tell them Craig from Baltimore says hello.

Craig

KINGJIGG1943

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2004, 07:52AM »

Bonerama is awesome!  I met Craig Klein for the 1st time last night, along with Leroy Jones. Actually got to play two songs with him!  Me and some of my friends are going to check them out later this week when they play down town. Should be very kool.
   I've met a couple of guys in the band in the last 2 months, they are all great players. Anyone who likes trombones period should see them or at least get a CD.

James

"My talents and good looks are only exceeded by my humbleness! =)~"

"My car is faster than yours."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: