Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087323 Posts in 72015 Topics- by 19243 Members - Latest Member: CABurton159
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Niger fiasco  (Read 504 times)
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« on: Oct 23, 2017, 09:08AM »

I find it incredibly hypocritical that for all the screaming about Benghazi from the right wingers who wanted to bring down Hillary, they seem to be suspiciously silent over the disaster in Niger.

For years it has been a non stop barrage of attacks on Hillary. And despite multiple investigations and hearings, she was not deemed culpable. And not once did the right own up to the fact that it was them who voted to cut funding for embassy security.

Trump? Republican leaders? What say you? Will you accept responsibility?  Don't know

I doubt it.
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2017, 09:18AM »

No one seems to remember this:

One U.S. Navy SEAL was killed and three other SEALs were wounded in the raid.

The raid in Yemen was described as "risky from the start and costly in the end";the "botched" operation raised questions about the choice to go forward with the raid "without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations".

President Bone Spurs not wearing this one. Niger any different?
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2017, 09:19AM »

Does Trump have any properties in Niger?  Is there anyway he can profit from this?  If not, then he won't do anything.

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
Bimmerman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2017, 09:36AM »

But her emails (tm)
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Oct 23, 2017, 09:40AM »

So... We perform anti-terrorism military operations throughout Africa. This is normal and standard (for better or worse). And Trump almost certainly has little to no knowledge or even care of these operations.

That said, it is likely his actions had a major impact on them.

One of our biggest partners in these operations is Congo. The same Congo that was recently added to trump's muslim ban list... saying they fostered terrorism. So we insulted one of our biggest allies in the area, claiming they themselves we what we were fighting against.

Their response? They stopped helping. They pulled out and went home.

Not much longer... our troops were ambushed. The only available/nearby evac was a military contractor... who left the four soldier behind.

And what is trump's response?

Lie about calling the gold star families, and when he finally did get around to calling a few of them... as of this morning, he has gone to twitter directly calling one of the widows a liar.

Screw up one area, distract in another.

And so trump goes on.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Oct 23, 2017, 10:26AM »

Niger won't have the legs of Benghazi because the Dems won't put nearly as much energy into pursuing fictitious conspiracies as the Republicans do.

Trump probably didn't even know we had troops in Niger so i doubt there's any factor of him ordering someone into an ambush.

But it's still not clear who did and why they were where they weren't supposed to have been.

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Oct 23, 2017, 11:55AM »

Niger won't have the legs of Benghazi because the Dems won't put nearly as much energy into pursuing fictitious conspiracies as the Republicans do.

Trump probably didn't even know we had troops in Niger so i doubt there's any factor of him ordering someone into an ambush.

But it's still not clear who did and why they were where they weren't supposed to have been.

Turnabout may motivate them to take it about 4,703 times further beyond reason than they usually would ... but yeah, nowhere near as far or as long as the Alternative Facts Crüe has with Benghazi and Clinton's obvious attempts to turn the US over to al Qaeda control through emails (or whatever work of selective vapidity is the most popular radical right wing Benghazi/Kool-Aid flavor of the week). For that you have to be able to convince yourself of embarrassingly vacuous nonsense without being too embarrassed to keep going there, so you have to be many times less self-aware (or several times more rationally unhinged) than average.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Oct 23, 2017, 12:10PM »

The most ironic part seems to be that trump himself is the biggest player in keeping this story alive.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Oct 23, 2017, 01:55PM »

I don't think that Trump has blamed the attacks on an Internet video. (yet)

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
dj kennedy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Oct 23, 2017, 04:56PM »

ANETTE  COLDTER  DID IT  !!!!!!!!!!!!!

XXXXooOOOOOXXXXXXXXX
LUCKY  LUCKY LUCKY  !!!!!!!!!!
Andrew Meronek

"Justly Intoned"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Oct 23, 2017, 07:57PM »

It was also President Obama's call to send troops there. Pre-Trump.

Actually, although it's terrible for those who knew the soldiers killed, they were elitely trained and willingly took on the risks, in an area that is important for the war on terror, so I suspect they judged their duty there well worth the risks. I think Pres. Obama was trying for a more effective way of dealing with violent extremists for the people living in the areas involved than George Bush's Iraq invasion and subsequent full-scale policing actions.

"All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians."

- Thelonious Monk
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Oct 26, 2017, 03:22PM »

It was also President Obama's call to send troops there. Pre-Trump.

Actually, although it's terrible for those who knew the soldiers killed, they were elitely trained and willingly took on the risks, in an area that is important for the war on terror, so I suspect they judged their duty there well worth the risks. I think Pres. Obama was trying for a more effective way of dealing with violent extremists for the people living in the areas involved than George Bush's Iraq invasion and subsequent full-scale policing actions.

The impression from some quarters is that the mission was poorly run and poorly supported. I'll withhold judgment, because you can take casualties even in a well-executed mission, obviously.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
Molefsky

"Very old photo..."

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2017, 02:59PM »

Well there's my annual quota of irony, all in one post no less.

Molefsky
freelance trombonist
Full-time Environmental Engineering Consultant
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: