Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087048 Posts in 71973 Topics- by 19232 Members - Latest Member: Bach to the future
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Nothing burger becomes a something burger
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nothing burger becomes a something burger  (Read 2954 times)
elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Nov 07, 2017, 11:36AM »

Frankly, I just wish the MSM would call a lie a lie.  None of this "untruth" or "misdirection" or "mistruth" or "verbal combativeness" BS.  When she lies, when Trump lies, whenever *anyone* lies, just call it a lie.  Call it a lie, publish the verified truth, and move on.  If they did to to Sarah Huckabee, every question at the press conferences would be "Why did you lie about X on DATE?" Or, they'd simply cut off the tap.
The first mistep they make on calling something a lie in a press briefing scenario will feed Fox News, the White House, Breitbart, and the rest of the so-called conservative media for decades.  Unfortunately, that is what feeds breathless coverage of "but uranium" and "E-MAILS!!1!!1!"

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew Elms
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: Nov 07, 2017, 01:35PM »

Doesn't matter.  If the press had the balls to call a spade a spade, Trump & Co., Faux Noise, and the rest of the self-proclaimed 'alt-right' would say they were lying and their followers would still be for them.  Don't expect a presidential election in 2020.

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Nov 08, 2017, 07:17AM »

Doesn't matter.  If the press had the balls to call a spade a spade, Trump & Co., Faux Noise, and the rest of the self-proclaimed 'alt-right' would say they were lying and their followers would still be for them.  Don't expect a presidential election in 2020.

You left out the Clintons and Obamas.  Don't know

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Nov 08, 2017, 01:56PM »

You left out the Clintons and Obamas.  Don't know
Because when your guys do bad, the others MUST have done it as well, right?

So much for personal responsibility...
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Nov 08, 2017, 02:29PM »

Because when your guys do bad, the others MUST have done it as well, right?

So much for personal responsibility...

Are you suggesting that the Clintons are angels? LOL!

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Nov 08, 2017, 05:06PM »

Are you suggesting that the Clintons are angels? LOL!

Not in the least. BUT, 30 years of witch hunts, kangaroo courts, tin-foil hat conspiracy theories, and untold numbers of serious investigations have turned up 1 lie about an oral sexual encounter and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE. NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH, ZIPPO, BUPKIS, GOOSE EGGS. ETC., ETC., ETC.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
Bimmerman

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Nov 08, 2017, 05:07PM »

Not in the least. BUT, 30 years of witch hunts, kangaroo courts, tin-foil hat conspiracy theories, and untold numbers of serious investigations have turned up 1 lie about an oral sexual encounter and ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE. NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH, ZIPPO, BUPKIS, GOOSE EGGS. ETC., ETC., ETC.

But her emails!
badger

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Nov 08, 2017, 06:36PM »

"The Whitewater controversy (also known as the Whitewater scandal, or simply Whitewater) began with investigations into the real estate investments of Bill and Hillary Clinton and their associates, Jim and Susan McDougal, in the Whitewater Development Corporation, a failed business venture in the 1970s and 1980s."

Whitewater Convictions

Jim Guy Tucker: Governor of Arkansas at the time, removed from office (fraud, 3 counts)

John Haley: attorney for Jim Guy Tucker (tax evasion)

William J. Marks, Sr.: Jim Guy Tucker's business partner (conspiracy)

Stephen Smith: former Governor Clinton aide (conspiracy to misapply funds). Bill Clinton pardoned.

Webster Hubbell: Clinton political supporter; Rose Law Firm partner (embezzlement, fraud)

Jim McDougal: banker, Clinton political supporter: (18 felonies, varied)

Susan McDougal: Clinton political supporter (multiple fraud). Bill Clinton pardoned.

David Hale: banker, self-proclaimed Clinton political supporter: (conspiracy, fraud)

Neal Ainley: Perry County Bank president (embezzled bank funds for Clinton campaign)

Chris Wade: Whitewater real estate broker (multiple loan fraud). Bill Clinton pardoned.

Larry Kuca: Madison real estate agent (multiple loan fraud)

Robert W. Palmer: Madison appraiser (conspiracy). Bill Clinton pardoned.

John Latham: Madison Bank CEO (bank fraud)

Eugene Fitzhugh: Whitewater defendant (multiple bribery)

Charles Matthews: Whitewater defendant (bribery)

Ultimately the Clintons were never charged, but 15 other persons were convicted of more than 40 crimes, including Bill Clinton's successor as Governor, who was removed from office.[40]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_%28controversy%29#Convictions

or,

https://web.archive.org/web/20090326122112/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_%28controversy%29

That's just one example.

Least one forget Janet Reno and her ineptitude and her pickup.  Evil
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Nov 08, 2017, 06:46PM »

"The Whitewater controversy (also known as the Whitewater scandal, or simply Whitewater) began with investigations into the real estate investments of Bill and Hillary Clinton and their associates, Jim and Susan McDougal, in the Whitewater Development Corporation, a failed business venture in the 1970s and 1980s."

Whitewater Convictions

Jim Guy Tucker: Governor of Arkansas at the time, removed from office (fraud, 3 counts)

John Haley: attorney for Jim Guy Tucker (tax evasion)

William J. Marks, Sr.: Jim Guy Tucker's business partner (conspiracy)

Stephen Smith: former Governor Clinton aide (conspiracy to misapply funds). Bill Clinton pardoned.

Webster Hubbell: Clinton political supporter; Rose Law Firm partner (embezzlement, fraud)

Jim McDougal: banker, Clinton political supporter: (18 felonies, varied)

Susan McDougal: Clinton political supporter (multiple fraud). Bill Clinton pardoned.

David Hale: banker, self-proclaimed Clinton political supporter: (conspiracy, fraud)

Neal Ainley: Perry County Bank president (embezzled bank funds for Clinton campaign)

Chris Wade: Whitewater real estate broker (multiple loan fraud). Bill Clinton pardoned.

Larry Kuca: Madison real estate agent (multiple loan fraud)

Robert W. Palmer: Madison appraiser (conspiracy). Bill Clinton pardoned.

John Latham: Madison Bank CEO (bank fraud)

Eugene Fitzhugh: Whitewater defendant (multiple bribery)

Charles Matthews: Whitewater defendant (bribery)

Ultimately the Clintons were never charged, but 15 other persons were convicted of more than 40 crimes, including Bill Clinton's successor as Governor, who was removed from office.[40]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_%28controversy%29#Convictions

or,

https://web.archive.org/web/20090326122112/http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitewater_%28controversy%29

That's just one example.

Least one forget Janet Reno and her ineptitude and her pickup.  Evil

Exactly. All those folks they got, BUT, AS BAD AS THEY WANTED THEM, they DID NOT find anything indictable on the Clintons. They kept that "investigation" going for 5 years at a cost to the American taxpayers of over $50 Million, and at the end they had a lie about consensual sex between two adults. PERIOD! Other than that,,,,NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH, ZIPPO, BUPKIS, GOOSE EGGS. ETC., ETC., ETC.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Nov 08, 2017, 07:03PM »

Interesting how many were pardoned though.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Nov 08, 2017, 07:39PM »

The whole POINT of that Whitewater investigation was to get the Clintons and they came up with nothing.

The four pardons Clinton gave were all after they had served their sentences. (Gee, thanks Bill! This will look nice framed.)

Future FBI director... James Comey... was appointed to investigate all those last minute pardons and found nothing illegal going on.

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Nov 08, 2017, 07:59PM »

Badger, your desperation is showing.

The events that gave rise to the Whitewater investigations go back literally decades. If you have a bad enough president (and you do) I guess you take what you get.

When I was born, the president was Eisenhower. He was a great president. He wasn't trying to relitigate Harding's Teapot Dome scandal, which would have been of a similar vintage, because he didn't have to.

As I said, your desperation is showing. If you've got a bad guy, you're stuck with a bad argument.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Nov 08, 2017, 08:45PM »

Harding was lucky to be dead. We'll probably have Bill and Hillary to kick around for another 20 years.

Robert Holmén

Bruce the budgie

"A burp is not a grace note."

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Nov 08, 2017, 09:24PM »

Did somebody say Harding? You may have seen this, although it doesn’t go that far back:

Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Nov 09, 2017, 04:19AM »

Did somebody say Harding? You may have seen this, although it doesn’t go that far back:

Problem is, we're actually in a largely post-fact culture--a culture that fosters and honors and cherishes the most intense intellectual cowardice, and the proud rejection of honesty. In some very popular and powerful social institutions it's the highest of virtues, without which you cannot please that institution's version of the Ultimate [Inevident] Authority.

Show such a person a fact he doesn't like or an idea that challenges his sensibilities and he'll hide behind a label, which works for such a shallow mind as a shield--an excuse to ignore anything and everything that might not affirm him. Such facts to such profoundly frail psyches are Fake News. There's no actual standard other than whether or not they feel good about it--whether or not it affirms their personal sentiments.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: Nov 09, 2017, 08:32AM »

That's because all the federal prosecutors are liberal democrats, and we know they protect their own!!!!  If you don't believe me, look it up (but give me a few minutes to post this to Facebook, Twitter and Breibart before you start looking!)  If you can't find it, you obviously aren't looking in the right places!

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
Bruce the budgie

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Nov 09, 2017, 11:29AM »

... give me a few minutes ...
Thank you.  Hi

Should I be sitting on the edge of my seat, or will light drumming of fingertips on the table suffice?

@BvB, you may have seen a piece by Sam “two fathoms” Clemens (might be in “Innocents Abroad”, so late nineteenth century?) where he tells of meeting a supremely accomplished BS artist, capable of producing a galloping firehose of detailed fictitious cases supporting his theses. Now we have a world-wide web propagating noise just as fast as signal.
Bruce the budgie

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Nov 09, 2017, 11:51AM »

Here is the basis for that earlier infographic:

From Kevin G Shinnick:
“I made a comment recently where I claimed that Republican administrations had been much more criminally corrupt over the last 50 plus years than the Democrats. I was challenged (dared actually) to prove it. So I did a bit of research and when I say a bit I mean it didn’t take long and there is no comparison.

When comparing criminal indictments of those serving in the executive branch of presidential administrations, it’s so lopsided as to be ridiculous. Yet all I ever hear about is how supposedly “corrupt” the Democrats are. So why don’t we break it down by president and the numbers?

Obama (D) – 8 yrs in office. Zero criminal indictments, zero convictions and zero prison sentences. So the next time somebody describes the Obama administration as “scandal free” they aren’t speaking wishfully, they’re simply telling the truth.
Bush, George W. (R) – 8 yrs in office. 16 criminal indictments. 16 convictions. 9 prison sentences.
Clinton (D) – 8 yrs in office. 2 criminal indictments. One conviction. One prison sentence. That’s right nearly 8 yrs of investigations. Tens of millions spent and 30 yrs of claiming them the most corrupt ever and there was exactly one person convicted of a crime.
Bush, George H. W. (R) – 4 yrs in office. One indictment. One conviction. One prison sentence.
Reagan (R) – 8 yrs in office. 26 criminal indictments. 16 convictions. 8 prison sentences.
Carter (D) – 4 yrs in office. One indictment. Zero convictions and zero prison sentences.
Ford (R) – 4 yrs in office. One indictment and one conviction. One prison sentence.
Nixon (R) – 6 yrs in office. 76 criminal indictments. 55 convictions. 15 prison sentences.
Johnson (D) – 5 yrs in office. Zero indictments. Zero convictions. Zero prison sentences.

So, let’s see where that leaves us. In the last 53 years, Democrats have been in the Oval Office for 25 of those years, while Republicans held it for 28. In their 25 yrs in office Democrats had a total of three executive branch officials indicted with one conviction and one prison sentence. That’s one whole executive branch official convicted of a crime in two and a half decades of Democrat leadership.
In the 28 yrs that Republicans have held office over the last 53 yrs they have had a total of (a drum roll would be more than appropriate), 120 criminal indictments of executive branch officials. 89 criminal convictions and 34 prison sentences handed down. That’s more prison sentences than years in office since 1968 for Republicans. If you want to count articles of impeachment as indictments (they aren’t really but we can count them as an action), both sides get one more. However, Clinton wasn’t found guilty while Nixon resigned and was pardoned by Ford (and a pardon carries with it a legal admission of guilt on the part of the pardoned). So those only serve to make Republicans look even worse.

With everything going on with Trump and his people right now, it’s a safe bet Republicans are gonna be padding their numbers a bit real soon.

So let’s just go over the numbers one more time, shall we? 120 indictments for Republicans. 89 convictions, and 34 prison sentences. Those aren’t “feelings” or “alternate facts.” Those are simply the stats by the numbers. Republicans are, and have been for my entire lifetime, the most criminally corrupt party to hold the office of the presidency.
So those are the actual numbers. Feel free to copy and paste!”
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Nov 09, 2017, 12:26PM »

Reagan (R) – 8 yrs in office. 26 criminal indictments. 16 convictions. 8 prison sentences.

And there probably would have been more convictions if George HW Bush hadn't given a bunch of Iran Contra pardons.

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Nov 10, 2017, 07:22AM »

Law professor Seth Abramson gives long list of troubles in Carter Page's testimony. (Each conveniently prefaced with "BOMBSHELL")

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/927999713714081799

Robert Holmén

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: