Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092465 Posts in 72163 Topics- by 19436 Members - Latest Member: Pablo3A
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Nothing burger becomes a something burger
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nothing burger becomes a something burger  (Read 9266 times)
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: Jan 05, 2018, 12:51PM »

TV's Garfield, Welcome Back, Kotter, and Scooby Doo, Where Are You? writer and producer Mark Evanier...

Donald Trump believed that brilliance and leadership would blossom in his White House and he wanted to make sure someone would be around to record and report it. So unfettered access was given to Michael Wolff, a writer who specializes in gossip and stories of dubious sourcing and he was allowed to observe and interview and gather material which he used in a book called Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House, which is full of tales of chaos, interoffice hatred, incompetence and maybe even a little treason. The book depicts Trump himself as childish, mean and very interested in tricking friends' wives into having sex with him.

Trump's response has been to insist his lawyers — who presumably told him there was zero chance of this succeeding — use the court system to block publication of the book, even though there are plenty of copies around that would be uploaded to the Internet if they could somehow stop it from being sold at Barnes & Noble. And of course, the fact that he wants to suppress it has given tons of publicity to the book and catapulted it to the top of every Best Seller list. This is in addition to the fact that other reporters are already excerpting and spreading its more salacious and damaging sections…but somehow Trump will prevail. Do I have this right?

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: Jan 05, 2018, 05:39PM »

Here is a long excerpt...

Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Be President

On the afternoon of November 8, 2016, Kellyanne Conway settled into her glass office at Trump Tower. Right up until the last weeks of the race, the campaign headquarters had remained a listless place. All that seemed to distinguish it from a corporate back office were a few posters with right-wing slogans.

Conway, the campaign’s manager, was in a remarkably buoyant mood, considering she was about to experience a resounding, if not cataclysmic, defeat. Donald Trump would lose the election — of this she was sure — but he would quite possibly hold the defeat to under six points. That was a substantial victory. As for the looming defeat itself, she shrugged it off: It was Reince Priebus’s fault, not hers...

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: Jan 06, 2018, 02:19PM »

Some analysis and commentary on the recent Fusion GPS testimony...

Trump-Russia dossier firm just told all in bombshell NY Times op-ed

Three congressional committees have heard over 21 hours of testimony from our firm, Fusion GPS. In those sessions, we toppled the far right’s conspiracy theories… We walked investigators through our yearlong effort to decipher Mr. Trump’s complex business past, of which the Steele dossier is but one chapter.

Republicans have refused to release full transcripts of our firm’s testimony, even as they selectively leak details to media outlets on the far right. It’s time to share what our company told investigators.

We don’t believe the Steele dossier was the trigger for the F.B.I.’s investigation into Russian meddling. As we told the Senate Judiciary Committee in August, our sources said the dossier was taken so seriously because it corroborated reports the bureau had received from other sources, including one inside the Trump camp.

The intelligence committees have known for months that credible allegations of collusion between the Trump camp and Russia were pouring in from independent sources during the campaign. Yet lawmakers in the thrall of the president continue to wage a cynical campaign to portray us as the unwitting victims of Kremlin disinformation.

Robert Holmén

B0B

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: Jan 06, 2018, 05:45PM »

here's a link directly to the fusion gps op-ed:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/02/opinion/republicans-investigation-fusion-gps.html
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: Jan 09, 2018, 03:45PM »

Now you can read the Fusion GPS founder's Senate testimony yourself.  All 300+ pages!

READ: Transcript Of Dossier Firm’s Senate Judiciary Interview Released By Feinstein

Robert Holmén

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: Jan 09, 2018, 04:30PM »

According to Grassley’s orifice

“Feinstein’s release of the transcript “confounding” and said her action “undermines the integrity of the committee’s oversight work and jeopardizes its ability to secure candid voluntary testimony relating to the independent recollections of future witnesses.”

BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: Jan 09, 2018, 05:52PM »

According to Grassley’s orifice

“Feinstein’s release of the transcript “confounding” and said her action “undermines the integrity of the committee’s oversight work and jeopardizes its ability to secure candid voluntary testimony relating to the independent recollections of future witnesses.”

Translation:  It's embarrassing to us and we wish she hadn't.  And in this age of #metoo we can't just slap her across the face.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: Jan 09, 2018, 09:41PM »

Now you can read the Fusion GPS founder's Senate testimony yourself.  All 300+ pages!

READ: Transcript Of Dossier Firm’s Senate Judiciary Interview Released By Feinstein

I'm reading this now.  The Republican lawyer's questions seem designed to get 'yes' or 'no' answers that can be misrepresented in the media later if the full response of the witness isn't revealed along with it.

p.32

10     A. Well, I object to the question the way the
11 question is framed. You've sort of built into the
12 question the sort of inference that we were doing
13 something other than working on a legal case, and
14 there's extensive public record, documentation in
15 Pacer of the work that we did and it was a legal
16 case.

Robert Holmén

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: Jan 09, 2018, 11:18PM »

M Cohen suing GPS:

“Cohen said the suit against Fusion GPS and Simpson was filed in federal court in the southern district of New York. It reportedly claims that the firm “recklessly placed [the dossier] beyond their control and allowed it to fall into the hands of media devoted to breaking news on the hottest subject of the day: the Trump candidacy”.

Good luck with that.
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: Jan 10, 2018, 05:51AM »

Translation:  It's embarrassing to us and we wish she hadn't.  And in this age of #metoo we can't just slap her across the face.

She did it in response to Grassley and Graham unilaterally referring Steele for a criminal investigation. Then she got Drumpf to momentarily commit to a clean DACA bill before the Republicans in the room went crazy. Never been too fond of Feinstein until yesterday. You GO GIRL!!!!

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: Jan 10, 2018, 09:48AM »

THis is a little long, but it is an excellent synopsis of the transcript of the testimony, UNDER OATH, of the head of Fusion GPS. It shows the lengths Republicans are going to to protect the criminal enterprise they are using to gut this country.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/950884746082562048.html

Bimmerman

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: Jan 10, 2018, 10:18AM »

THis is a little long, but it is an excellent synopsis of the transcript of the testimony, UNDER OATH, of the head of Fusion GPS. It shows the lengths Republicans are going to to protect the criminal enterprise they are using to gut this country.

But remember Hillary's emails.....
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: Jan 10, 2018, 10:37AM »

This is a little long, but it is an excellent synopsis of the transcript of the testimony, UNDER OATH, of the head of Fusion GPS. It shows the lengths Republicans are going to to protect the criminal enterprise they are using to gut this country.

This sounds like the Russians infiltrated the GOP. A mix of LeCarre and Ludlum.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: Jan 10, 2018, 11:49AM »

But remember Hillary's emails.....

Hacked, wrapped, and delivered with a lovely red bow (emblazoned with hammers and sickles). :-P

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: Jan 10, 2018, 12:20PM »

Reply by Michael Wolff's attorney to Trump's attorney re: threat of a lawsuit...

Lawyer snap...

... we note that you understandably cite to New York as the governing law, yet we were surprised to see that President trump plans on asserting a claim for 'false light invasion of privacy.' As you are no doubt aware, New York does not recognize such a cause of action...

The lawsuit threats work on the electric and plumbing contractors that Donald Trump is used to stiffing but not on people with real lawyers.

Robert Holmén

Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: Jan 10, 2018, 12:35PM »

Does a President really have any real claim to an expectation of privacy on anything?

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: Jan 10, 2018, 12:59PM »

Does a President really have any real claim to an expectation of privacy on anything?

Later in that paragraph...

Not only is this claim meritless; it is non-existent.  In any event, it is patently ridiculous to claim that the privacy of the President of the United States has been violated by a book reporting on his campaign and his actions in office.

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: Jan 18, 2018, 08:58AM »

NRA is front for Russian election influence? Tell me it isn't true!

FBI investigating whether Russian money went to NRA to help Trump

WASHINGTON

The FBI is investigating whether a top Russian banker with ties to the Kremlin illegally funneled money to the National Rifle Association to help Donald Trump win the presidency, two sources familiar with the matter have told McClatchy.

FBI counterintelligence investigators have focused on the activities of Alexander Torshin, the deputy governor of Russia’s central bank who is known for his close relationships with both Russian President Vladimir Putin and the NRA, the sources said.

It is illegal to use foreign money to influence federal elections...

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: Jan 19, 2018, 10:10PM »

NRA’s Ties To Putin Allies Go Back Years

...It’s also worth noting that the NRA’s dark money arm spent more on the 2016 election than did any other dark money group. It spent three times as much in support of Trump as it did for Mitt Romney in 2012, despite the group’s antipathy to President Obama.

Here, in chronological order, is what we know on the NRA’s Russian ties...

If the NRA were a person with this many suspicious connections in his recent past you might wonder if they were compromised or even controlled by foreign money and influence.

But, of course, a corporation isn't a per... oh, wait...

Robert Holmén

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: Jan 19, 2018, 10:54PM »

They shut down the federal gov’t tonight.

Vlad must be so pleased.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: