Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087048 Posts in 71973 Topics- by 19232 Members - Latest Member: Bach to the future
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shooting in Texas  (Read 3561 times)
Alex

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: Nov 10, 2017, 05:42AM »

You people are really trying very hard to not accept the fact that a good guy with a gun saved many people from disaster.

You keep repeating this, so I guess you must believe it.
Who did the good guy save ?
You use the word "fact" as if you now where he was heading next.

ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: Nov 10, 2017, 05:53AM »

So...

I knew you would avoid answering my request for your solution.  So utterly predicable.

We have no idea what your 'ideal' scenario is, so please enlighten us Dusty, or shut the fork up and leave the discussion!!

Think it trough.  Your 'good guy' with a gun did not prevent 26 murders.  What is your solution???!  I know you'll be the first to tell us (yeah, right), so go for it.  Put your mark on the ground then stand back and let us have a go at it.  Tell us how more guns would provide a solution.

Actually, my solution is very close to yours. The bad guy with a gun should never have been set free to prey on the innocents. You can read that for yourself, if you took the time to read what I posted.

My good guy with a gun didn't prevent the 26 murders, which I already stated, but you don't read. He didn't prevent those 26 murders because he wasn't present. He was down the street, but I already stated that, as you don't read. If the good guy with a gun was in the church at the time, there wouldn't have been 26 murders.

I don't understand why you people are so loathe to give credit where credit is due, except it doesn't fit your belief system. It takes good guys with guns to stop bad guys with guns. A boxed in church with no good guys with guns is easy prey for bad guys with guns. But that doesn't fit your belief system. 

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: Nov 10, 2017, 05:54AM »

That's what the DD persona does. It's a definitive characteristic--egocentric myopia--to a highly clinically significant degree.

That's the schtick--the trolling model, but even such intense intellectual cowardice is within the fairly common "normal" range.

What do you contribute?

Energy City Big Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: Nov 10, 2017, 05:58AM »

You keep repeating this, so I guess you must believe it.
Who did the good guy save ?
You use the word "fact" as if you now where he was heading next.

I've already stated. It's obvious that you guys would have been much happier if this shooter had never been stopped, letting him do more damage to more people. Frankly, I think that is a moronic position.

Energy City Big Band
timothy42b

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: Nov 10, 2017, 06:19AM »

I don't understand why you people are so loathe to give credit where credit is due, except it doesn't fit your belief system. It takes good guys with guns to stop bad guys with guns. A boxed in church with no good guys with guns is easy prey for bad guys with guns. But that doesn't fit your belief system. 

Maybe because you are applauding a practical secular response that goes against the principles of Christianity, while claiming to be a Christian yet refusing to see even the possibility of a conflict. 

Tim Richardson
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: Nov 10, 2017, 06:27AM »

By Dusty's, and the pro-gun philosophy, reasoning, the way to stop suicide bombers is for everyone to have a bomb.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: Nov 10, 2017, 06:43AM »

Actually, my solution is very close to yours. The bad guy with a gun should never have been set free to prey on the innocents. You can read that for yourself, if you took the time to read what I posted.

My good guy with a gun didn't prevent the 26 murders, which I already stated, but you don't read. He didn't prevent those 26 murders because he wasn't present. He was down the street, but I already stated that, as you don't read. If the good guy with a gun was in the church at the time, there wouldn't have been 26 murders.

Dusty, I do read, and I am aware of the facts of this case as we know them and of what you posted.

My question was about how would you deploy guns in the church.  From reading your posts I see you are in favor of that.  So please answer that question for as I can not conjure up a scenario that would be feasible.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: Nov 10, 2017, 08:07AM »

Four teenagers in Baker, Florida hatched a plan to rob a man they knew to be wealthy and kidnap his daughter.

According to Fox News, the teens broke into his car and were in the process of entering the home, through the garage, before the home invasion abruptly ended.

What prevented these teens from kidnapping his daughter and robbing his home?

You guessed it, the homeowner had a gun.

The 51-year-old homeowner, Terry Brackney, fired off three shots before the assailants fled the scene.

Yet Another Example of a Good Guy with a Gun stopping a Bad guy with a Gun. Ok, this time, it was teens plural, not a singular bad guy with a gun. Prevention of a crime, and no telling what else, if they were successful in the kidnapping.

This is not a good thing. According to you guys. Sad.

Energy City Big Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: Nov 10, 2017, 08:08AM »

By Dusty's, and the pro-gun philosophy, reasoning, the way to stop suicide bombers is for everyone to have a bomb.

Again, who is talking about bombs? You, not me.  Don't know

Energy City Big Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: Nov 10, 2017, 08:16AM »

Maybe because you are applauding a practical secular response that goes against the principles of Christianity, while claiming to be a Christian yet refusing to see even the possibility of a conflict. 

"practical secular response" Why are you against responses that are practical?

When did it become unChristian to not be practical?

Where does the Bible state that Christians are supposed to never defend themselves from murder or other crimes?

That's suicidal. Your liberal Chrstianity puts you in a position that is suicidal.

There is no connection between what happened here and Christianity, other than the attack was carried out by an Atheist Bad Guy with a Gun in a Sunday morning worship service in church, and in your world, the shooter should have never been confronted and stopped, and especially if that person was a Christian.

Energy City Big Band
Bimmerman

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: Nov 10, 2017, 08:39AM »

There is no connection between what happened here and Christianity, other than the attack was carried out by an Atheist Bad Guy with a Gun in a Sunday morning worship service in church, and in your world, the shooter should have never been confronted and stopped, and especially if that person was a Christian.

Citation needed. I haven't seen anything that states the shooter was an atheist, aside from your posts on the subject.
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: Nov 10, 2017, 09:09AM »

Surely you jest. Do you actually think there were Christians in the days of Daniel?

In the early centuries of the Church (i.e. 100A.D. to approx. 312 A.D), being a Christian was punishable by torture and/or death.  Many Christians died in the Colloseum.  Some were fed to the lions; some were crucified, covered with pitch, and set on fire.  Re-read your early history of the Church.

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: Nov 10, 2017, 09:55AM »

The bad guy with a gun should never have been set free to prey on the innocents.
It takes good guys with guns to stop bad guys with guns.

He says contradicting himself in a single post...
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: Nov 10, 2017, 10:00AM »

Where does the Bible state that Christians are supposed to never defend themselves from murder or other crimes?
Do you see anywhere saying they can/should? Or that anywhere in the NT sanctioning the killing of others?
BillO

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: Nov 10, 2017, 10:24AM »

Citation needed. I haven't seen anything that states the shooter was an atheist, aside from your posts on the subject.
In the video in this CNN report one of Kelley's classmates claimed he was outspoken about his atheist beliefs.

I guess Dusty was right 'bout this.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/us/devin-kelley-texas-church-shooting-suspect/index.html

From the article text as well: "In addition to "non-God beliefs, atheism," his recent Facebook posts included "a lot of gun violence""

In the same article is this: "In Texas, a permit is not required to buy a handgun or a long gun, and gun owners do not have to be licensed."

That represents sufficient gun control?

Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: Nov 10, 2017, 10:34AM »

Again, who is talking about bombs? You, not me.  Don't know

Once again (Intentionally?) completely missing the point. When it comes to suicide bombers, only a good guy with a bomb can stop a bad guy with a bomb. Same stupidity.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
BillO

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: Nov 10, 2017, 10:45AM »

Do you see anywhere saying they can/should? Or that anywhere in the NT sanctioning the killing of others?
It depends on how you interpret Jesus' words:

Matt 10:34  "I did not come to bring peace to the earth; I did not come to bring peace but a sword"

Mark 13:7  "When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed; this must take place, but the end is still to come"

Luke 11:21  "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his castle, his property is safe"

Apparently he was not totally against potentially deadly violence.

Bimmerman

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: Nov 10, 2017, 11:07AM »

In the video in this CNN report one of Kelley's classmates claimed he was outspoken about his atheist beliefs.

I guess Dusty was right 'bout this.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/06/us/devin-kelley-texas-church-shooting-suspect/index.html

From the article text as well:

Excellent, thanks.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: Nov 10, 2017, 03:50PM »

Once again (Intentionally?) completely missing the point. When it comes to suicide bombers, only a good guy with a bomb can stop a bad guy with a bomb. Same stupidity.
Ok, so you think that guns and bombs are the same. Great point!

You need to push for registering all bombs, and to make it illegal to purchase bombs at bomb festivals.
Also, we need licenses for conceal carry of bombs. Well, open carry of bombs also need to be licensed!

LOL!

Energy City Big Band
badger

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: Nov 10, 2017, 05:52PM »

Excellent, thanks.

Probably repetitive.

Atheist Church Shooter:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5053013/Devin-Kelley-outcast-preached-atheism.html

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: