Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087323 Posts in 72015 Topics- by 19243 Members - Latest Member: CABurton159
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shooting in Texas  (Read 3686 times)
timothy42b

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: Nov 11, 2017, 05:10AM »

Actually, my solution is very close to yours. The bad guy with a gun should never have been set free to prey on the innocents. You can read that for yourself, if you took the time to read what I posted.

Or, perhaps someone could have reached out with compassion and understanding sometime in his past, and he wouldn't have got to that point.  Would that be an acceptable solution under Christian principles?  Sort of a love your neighbor kind of thing?  Haven't heard anyone come close to mentioning it. 

Tim Richardson
timothy42b

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: Nov 11, 2017, 05:12AM »

"practical secular response" Why are you against responses that are practical?

When did it become unChristian to not be practical?

The question at hand is when Christian principles conflict with practical ones, which should we follow?

An abortion for anyone in marginal circumstances is clearly the most practical solution, yet I doubt you would support it.

Somehow killing fetuses is a sin but killing people is like making a touchdown. 

Tim Richardson
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: Nov 11, 2017, 05:34AM »

Or, perhaps someone could have reached out with compassion and understanding sometime in his past, and he wouldn't have got to that point.  Would that be an acceptable solution under Christian principles?  Sort of a love your neighbor kind of thing?  Haven't heard anyone come close to mentioning it. 

I'm not a Doctor, so I wouldn't have a clue if this person was able to be dealt with, or not. We would have to have a professional answer that question. When he escaped from the mental hospital, why didn't they find him and put him back in? Did he have bad parents? I don't remember reading about that.

I don't think he disappeared off the grid or anything.

This guy cracked the skull of his own child, so, he was one sick individual.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: Nov 11, 2017, 05:39AM »

The question at hand is when Christian principles conflict with practical ones, which should we follow?

Why do Christian values have to conflict with practical ideas?

An abortion for anyone in marginal circumstances is clearly the most practical solution, yet I doubt you would support it.
Practical for whom? Certainly, not the baby.

Somehow killing fetuses is a sin but killing people is like making a touchdown. 

Killing people is also a sin, but in this scenario, it was necessary to take him down, one way of the other. We have the right to defend ourselves and others and still be acceptable as per Christian values.

Energy City Big Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: Nov 11, 2017, 05:46AM »

This guy cracked the skull of his own child, so, he was one sick individual.

It was his step-child, but that doesn't make him not sick.

This abortion crap gets tiring.  It's OK to kill abortion doctors but not to perform abortions.  It's killing either way.

Note: I would NEVER advocate mandatory abortions, but an abortion being done on somebody I don't know at their request is something I don't think we have any say-so about.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: Nov 11, 2017, 05:58AM »

It was his step-child, but that doesn't make him not sick.

This abortion crap gets tiring.  It's OK to kill abortion doctors but not to perform abortions.  It's killing either way.

Note: I would NEVER advocate mandatory abortions, but an abortion being done on somebody I don't know at their request is something I don't think we have any say-so about.

I think the number of abortion doctors killed vs unborn babies killed is no where in the same ball park. I don't think we have a trend of abortion doctors being killed to worry about vs the trend of killing unborn babies.

You never advocate, but you never protect the unborn baby either. 

Energy City Big Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: Nov 11, 2017, 06:38AM »

You never advocate, but you never protect the unborn baby either. 

Unwanted children often grow up to be sociopaths and the type who shoot up churches in South Texas (or Music Concerts in Las Vegas).  Babies become responsible individuals when they are loved and cared for.  If they are not, why not end the life first before we have to arrest them and murder them later?

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: Nov 11, 2017, 06:42AM »

No such thing as an UNBORN BABY.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
John the Theologian

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: Nov 11, 2017, 06:55AM »

Unwanted children often grow up to be sociopaths and the type who shoot up churches in South Texas (or Music Concerts in Las Vegas).  Babies become responsible individuals when they are loved and cared for.  If they are not, why not end the life first before we have to arrest them and murder them later?

Bruce, do you have stats for this?

It sure sounds like pure conjecture to me.  Since when are we going to predetermine who is likely to become a sociopath?  Do you have any proof that the 2 evil mass murderers were unwanted children?  Have you ever heard the testimony of women who were "between a rock and hard place" and then decided to keep their child rather than abort them or listened to the stories of the guilt that so many have because they aborted their unborn child?

Your response is only viable from an ivory tower distance and doesn't take into account the wide range of human experiences.  You make it sound as if abortion is a simple solution to rid society of sociopaths.  You're overlooking a lot of factors and you seem to assume that unless one has a pristine upbringing, he/she has no hope.  Life just isn't that cut and dried.

Here's a congressional testimony by a former abortion doctor that everyone ought to listen to.

https://www.facebook.com/liveaction/videos/10155798526913728/?hc_ref=ARQG82ZWfyt0pRrSJO9Os0QmzfzUI9jqxqjvRvIIJpcUjk7-5qewwU33E0BRimWe3iI&pnref=story
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: Nov 11, 2017, 07:20AM »

No such thing as an UNBORN BABY.

Apparently not in your world. LOL!

Energy City Big Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: Nov 11, 2017, 07:22AM »

So, is that another vote for 'innocent until proven guilty' should not be our policy anymore?

BTW, has it been reported that this guy was abandoned by one or both of his parents?

Energy City Big Band
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: Nov 11, 2017, 08:07AM »

Unwanted children often grow up to be sociopaths and the type who shoot up churches in South Texas (or Music Concerts in Las Vegas). Babies become responsible individuals when they are loved and cared for.  If they are not, why not end the life first before we have to arrest them and murder them later?

You're being facetious ... no?

Frankly it can be hard to tell with you sometimes if you've decided to dig in and double down.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: