Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092620 Posts in 72303 Topics- by 19426 Members - Latest Member: BassBoneGatz
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumHorns, Gear, and EquipmentAccessories(Moderator: Greg Waits) Product Review - Hamilton KB7010 System X Stand
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Product Review - Hamilton KB7010 System X Stand  (Read 626 times)
Zandit75

View Profile
« on: Nov 06, 2017, 06:43PM »

Recently received this from the US, as it was not available through any Australian distributors that I could find online.
I sometimes don't understand how companies can ship goods internationally so cheaply, when it would cost 4 times as much for me to send something from Tasmania to Mainland Australia of equivalent size!
The actual box the stand comes packaged in is approx 15cm x 15cm x 60cm, however it was packaged in a larger box, with heaps of tissue like paper for protection. This outer box was approx 50cm x 20cm x 100cm!!
The stand itself seems to have a good frame, however the adjustable flared bell support seems a little flimsy. I don't leave the trom on there for any length of time, but it is certainly suitable for short term storage.
I like the rubber ball at the top of the stand, which again is adjustable for different sized bores, we'll see how robust it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRrj-c2u8Y
davdud101
The Kid

"Put yourself in the shoes of the listener."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2017, 07:03PM »

Nuts - was hoping this was a review of of of their in-bell stands. Eeek! cool revie

Don't practice until you get it right.
Practice until you can't get it wrong.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2017, 07:23PM »

I have one of these also.  Word of caution:  I slipped and lost my balance, jamming my horn on the stand.  I managed to bend the two legs that swing out.  Don't know how I can straighten things out.  Also, once the pole "settles" into the base, it becomes hard to pull out to swing back down.  A little slide oil made it work a little better, but it still takes a lot of effort.

Holds my tenors great.  Not so sure I like it for a bass.  If I had my "druthers" I'd go for the K&M 14990.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Zandit75

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2017, 07:47PM »

I have one of these also.  Word of caution:  I slipped and lost my balance, jamming my horn on the stand.  I managed to bend the two legs that swing out.  Don't know how I can straighten things out.  Also, once the pole "settles" into the base, it becomes hard to pull out to swing back down.  A little slide oil made it work a little better, but it still takes a lot of effort.

Holds my tenors great.  Not so sure I like it for a bass.  If I had my "druthers" I'd go for the K&M 14990.

I know what you mean about the Pole, but something you may not have noticed is a little tab that slips in and out to allow that pole to lay flat, it's like a locking mechanism.

I've also tried a couple of times to place the Trom on the stand, but it wouldn't go in....apparently you need to remove your practice mute before it will work, which I think is a stupid idea!!
Zandit75

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2017, 07:48PM »

Nuts - was hoping this was a review of of of their in-bell stands. Eeek! cool revie

Sorry about that! I had looked at that model but there were a few comments made in threads that turned me off that one.
mr.deacon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2017, 08:32PM »

Way too many moving parts. I wouldn't trust one to last very long.

Minick Custom Bass Trombone, 1980's, Doug Elliott LB
Conn 8H, 1950's, Doug Elliott XT
Kanstul 975 Euph 2007, 11" GB Bell, Doug Elliott XT
elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2017, 05:53AM »

Very interested in this... I am looking for a small folding stand that can hold a large bore flare pretty close to the ground (like only holding the bell section). How short can you make this stand?  Looking at their website, the same details are on the KB7000, I might need to find a store that stocks both and check them out side by side.

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew Elms
Zandit75

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 07, 2017, 11:58AM »

Hey Andy,I'm guessing from what you're saying that you don't have a slide attached to the bell section? If so, then there is a limit to how low you can make it go which is approximately 48cm
I have mine set at a height where the slide sits about 25mm off the floor,the bell is about 60cm. The tube with the ball fitted to it goes a decent length up into the bell to give it added support.
I hope this helps.
elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2017, 06:10AM »

Hey Andy,I'm guessing from what you're saying that you don't have a slide attached to the bell section? If so, then there is a limit to how low you can make it go which is approximately 48cm
I have mine set at a height where the slide sits about 25mm off the floor,the bell is about 60cm. The tube with the ball fitted to it goes a decent length up into the bell to give it added support.
I hope this helps.

Thanks! Thatís exactly what I was looking for in a number.  Now I just have to find the measurements I did for that silly place where I canít take my current stands because they donít fit. It sounds about right, though.

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew Elms
Zandit75

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2017, 06:56PM »

No worries, glad I could help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: