Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087323 Posts in 72015 Topics- by 19243 Members - Latest Member: CABurton159
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Republican duplicity re: sexual assaults
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Republican duplicity re: sexual assaults  (Read 1929 times)
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Nov 13, 2017, 04:58AM »

Well, there is a lot that you're ignoring too. There were at least 4 others that claimed sexual harassment and rape, and they were tortured by the Clintons and the liberal media. They basically said that they were trailer trash prostitutes because of their allegations.

You want another difference? They didn't wait 40 years. You want another difference? They came out making their allegations.

These current ladies did not come out to make their allegations. They were sought out, and probably paid to make the allegations.
None of which has anything to do with "due process"...  :/

ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Nov 13, 2017, 05:16AM »

None of which has anything to do with "due process"...  :/

No, this was stuff the liberal democrats ignored.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Nov 13, 2017, 05:30AM »

So I guess your arbiter of right and wrong is Fox News, The American Thinker, and Breitbart?

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Stan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Nov 13, 2017, 05:44AM »

He's either trolling or he's lying to himself.  Either way, letting him throw his tantrum without engaging is the answer.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Nov 13, 2017, 05:50AM »

So I guess your arbiter of right and wrong is Fox News, The American Thinker, and Breitbart?

I'm saying that we are in a place right now where there is no due process anymore, and we're using social media and MSM instead of the court systems to determine guilty or innocence, but in the process we've flipped it from 'innocent until proven guilty' to 'guilty until proven innocent'. Sane people realize that you can't prove innocence from allegations coming forward 40 years later.

To use the logic that most of you use, Hillary has never been charged with a crime, so no matter the allegations, she is innocent. Well, Roy Moore has never been charged as a sexual predator, or a pedophile crime either.

Energy City Big Band
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Nov 13, 2017, 05:54AM »

I'm saying that we are in a place right now where there is no due process anymore, and we're using social media and MSM instead of the court systems to determine guilty or innocence, but in the process we've flipped it from 'innocent until proven guilty' to 'guilty until proven innocent'. Sane people realize that you can't prove innocence from allegations coming forward 40 years later.

If only you had the integrity to apply the exceedingly rare point you get right (apparently accidentally/only when it works for Your Team) honestly rather than purely for self-affirmation/to feed your self-interest.

But then that wouldn't be your persona (or very good trolling).

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Nov 13, 2017, 05:59AM »

To use the logic that most of you use, Hillary has never been charged with a crime, so no matter the allegations, she is innocent. Well, Roy Moore has never been charged as a sexual predator, or a pedophile crime either.
To use your own logic, then Hillary is at no fault of anything.

Too bad you continually say quite the opposite.

Moore has not had his day in court (on this issue), true, but more than enough republicans in AL have recently.... and not of their own wishing...

But given the problems the party has already had with high level officials in AL, and the fact that Moore has already had his day in court multiple times in other areas and lost horribly, and the accusations against him with no real defense on his side...

For the best of the people of his state, it isn't good to continue.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Nov 13, 2017, 06:09AM »

It's amazing that so many can be riled up against me because I stand for 'due process'. When did this become a bad thing among you people?

Energy City Big Band
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Nov 13, 2017, 06:26AM »

It's amazing that so many can be riled up against me because I stand for 'due process'. When did this become a bad thing among you people?

Your persona's dishonesty includes its reading skills--because that's convenient, and because honesty would be very difficult in the persona's case. It would require some major changes. I'd explain to your persona why your perception of what's going on is obviously false to anyone who's not on Your Team and/or who can manage an even slightly functional degree of honesty, but your persona has consistently and repeatedly demonstrated it's incapable of honesty when it's not convenient (i.e. when the appearance of honesty doesn't happen out of pure accidental convenience), so there's no point.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Nov 13, 2017, 06:56AM »

When you use it hypocritically to attempt to cover those of the same political party, while throwing it to the wind for those of the other party.

Kinda like the republican rep who was strictly against abortions, except when his mistress had a pregnancy scare.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Nov 13, 2017, 07:22AM »

There has been no violation of due process for Roy Moore. No fine or imprisonment has been imposed.

He's even going to keep his senate nom and will probably sail through to election victory.

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
Stan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Nov 13, 2017, 07:26AM »

The court of public opinion has never been subject to due process.  Ever.  Never ever ever. 

Republicans aren't saying Roy Moore should drop out because he's been convicted of a crime.  They're saying he should drop out because he was accused of one, multiple times, by multiple people, and it looks bad.  If you can't understand that, then you're not going to get why it looks bad to begin with.

ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Nov 13, 2017, 07:49AM »

https://www.fox.com/watch/4e9ac96523b454de771f95a4f775facb/

This is the episode of Orville I was referring to:

Titled 'Majority Rule', S1 - E7.

Energy City Big Band
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Nov 13, 2017, 10:27AM »

When someone only "gets" ethics right (the old Blind Squirrel Schtick) when they happen to line up with his personal sentiments/for his Team, and he utterly fails to get them or even apparently understand what they're actually about when they work against his personal sentiments and for the Other Team/You Guys, it's an indication that the person doesn't really even understand the ethics in question, only the team thing, which is of course a pathetic excuse for a sense of ethics. When this is true of someone's persona, that person is trolling.

Oddly such people/personas control the social climate online most of the time.

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Nov 13, 2017, 10:32AM »

Last night, John Oliver had an instructive bit about how the Trump-ists handle difficult topics. One method is “What about ...?”

So here, His Honour Judge Roy Moore is accused of sexually molesting a 14-year old girl, a serious allegation. DD: But what about due process?
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Nov 13, 2017, 08:42PM »

Locals Were Troubled by Roy Moore’s Interactions with Teen Girls at the Gadsden Mall

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
slide advantage

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: Nov 13, 2017, 10:25PM »

DD, you didn't seem to have any concerns about due process when accusations were made towards Hillary. Revisit your old posts.

In this latest accusation of assault of the then-16 year old, the alleged victim produced her high school yearbook and points to where Roy Moore is said to have signed it, even referencing the name of the restaurant where the girl was a waitress.

It is interesting how he now claims that he never heard of the girl, much less the diner.

We'll see. If he is innocent, he should offer to submit handwriting examples for comparison.

But imo he is not innocent.
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Nov 14, 2017, 04:17AM »

DD, you didn't seem to have any concerns about due process when accusations were made towards Hillary. Revisit your old posts.

In this latest accusation of assault of the then-16 year old, the alleged victim produced her high school yearbook and points to where Roy Moore is said to have signed it, even referencing the name of the restaurant where the girl was a waitress.

It is interesting how he now claims that he never heard of the girl, much less the diner.

We'll see. If he is innocent, he should offer to submit handwriting examples for comparison.

But imo he is not innocent.

I'll just say it's certainly not looking good for him.

Moore is a seriously unfit for public office, regardless--he's a hard core theocrat who doesn't understand basic constitutional principles due to chronic acute religiostupidification--so this problem has no effect on my political impression of him, which couldn't be much worse already. It may very much bear on my personal impression of him though. A politically and ideologically depraved theocrat can still be a good and honorable dude, even with a deep and glaring personal flaw. But if an otherwise good and honorable dude has both the glaring flaw of being a deeply religiostupidified theocrat as well as being a sexual predator of young girls ... well, the latter makes the former trivial by comparison.

elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Nov 14, 2017, 05:15AM »

Of note, there was also a newspaper article about this locally in 2002.

But, I'm sure they were paid to make those accusations back then for a special election in 2017.

It is amazing how stupid some folks can be.

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew Elms
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Nov 14, 2017, 05:32AM »

It is amazing how stupid some folks can be.

Invested and unaware of or just not equipped to deal with their biases. Not usually stupid ... although that may also be a distinction without a difference (much like dishonesty and the denial of bias or the refusal/failure to address it at all sincerely).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: