Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087266 Posts in 72010 Topics- by 19242 Members - Latest Member: simonvd
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: eBay Strategy  (Read 242 times)
wgwbassbone

View Profile
« on: Nov 12, 2017, 06:59AM »

Based on using the 7 day auction time frame is there a better day of the week for an auction to end that will get the maximum amount of views? Someone once told me that Tuesday was the "magic" end day but I'm not sure. Anyone have any thoughts?? Thx!

Holton TR 180 MV 1 and 1/2G
Gabe Langfur

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2017, 07:08AM »

I was told Sunday evening.

And that Tuesday was the magic day to buy airline tickets.

Gabe Langfur
Bass Trombonist
Rhode Island Philharmonic
Vermont Symphony
Rodney Marsalis Philadelphia Big Brass

Trombone Faculty
Boston University
Kinhaven Music School
Wellesley College

S. E. Shires Artist
wgwbassbone

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2017, 07:58AM »

I was told Sunday evening.

And that Tuesday was the magic day to buy airline tickets.

Thanks Gabe!

greenbean

"Brass Kahuna"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2017, 08:04AM »

I think anytime on the weekend is good. 

And did you know that Tuesday is the worst day as far as commute traffic goes?...

--Yamaha 620G bass w/ Shires HW bell
Matt K

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2017, 08:30AM »

People make the decision when they can be at their computers and determining if the current pric eis reasonably close to their bit. So towards the end of the day on either weekend is probably good.  However, a lot of people using sniping applications and don't upt their bit in until the few seconds.  Thats when most bidding activity occurs.

I've had the most success with "Buy it now" and "Make offer" options both buying and selling. It takes the waiting out of the equation which is nice because you don't have to not put in a bid for something else because you might win it. FOr example, if you're looking for a computer part, you aren't going to bid on 6 different items because you might win all of them and then have 5 extra parts lying around... if you have the 'make offer' option, you can directly negotiate which saves both time and hassle in my experience.

What's in a name? that which we call a tenor-bass posaune
By any other name would smell as sweet;
wgwbassbone

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2017, 09:26AM »

People make the decision when they can be at their computers and determining if the current pric eis reasonably close to their bit. So towards the end of the day on either weekend is probably good.  However, a lot of people using sniping applications and don't upt their bit in until the few seconds.  Thats when most bidding activity occurs.

I've had the most success with "Buy it now" and "Make offer" options both buying and selling. It takes the waiting out of the equation which is nice because you don't have to not put in a bid for something else because you might win it. FOr example, if you're looking for a computer part, you aren't going to bid on 6 different items because you might win all of them and then have 5 extra parts lying around... if you have the 'make offer' option, you can directly negotiate which saves both time and hassle in my experience.

Good!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: