Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092751 Posts in 72323 Topics- by 19429 Members - Latest Member: 17williarw
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakFood and Drink(Moderators: RedHotMama, BFW) Noodles, spaetlza, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Noodles, spaetlza, etc.  (Read 121 times)
davdud101
The Kid

"Put yourself in the shoes of the listener."

View Profile WWW
« on: Dec 10, 2017, 05:06PM »

I'm on a noodle-making kick and have been able to produce some pretty decent results using standard egg noodle recipes.
But something I'm struggling a bit with is getting them to stay flat enough that they don't get undercooked inside or overcooked outside.
I'm not using a pasta maker or anything - first time, I just cut strips right from the dough, but they ended up SUPER-thick and hearty.
This most recent time, I did what this guy was doing in this YouTube video, but my dough wasn't quite wet enough to be effective (they came out much better though): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y6Ga9hMm4Y

You guys who've done it... Have you been able to manage it? Any tips to a pasta-beginner like me?

Don't practice until you get it right.
Practice until you can't get it wrong.
djdekok

"Monsters Eat Whiny Children"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2017, 05:36AM »

You're on the right track--and I'll beat a path to the door of your house when it's homemade soup night!  Good!
When I have time, I make noodles. When I don't, I make spaetzle or dumplings. Lots of good recipes out there. My advice is to find an old German or Polish grandmother and learn from her.

Daniel De Kok
Associate Principal, Southeastern Pennsylvania Symphony Orchestra
B.M. Michigan
M.M. Western Michigan
M.S.L.S. Clarion
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: