Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092465 Posts in 72163 Topics- by 19436 Members - Latest Member: Pablo3A
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Roy Moore is a m-o-r-o-n  (Read 3165 times)
Don Draper
Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago

View Profile
« on: Dec 10, 2017, 08:14PM »

On CNN:

Alabama Republican Senate nominee Roy Moore appeared on a conspiracy-driven radio show twice in 2011, where he told the hosts in an interview that getting rid of constitutional amendments after the Tenth Amendment would 'eliminate many problems' in the way the US government is structured.

Here is the link:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politics/kfile-roy-moore-aroostook-watchmen/index.html

What a m-o-r-o-n.

DD
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2017, 08:20PM »

Problem is he's running against a Democrat, and many Alabamians would rather vote for Satan himself than a Democrat.  Even if the Republican is a child molester and was censured as a judge twice.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2017, 08:42PM »

Problem is he's running against a Democrat, and many Alabamians would rather vote for Satan himself than a Democrat.  Even if the Republican is a child molester and was censured as a judge twice.

They're demonstrating their "values" really just boil down to choosing up teams and flinging poo. They have no actual values in the sense adults use the term, only in Alternative Facts™ terms--very little intellectual or moral courage if any at all. I'm not sure most of the Deplorables (authoritarians--those who still support the cartoon president not for strategic political reasons, but because they truly adore the knucklehead) really even understand such concepts beyond the level of perhaps an adolescent, and I think that's probably being kind in many or even most cases.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2017, 09:28AM »

Meanwhile, election integrity at work...

Alabama Demands Voter ID–Then Closes Driver’s License Offices In Black Counties

“Every single county in which blacks make up more than 75 percent of registered voters will see their driver license office closed. Every one,”

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
Stan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2017, 09:29AM »

I've followed this with absolutely no surprise.  He was a terrible candidate, with a terrible record of public service, before any allegations were made.  He's still a terrible candidate, with a terrible record of public service.  And he'll be the next Senator from Alabama.
Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2017, 10:08AM »

Jim Crow is alive and well - in fact flourishing mightily - in Alabama.  Where else is it this bad?   Don't know
elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2017, 10:18AM »

Jim Crow is alive and well - in fact flourishing mightily - in Alabama.  Where else is it this bad?   Don't know
Wisconsin.

/Hey, that's not the south.

Really.  It is everywhere these days.  Michigan and Pennsylvania are some of the most gerrymandered states.  The republican wins in 2010 did quite a bit to damage the voting access in this country.

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew Elms
MikeBMiller
Best trombone player on my street.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2017, 10:34AM »

Just an FYI, but racial discrimination is not just a Southern thing. Remember when they integrated schools in Boston? That didn't exactly go very smoothly did it?
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2017, 11:09AM »

Just an FYI, but racial discrimination is not just a Southern thing. Remember when they integrated schools in Boston? That didn't exactly go very smoothly did it?

It was and remains a major problem in this country.  Not everybody discriminates, but a vocal bunch do.

Our current Fearless Leader is a result of backlash about our first Black President.

Bruce Guttman
Greg Waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2017, 11:22AM »

It was and remains a major problem in this country.  Not everybody discriminates, but a vocal bunch do.

Our current Fearless Leader is a result of backlash about our first Black President.

And the ironic thing is, no matter what he does he will never measure up to Obama as a man of integrity and class. And the same goes for the first ladies.
growlerbox
Just a clown with an axe

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2017, 11:36AM »

And the ironic thing is, no matter what he does he will never measure up to Obama as a man of integrity and class. And the same goes for the first ladies.

Melania may be no Michelle Obama, but to her credit, she probably has a lower opinion of the President even than her predecessor.

If it's not worth doing, it's not worth doing well.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2017, 12:05PM »

The one black GOP Senator is promising there will be an ethics investigation of Moore after he gets elected but it takes a 2/3rds vote to expel a Senator so that won't happen.

Robert Holmén

BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2017, 12:08PM »

Remember, if they expel a Senator the Governor of his state can name a replacement to fill the term.  We may see Luther Strange back. ;-)

Bruce Guttman
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2017, 01:35PM »

A Senator hasn't been expelled since 1862, during the civil war.

Robert Holmén

Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Dec 11, 2017, 01:43PM »

Remember, if they expel a Senator the Governor of his state can name a replacement to fill the term.  We may see Luther Strange back. ;-)

My predictions:
• Moore will be elected to the Senate by the Alabamians that show up to vote tomorrow. 
• Moore will be initially seated by the Republican-controlled U.S. Senate. 
  (They need his vote to pass their greedy tax "reform" and other bills.) 
• Sooner or later, enough convincing evidence about Moore's behavior will finally persuade the Senate to unseat Moore.
• Alabama's Republican governor will then appoint Luther Strange fill the opening. 
• Republicans will be happy (whether they support Trump or not).
• Democrats will whine and writhe. 
   But they can and will do nothing to stop the Trumpling of American values until the November 2018 elections. 
   By then, so much damage will be done that it will not be repairable in my lifetime.   :cry:
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Dec 11, 2017, 03:57PM »

My predictions:
• Moore will be elected to the Senate by the Alabamians that show up to vote tomorrow. 
• Sooner or later, enough convincing evidence about Moore's behavior will finally persuade the Senate to unseat Moore.
If moore is elected, the the GOP fully loses all credbility and concern of little things like morals and ethics. nothing to unseat him for.
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Dec 11, 2017, 04:32PM »

Is Moore the best candidate the GOP could come up with?
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2017, 04:44PM »

Is Moore the best candidate the GOP could come up with?

Nope, just the best one they could get Alabama Republicans to vote for.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Dec 11, 2017, 04:55PM »

What should they do that you would not denigrate them for? Remain silent?

Robert Holmén

Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Dec 12, 2017, 04:40AM »

That's part of it. but the biggest factor was Bill Clinton's selling if the Democrat Party to wall St and abandoning it's traditional base of unions and blue collar workers. It was their realization the party no longer represented them that made Drumpf possible and put him in the White House. That, along with the Russian propaganda attack and the fact Hillary was a terrible candidate.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 12, 2017, 04:46AM »

I'm not writing Doug Jones epitaph just yet. I realize it IS Alabama, but we saw a massive uprising of "Indivisible" and "Resistance" voters create tidal wave victories in Va. and other states in the recent election. We'll find out today if those movements are real. I expect a close race one way or the other, but I will not be in the least shocked if Jones wins by 10 points or more. He would in pretty much any other state, and if these movements ARE real, he may even in Alabama.

BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2017, 06:04AM »

But they can and will do nothing to stop the Trumpling of American values until the November 2018 elections. 
   By then, so much damage will be done that it will not be repairable in my lifetime.   :cry:
Well the Democratic voters could come out in force and vote against Mr. M oron.  Surely the Trump election has thought them how to avoid an a sshole.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:11AM »

Doesn't really work that way.  The Democratic base is hard to get enthused about a candidate (and therefore vote), but is easily disheartened (and therefore stay home instead of vote).  Also, a large part of the Democratic base are minorities.  The Republicans in power in Alabama have been making it harder to register and to vote for those people. 

The Republican base is in areas where registering is easier and will come out to vote (if only to keep the Democrats from winning.)

If Jones wins, it will be an amazing upset.

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
Greg Waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:27AM »

If Moore wins, it will be a disaster for the Republicans. He will be an albatross around their necks and a never ending distraction.

That said I certainly hope he doesn't win.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:33AM »

I find it amazing how many single issue voters there seem to be in Alabama.  Just because Jones is Pro Choice (not necessarily pro Abortion) they won't vote for him.  He clearly didn't explain the pro Choice position very well and the nut-jobs managed to hang the "baby killer" label on him.

Bruce Guttman
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:45AM »

I find it amazing how many single issue voters there seem to be in Alabama.  Just because Jones is Pro Choice (not necessarily pro Abortion) they won't vote for him.  He clearly didn't explain the pro Choice position very well and the nut-jobs managed to hang the "baby killer" label on him.

I thought Don identified his fan base very well this morning in his tweet criticizing Mr. Jones (as well as Gillibrand, the Clintons, the lying women nobodies who accused him of sexual harassment, Nancy and Chuck, the Russian investigation, and fake news): the pro-life crowd, pro law and order (not "soft on crime" like Mr. Jones, the prosecutor of the KKK bombers), anti-illegal immigration, and anti gun control.
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:47AM »

The labels/epithets fanatics and dogmatists stick on you have nothing at all to do with how well you've explained the concepts they're actively "misunderstanding".

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
bhcordova

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: Dec 12, 2017, 05:22PM »

Too bad the 'family values party' cares not a whit for said values.  It's all a film-flam to get votes.

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Dec 12, 2017, 07:29PM »

As of this moment it appears that a lot of Alabama agrees with the sentiment of the title of this thread.  Luther Strange would have won in a walk-over.  Moore appears to be losing by under 1%.

Recounts, anyone?

Bruce Guttman
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:23PM »

Hooray! Almost half of Alabama voters chose the sane, responsible candidate. That's like almost most of them.

There's going to be a lot of bitching about the write-in vote which are more than the margin of victory.

Geez...

The chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee urged Alabama’s newly elected Democratic senator, Doug Jones, to “do the right thing” and vote with Republicans.

and go to the mall to pick up 14-year-old girls.

Roy Moore Retires From Politics To Spend More Quality Time With Someone's Kid

Robert Holmén

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Dec 12, 2017, 10:46PM »

Black voters turned out huge.  I'm impressed.

African American Voters Made Doug Jones a U.S. Senator in Alabama

Election day defied the narrative, and challenged traditional thinking about racial turnout in off-year elections and special elections. Precincts in the state’s “black belt,” the swathe of dark, fertile soil where the African American population is concentrated, reported long lines throughout the day, and as the night waned and red counties dominated by rural white voters continued to report disappointing results for Moore, votes surged in from urban areas and the black belt. By all accounts, black turnout exceeded expectations, perhaps even passing previous off-year results. Energy was not a problem.

Exit polls showed that black voters overall made a big splash. The Washington Post’s exit polls indicated that black voters would make up 28 percent of the voters, greater than their 26 percent share of the population, which would be a dramatic turnaround from previous statewide special elections in the South, including a special election for the Sixth District in Georgia which saw black support for Democratic candidate Jon Ossoff dissipate on Election Day.

However, it took a gi-normous GOTV effort by the Dems. They won't be able to do that everywhere.

Robert Holmén

Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2017, 02:43AM »

All the more remarkable since AL has rigged voting so that it seriously suppresses the black vote.

The truly disgusting thing is that it takes a candidate as bad as Moore before a great many Republican Alternative Values Voters will actually refrain from supporting even rather extreme and overt moral and intellectual bankruptcy.

BillO

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Dec 13, 2017, 07:48AM »

Could this signal the end of the Republican bulldozer - for a while at least?

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Dec 13, 2017, 08:42AM »

I finally heard what the problem was with current Senator Luther Strange, defeated by Moore the GOP primary, appointed by the AL gov to replace Jeff Sessions.

It's not that he wasn't conservative enough.

It turns out that the governor of AL had a sex-for-public-money scandal coming down on him, pursued by none other than then AL Attorney General... Luther Strange. The timing of events regarding the scandal and Strange's appointment to the Senate lead many people suspect that the appointment was made in return for holding back the investigation.

Robert Holmén

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Dec 13, 2017, 10:37AM »

"Strange's appointment to the Senate lead many people suspect that the appointment was made in return for holding back the investigation."

The responses write themselves.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Dec 21, 2017, 12:16PM »

Sore loser Roy Moore

The second link Moore posted was from the conservative extremist site WorldNetDaily, which claimed that “Muslims and Marxists delivered for Doug Jones.” The article bemoans that these groups “rallied thousands of  black, Latino, and Muslim voters behind Doug Jones,” but it doesn’t actually implicate anyone in any wrongdoing. Moore’s supporters left comments encouraging him to keep fighting. Moore had previously said he does not believe Muslims should hold public office.

I understand the low turnout among 14-year-old child brides also hurt his chances.

Robert Holmén

Greg Waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: Dec 21, 2017, 12:23PM »

Sore loser Roy Moore

I understand the low turnout among 14-year-old child brides also hurt his chances.
:D
Greg Waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: Dec 21, 2017, 12:25PM »

Sore loser Roy Moore

What I find particularly suspicious is the fact that some of his supporters come out saying that it is acceptable for an older man to date a younger woman, then they cite the bible.

Yet, Moore denies knowing any of the women who accuse him.

Hmmm
Dan Hine

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Dec 21, 2017, 12:28PM »

What I find particularly suspicious is the fact that some of his supporters come out saying that it is acceptable for an older man to date a younger woman, then they cite the bible.

Yet, Moore denies knowing any of the women who accuse him.

Hmmm

I don't particularly find that suspicious. 

He says he doesn't know any of them.  The supporters are simply saying it doesn't matter because even if he did date them, they don't care.

Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Dec 21, 2017, 04:38PM »

I don't particularly find that suspicious. 

He says he doesn't know any of them.  The supporters are simply saying it doesn't matter because even if he did date them, they don't care.

'Zackly. Roy Moore's purpose is to avoid looking like a pathetic perv who couldn't date women his own age (he admitted that when he was 32, he asked his dates' parents for permission! Did you, or any other normal person, have to do that?!) He's trying to approach some sort of decency, as judged by contemporary moral standards.

His followers are from Alabama. Their reaction to his unseemly interest in high school girls as a 32-year-old professional would be, "If he bagged a couple of them, good on him!" They're all trying to do the same thing.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Dec 21, 2017, 07:17PM »

'Zackly. Roy Moore's purpose is to avoid looking like a pathetic perv who couldn't date women his own age (he admitted that when he was 32, he asked his dates' parents for permission! Did you, or any other normal person, have to do that?!) He's trying to approach some sort of decency, as judged by contemporary moral standards.

His followers are from Alabama. Their reaction to his unseemly interest in high school girls as a 32-year-old professional would be, "If he bagged a couple of them, good on him!" They're all trying to do the same thing.

If I understand correctly, he's been married to his current wife for over 30 years, so I would assume that he's been behaving.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Dec 21, 2017, 08:00PM »

He had to get married.  The mall closed.

Meanwhile, from the "What a Surprise" desk...

Breitbart editor now says he believed Leigh Corfman, thought Roy Moore was 'terrible'

In the final weeks of the U.S. Senate race in Alabama, Breitbart News strained to discredit Leigh Corfman, who accused Republican Roy Moore of sexually touching her when she was 14 and he was 32. The far-right website published non-scoops — Corfman didn't have a phone in her bedroom! Corfman moved in with her father 12 days after meeting Moore! — as if they somehow made her account less believable.

Now, Breitbart editor in chief Alex Marlow tells CNN that he actually did believe Corfman....

Now you know we know you know that Breitbart is just intentional lies for political gain.

Robert Holmén

BillO

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Dec 21, 2017, 08:40PM »

[/quote]
If I understand correctly, he's been married to his current wife for over 30 years, so I would assume that he's been behaving.

So - your just plain  naive?  And here we thought you were ... ah ...  lacking -  as it were.

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Dec 21, 2017, 08:54PM »

How long was Jerry Sandusky married?
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Dec 21, 2017, 09:51PM »

So - your just plain  naive?  And here we thought you were ... ah ...  lacking -  as it were.

It's just that for an authoritarian, his leaders are virtuous and noble and all that, regardless of how they behave ... or it doesn't matter. Or of course Obama's/Hillary's done worse.

It's a failure to understand honesty and the fact that reality should have a lot to do with what you believe.

Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Dec 22, 2017, 12:46AM »

Why would you assume that? This is a fascinating window into your thought processes.

ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Dec 22, 2017, 04:59AM »

Why would you assume that? This is a fascinating window into your thought processes.

It's a matter of record unless I missed any allegations that were brought out in the last 30 years.

Energy City Big Band
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Dec 22, 2017, 06:12AM »

It's a matter of record unless I missed any allegations that were brought out in the last 30 years.

Wouldn't matter if you had. You clearly dismiss any other allegations brought out in the last 30 years against him. Why would any others matter?

Just assume he's a fine, upstanding, intelligent citizen regardless of any and all information otherwise. He's a republican after all. THAT'S what counts.
BillO

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Dec 22, 2017, 06:20AM »

Or of course Obama's/Hillary's done worse.
Of course.

ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Dec 22, 2017, 06:45AM »

How long was Jerry Sandusky married?

Was Sandusky charged with a crime?

Energy City Big Band
Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Dec 22, 2017, 06:45AM »

Dusty, PLEASE don't tell us that you are defending Mr Moore, his history, his behavior, or his Muslim- / Marxist-blaming excuses for losing the election!  

As a former registered Republican, I must state that there really are some Republicans who should not be in public office or in any position of authority or responsibility.  Mr Moore is such a person.  
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Dec 22, 2017, 06:58AM »

Dusty, PLEASE don't tell us that you are defending Mr Moore, his history, his behavior, or his Muslim- / Marxist-blaming excuses for losing the election!  

As a former registered Republican, I must state that there really are some Republicans who should not be in public office or in any position of authority or responsibility.  Mr Moore is such a person.  

If Moore has been charged with a crime, let's hear about it.

I support the position that a man is innocent until proven guilty, IOW, everyone, shouldn't be considered guilty without due process.

Campaign allegations is nothing more than dirty politics. I think that candidates should win or lose elections regarding the policy records that they stand on. Not dirty politics.

Herman Cain was slandered with false campaign allegations, and to this date, there has never been a followup of charges filed against him. I don't believe in destroying anyone's reputation without due process. That doesn't mean I support Moore anymore than anyone else that is the recipient of dirty politics and or campaign allegations.

Please tell me that you don't stand for the elimination of due process.

Energy City Big Band
Dan Hine

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Dec 22, 2017, 07:34AM »

While I understand that most of the allegations against Roy Moore are of sexual assault (and age of consent?), keep in mind that sexual harassment is not a criminal offense.  So, if he or anyone else is guilty of that and even admits to it, there is no "due process" to speak of.  So, according to your logic of charges and convictions being necessary, an admitted sexual harasser should not have that held against them.  I'm not saying you ARE saying this, just that this is the path your argument goes down.

I understand where you are coming from re: dirty politics.  Though, I would say that's a bit redundant.  But remember, too, the job politicians are being hired to do.  Character is important and how I FEEL about someone is perfectly valid - criminal charges are not necessary.

BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Dec 22, 2017, 07:35AM »

How about sexually abusing students at Penn State?  His actions brought down Joe Paterno.

Bruce Guttman
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Dec 22, 2017, 07:38AM »

If Moore has been charged with a crime, let's hear about it.

I support the position that a man is innocent until proven guilty, IOW, everyone, shouldn't be considered guilty without due process.

Gee, that's not how you treated Hillary Clinton.  You had her hanged, drawn, and quartered just because there was an investigation (which failed to prove anything substantial).

Bruce Guttman
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Dec 22, 2017, 07:45AM »

Gee, that's not how you treated Hillary Clinton.  You had her hanged, drawn, and quartered just because there was an investigation (which failed to prove anything substantial).

Well, we're finding out why Hillary was never charged with a crime. But, that may be changing real soon.

Energy City Big Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Dec 22, 2017, 07:48AM »

While I understand that most of the allegations against Roy Moore are of sexual assault (and age of consent?), keep in mind that sexual harassment is not a criminal offense.  So, if he or anyone else is guilty of that and even admits to it, there is no "due process" to speak of.  So, according to your logic of charges and convictions being necessary, an admitted sexual harasser should not have that held against them.  I'm not saying you ARE saying this, just that this is the path your argument goes down.

I understand where you are coming from re: dirty politics.  Though, I would say that's a bit redundant.  But remember, too, the job politicians are being hired to do.  Character is important and how I FEEL about someone is perfectly valid - criminal charges are not necessary.

Well, campaign allegations that are crimes has been alleged against Moore, as was Herman Cain.

How should sexual harassment be processed?  I'm just interested in getting to the truth. You can't deny these charges are suspicious when they only are made during campaigns, do you not?

Energy City Big Band
Dan Hine

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:00AM »

You can't deny these charges are suspicious when they only are made during campaigns, do you not?

I think someone might hold back on talking about a situation that has affected them deeply in terms of emotional health.  And I do believe they might finally feel compelled to talk out about it once the person who did it is running for a senate seat representing them, their state, and their country.

No.  I don't think it's necessarily suspicious. 

BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:07AM »

Well, we're finding out why Hillary was never charged with a crime. But, that may be changing real soon.

So Clinton is still guilty until proven innocent.  Moore is innocent in spite of allegations.  OK.  I think there's a token missing in your token ring.

Bruce Guttman
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:24AM »

So Clinton is still guilty until proven innocent.  Moore is innocent in spite of allegations.  OK.  I think there's a token missing in your token ring.

In My Opinion, Hillary and Bill are guilty of crimes. Your opinion may vary.

The crimes that we think Hillary are accused of is not a "he said/she said", and are not classified as campaign allegations.

Allegations against Moore, on the other hand, is nothing more than 'He said she said", and only have been brought up as campaign allegations.

It's not my fault that people don't see the differences.

Energy City Big Band
elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:31AM »

In My Opinion, Hillary and Bill are guilty of crimes. Your opinion may vary.

The crimes that we think Hillary are accused of is not a "he said/she said", and are not classified as campaign allegations.

Allegations against Moore, on the other hand, is nothing more than 'He said she said", and only have been brought up as campaign allegations.

No, it is your fault.

It isn't "He said, she said".

It is "He said, she said, she also said, this other she said, still another she said, lots more shes said, and even the darned shopping mall said."

Such a strange hill to try to defend.

The folks didn't come forward because they wanted to, they came forward because of good journalism, reporters finding the stories and doing solid reporting.  Can you consider the fact that maybe there were more that weren't willing to go on record?

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew Elms
Dan Hine

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:33AM »

In My Opinion, Hillary and Bill are guilty of crimes.

It is your fault that you believe you're allowed to have an opinion on guilt re: the Clinton's but others are not allowed to have an opinion on guilt re: Roy Moore.  That is a choice you are making.

ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:38AM »

I think someone might hold back on talking about a situation that has affected them deeply in terms of emotional health.  And I do believe they might finally feel compelled to talk out about it once the person who did it is running for a senate seat representing them, their state, and their country.

No.  I don't think it's necessarily suspicious. 

Has there been a case where the victim can prove they have been suffering for 30 years of emotional health, and can be directly associated with their harasser? Wouldn't they have sought help through counseling, and wouldn't there be a record of this counseling?

As far as suspicious is concerned, it does signal a red flag to me, after 30 years, and only during a campaign. Sorry.

Not to mention the various other campaigns Moore has been in. He was elected Governor, and this didn't seem to affect the victim. Why be compelled only for a Senate seat and not the Governorship? The Governor has more local power, whereas, a Senate seat is not as threatening. Except, this seat had Moore won, would be held by a Freedom Caucus Republican, instead of a liberal republican/democrat. That was the threat, and allegations that were brought up during the campaign seem a bit more dirty, rather than fact, based on his policies.

In fact, you could make the allegation, that had the liberal republicans attacked him on his policies, it would shed light on their liberal proclivities, and expose their scam to the conservative voters of Alabama.

YMMV.

Energy City Big Band
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:39AM »

An authoritarian follower, much more so a Deplorable (which is just a particular species of authoritarian follower--a particularly nasty one), can only understand ethics and morality as an Us vs. Them thing. If you expect or even have much hope at all of getting more from one, you're just in for disappointment ... and you're a good target for trolling ... and by attempting to engage or even refute you help them set their favored social climate because it helps establish their views as the issue.

And so here we are.

ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:40AM »

It is your fault that you believe you're allowed to have an opinion on guilt re: the Clinton's but others are not allowed to have an opinion on guilt re: Roy Moore.  That is a choice you are making.

Well, the same can be said for everybody.

Energy City Big Band
Dan Hine

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:44AM »

Well, the same can be said for everybody.

So what if it can be?  You don't control anyone else's choice or opinion.  You do control yours.  If you don't like that someone does a certain thing don't YOU do it too.  That's just dumb.

BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:46AM »

Roy Moore was an awful candidate.  As a supreme court judge he was suspended from the bench TWICE.  He has stated that he is above the law and what he thinks is more important than what the law says.  Guess that appeals to somebody like Dusty who thinks he is the prime adjudicator of moral turpitude.

Bruce Guttman
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:52AM »

Roy Moore was an awful candidate.  As a supreme court judge he was suspended from the bench TWICE.  He has stated that he is above the law and what he thinks is more important than what the law says.  Guess that appeals to somebody like Dusty who thinks he is the prime adjudicator of moral turpitude.

He was suspended once for standing up for states rights, those rights that the states have. He stood up for  the freedom that the 10 Commandments can be displayed on the Court house of Alabama. Note of irony: The 10 Commandments are displayed on the Supreme Court building, as they dictate to Alabama they can't. You can't make this stuff up.

Energy City Big Band
Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:52AM »

Please tell me that you don't stand for the elimination of due process.

Dusty,
Why do you allege this?  I am 100% in favor of "due process."  (Isn't that what Mr Mueller is doing - slowly, carefully, and thoroughly?  I will not judge anyone until that "process" is complete, whenever that occurs.)

Do you think that Mr Moore was somehow denied "due process" in his Senate election?  Was that process denied by the Muslims that he blamed for his loss?  Or was it the Marxists that he blamed for his loss?  Was the Alabama election unfairly rigged?  It couldn't have had anything to do with the mainstream media, because all Alabamians know that's just "fake news" and should be ignored!  Is Mr Moore, as he has apparently claimed, "above the law?"
Dan Hine

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Dec 22, 2017, 09:02AM »

Note of irony: The 10 Commandments are displayed on the Supreme Court building, as they dictate to Alabama they can't. You can't make this stuff up.

Actually, you can.  Either outright or, at least, the context.

https://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/capital.asp

Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Dec 22, 2017, 09:03AM »

Dusty,
Why do you allege this?  I am 100% in favor of "due process."  (Isn't that what Mr Mueller is doing - slowly, carefully, and thoroughly?  I will not judge anyone until that "process" is complete, whenever that occurs.)

Do you think that Mr Moore was somehow denied "due process" in his Senate election?  Was that process denied by the Muslims that he blamed for his loss?  Or was it the Marxists that he blamed for his loss?  Was the Alabama election unfairly rigged?  It couldn't have had anything to do with the mainstream media, because all Alabamians know that's just "fake news" and should be ignored!  Is Mr Moore, as he has apparently claimed, "above the law?"

We didn't win = Evil won.

The details are superfluous (insert any/all forms We recognize as evil according to taste and mood and whatever it is you think will serve your need for affirmation best at the moment).

ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Dec 22, 2017, 09:05AM »

Dusty,

The whole campaign against Moore was strictly about the campaign allegations. Not much said about his policies, except that everyone understood that he was a Freedom Caucus potential member if he was elected.

It is ironical that those that lectured us against Moore also lectured us about how for Bill Clinton, character didn't matter, because he could compartmentalize, and still be a good president. He was accused of rape, sexual harassment, sexual abuse, of being a sexual predator. That didn't matter.

And now that the election is over, democrats are telling Franken that he doesn't need to resign that he can stay. ??

Energy City Big Band
Posaunus

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: Dec 22, 2017, 09:06AM »

Not just charged but convicted. 

From Wikipedia:

Gerald Arthur "Jerry" Sandusky ["happily" married for 51 years!] is an American convicted serial rapist, child molester and retired college football coach.

In 2011, following a two-year grand jury investigation, Sandusky was arrested and charged with 52 counts of sexual abuse of young boys over a 15-year period from 1994 to 2009.  Several of [his molestation victims] testified against Sandusky in his sexual abuse trial. Four of the charges were subsequently dropped. On June 22, 2012, Sandusky was found guilty on 45 of the 48 remaining charges.  Sandusky was sentenced on October 9, 2012, to 30 to 60 years in prison—at his age, effectively a life sentence.

For the rest of the disturbing story, see: 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Sandusky
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Dec 22, 2017, 10:28AM »

You guys are implying that DDickerson is being inconsistent.

He's not. He consistently defends the presumption of innocence when the accused is a Republican. He consistently ignores it when the accused is a Democrat.

Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Dec 22, 2017, 10:29AM »

And now that the election is over, democrats are telling Franken that he doesn't need to resign that he can stay. ??

Why wouldn't they? Has he been convicted of a crime?

Dan Hine

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Dec 22, 2017, 11:46AM »

A good number of Democrats are also saying he should go.  They think he should resign and have felt that way since the first allegations.

Not everyone in every party thinks the same way about every issue. 

robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Dec 22, 2017, 12:22PM »

I think Franken could what the Republicans do.

GOP US Senator Larry Craig got arrested in an airport men's room, pleaded guilty, then said he'd resign, but never did.

If I were Franken I'd announce my intention to resign... when Donald Trump, who has admitted to far worse, resigns.

Robert Holmén

BillO

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Dec 22, 2017, 01:33PM »

I think there's a token missing in your token ring.
It veered left and got terminated.

Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Dec 22, 2017, 03:59PM »

A good number of Democrats are also saying he should go.  They think he should resign and have felt that way since the first allegations.

Not everyone in every party thinks the same way about every issue. 

Regardless of the merits of Franken staying or leaving, DDickerson's standard in these cases was supposed to be whether the accused was charged and convicted. That standard seemed to be forgotten in the space of a single post.

When you're not an honest or moral person, it's easy to forget your own moral code.

Stan

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Dec 23, 2017, 07:46AM »

The whole campaign against Moore was strictly about the campaign allegations. Not much said about his policies, except that everyone understood that he was a Freedom Caucus potential member if he was elected.

It is ironical that those that lectured us against Moore also lectured us about how for Bill Clinton, character didn't matter, because he could compartmentalize, and still be a good president. He was accused of rape, sexual harassment, sexual abuse, of being a sexual predator. That didn't matter.

Bologna.

He was a terrible public servant before all of that. And Alabamans vote for him anyway. He was an anarchist who was removed from public office for violating the law. In true GOP form, they forgave all that as long as he didn’t commit the sin of voting with the Democrats. Who are not violent, Bible abusing, anarchists.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Dec 23, 2017, 07:48AM »

Bologna.

He was a terrible public servant before all of that. And Alabamans vote for him anyway. He was an anarchist who was removed from public office for violating the law. In true GOP form, they forgave all that as long as he didn’t commit the sin of voting with the Democrats. Who are not violent, Bible abusing, anarchists.

I think that Alabamians should be able to choose who they want to represent them. Don't you?

Energy City Big Band
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: Dec 23, 2017, 08:07AM »

After someone has been elected as the people's choice he still has an obligation to follow the law.  Roy Moore didn't do that in his two stints as AL SC justice.

And if we are going to say "the people" should be able to elect whoever they want it should really be an election by "the people" and not artificially limited to just the voters who will rubber stamp the Breitbart candidate.

It looks as if Alabama may have violated federal law with its 'inactive voter' scheme

-The NAACP says it noticed problems with Alabama's "inactive voter" plan that could mean it violated federal law.
    -Some voters were listed as inactive even though they voted in 2016.
    -Election monitors found that police were stopping voters for up to an hour at polling places and checking for outstanding warrants — a well-documented voter-suppression tactic.

Robert Holmén

BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: Dec 23, 2017, 08:12AM »

I think that Alabamians should be able to choose who they want to represent them. Don't you?

And they did.  A more mainstream Republican would have won in a walk, but the GOP put up an absolutely awful candidate.

Bruce Guttman
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: Dec 23, 2017, 09:03AM »

The toxic nature of what the GOP is now all about with the Deplorables at the helm obviously doesn't bother Deplorables. It has to be corrected by sociopolitically functional adults. Trying to "work with" the Deplorables on that would require getting the Deplorables not to be deplorable. The only "working with" will be with the adults in the GOP. That's most of the GOP, at least when they're not coddling or cowing to Deplorables.

It's no different in here. But too many never feel too compelled toward any serious self-reflection, while they do feel compelled to try and fix deplorability regardless of the results.

And so here we are ...

--

Didn't self-reflection used to be a Thing ... or is that just me?

Stan

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: Dec 23, 2017, 09:16AM »

The toxic nature of what the GOP is now all about with the Deplorables at the helm obviously doesn't bother Deplorables. It has to be corrected by sociopolitically functional adults. Trying to "work with" the Deplorables on that would require getting the Deplorables not to be deplorable. The only "working with" will be with the adults in the GOP. That's most of the GOP, at least when they're not coddling or cowing to Deplorables.

It's no different in here. But too many never feel too compelled toward any serious self-reflection, while they do feel compelled to try and fix deplorability regardless of the results.

And so here we are ...

--

Didn't self-reflection used to be a Thing ... or is that just me?

Exactly.  Engage with a m***n on any matter of substance, and they’ll quickly drag you to their level and then beat you senseless with their lack of self-awareness.  Bingo.
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: Dec 23, 2017, 10:49AM »

Yes and they did. They picked Doug Jones.

Alabamans have a right to vote for whomever they want, and Stan has a right to criticize the candidate they support. You create a new straw man in nearly every post.

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: Dec 28, 2017, 08:50AM »

From a news source:

Alabama Republican Roy Moore filed a court challenge late Wednesday to the results of the U.S. Senate election, hours before officials in the state were due to certify his opponent's victory.

Moore, a former chief justice of the Alabama Supreme Court whose campaign was dogged by sexual harassment accusations that he denies, has not conceded defeat despite the urging of U.S. President Donald Trump.

In Wednesday's filing in the Montgomery Circuit Court, Moore alleged that potential voter fraud had denied him the chance of victory, and sought to halt a state canvassing board meeting that is scheduled to ratify Jones' win on Thursday. Jones is to be sworn in next week.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: Dec 28, 2017, 08:54AM »

I think we are seeing what would have happened had Trump lost the election.

Fact remains, Moore is a terrible choice to be Senator from Alabama.  Almost any other Republican would have won this race in a walk.

Bruce Guttman
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: Dec 28, 2017, 09:03AM »

I'm sure Judge Roy's horse would have been a better candidate.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: Dec 28, 2017, 10:47AM »

I think we are seeing what would have happened had Trump lost the election.

Fact remains, Moore is a terrible choice to be Senator from Alabama.  Almost any other Republican would have won this race in a walk.

Moore's reaction to his loss is similar, but not as bad as Hillary's.  Clever

Energy City Big Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: Dec 28, 2017, 11:04AM »

Clinton feels she got stiffed twice.  First by a better campaigner (Obama) and then by a concerted effort by the Alt-Right to undermine her support.  I agree it doesn't justify the "sore loser" status, but I can understand where she's coming from.

Moore was beaten by a number of mainstream Republicans not supporting him and a concerted "Get Out the Vote" campaign by the Democrats.

Bruce Guttman
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Dec 28, 2017, 11:11AM »

Clinton feels she got stiffed twice.  First by a better campaigner (Obama) and then by a concerted effort by the Alt-Right to undermine her support.  I agree it doesn't justify the "sore loser" status, but I can understand where she's coming from.

Moore was beaten by a number of mainstream Republicans not supporting him and a concerted "Get Out the Vote" campaign by the Democrats.

And don't forget the fake allegations.  Clever

Energy City Big Band
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Dec 28, 2017, 11:17AM »

And don't forget the fake allegations.  Clever

What?  Against Clinton? Evil

Bruce Guttman
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Dec 28, 2017, 11:20AM »

Jones is all good. A judge rejected Moore's petition per claims of false voting.

One of his claims, a town called Bordalama with 2,200 people had 5,000+ votes cast! egads!

Except the town doesn't even exist... Oops.

Speaking of fake allegations....  Yeah, RIGHT.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Dec 28, 2017, 11:21AM »

Roy Moore and his horse are the only people left who still think the allegations are fake ones.

Breitbart editor now says he believed Leigh Corfman and thought Roy Moore was ‘terrible’

And no one has really interviewed the horse on-the-record.

Robert Holmén

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Dec 28, 2017, 11:22AM »

Meanwhile, according to the WaPo:

Moore's campaign '"cites four “experts” to argue that the state should “order a new special election to be held based upon the already known fraud which [Secretary of State John Merrill] had acknowledged and taken action against and the further fraud alleged in this complaint.”

The experts came to the case with baggage of their own. James Condit Jr., one of the election analysts who signed an affidavit on behalf of Moore’s campaign, has written and spoken about “Zionist” control of world politics, and alleged an Israeli role in the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks. Richard Charnin, who provided the court with an argument that there was just enough possible fraud to swing the election, claimed to have “mathematically” proven a conspiracy behind the assassination of John F. Kennedy.'

Daniel Harris

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Dec 28, 2017, 11:59AM »

Roy Moore and his horse are the only people left who still think the allegations are fake ones.

Breitbart editor now says he believed Leigh Corfman and thought Roy Moore was ‘terrible’

And no one has really interviewed the horse on-the-record.

I wouldn't be too sure about the horse. Not an on-the-record interview, but there is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w3UxZbWe-M at 7:50 and following.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Dec 28, 2017, 03:05PM »

Well, now it's official.  Jones has been declared the winner.  Moore can go pound sand or kiss the rear end of his horse. :-P

Bruce Guttman
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Dec 28, 2017, 03:09PM »

Well, now it's official.  Jones has been declared the winner.  Moore can go pound sand or kiss the rear end of his horse. :-P

I wonder if he will whine about it until next December like Hillary who's still whining.

Energy City Big Band
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: Dec 28, 2017, 03:47PM »

I wonder if he will whine about it until next December like Hillary who's still whining.

Did Hillary file suit to try to overturn the election? Roy Moore did.

Learn to lose.

ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: Dec 29, 2017, 06:08AM »

Did Hillary file suit to try to overturn the election? Roy Moore did.

Learn to lose.

I don't know but I do know she is still going everywhere and whining and whining and whining. Filing suits to determine election results is the correct way to handle the situation if you feel you have been treated wrongly. Again, that's called 'due process'. Now, lets see how he handles the suit going against him. Lets see if he spends the next year whining like Hillary.

Energy City Big Band
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: Dec 29, 2017, 09:28AM »

I don't know but I do know she is still going everywhere and whining and whining and whining. Filing suits to determine election results is the correct way to handle the situation if you feel you have been treated wrongly. Again, that's called 'due process'. Now, lets see how he handles the suit going against him. Lets see if he spends the next year whining like Hillary.

What does Hillary have to do with the recent Alabama election at all?

Just sounds like more republicans whining... can’t take a loss and try to distract.
BillO

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: Dec 29, 2017, 09:33AM »

It is apparent DD was allowed to watch "Little Rascals" way too much.  It seems he's a dyed-in-the-wool founding member of the He-Man Woman-Haters Club.  I wonder if his nickname when he was a kid was 'Spanky'?

Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: Dec 29, 2017, 09:51AM »

It is apparent DD was allowed to watch "Little Rascals" way too much.  It seems he's a dyed-in-the-wool founding member of the He-Man Woman-Haters Club.  I wonder if his nickname when he was a kid was 'Spanky'?

I'm going to start considering all "Alt-Right/Alternative Facts" types Naylors. They're all part of the same intellectual family, and their father (and the model they'd love to be able to emulate but rarely even show a slight spark of ability) is the character Nick Naylor. It was funny when the movie came out, but also a bit too likely predictive for its more observant audience. Sadly Nick Naylorisms are now part of the standard White House repertoire (to be taken seriously at least in some sense, as difficult as that can be), and we have a large army of parrots in our society who vote.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuaHRN7UhRo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywiOO1CWVWw

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: Dec 29, 2017, 10:12AM »

Odd. I vaguely recall criticisms of Hillary for not having a higher profile, certainly in the early months of the Trump reign.

It seems more to me that Trump and his minions protest too much, particularly as it has become clear that he squeaked out a win with the help of the Russians and notwithstanding losing the popular vote. The most interesting question for 2018 is how many of his flunkies will go to jail.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: Dec 29, 2017, 11:04AM »

Just sounds like more republicans whining... can’t take a loss and try to distract.

Comparing how you guys rant about Moore when you still accept everything about Hillary.  You think that Hillary handled her loss better than Moore is handling his loss? That's a relevant question.

Energy City Big Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: Dec 29, 2017, 11:06AM »

How do you think that I'm a woman hater? How did you get to that point in your thinking?

Energy City Big Band
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: Dec 29, 2017, 11:10AM »

Comparing how you guys rant about Moore when you still accept everything about Hillary.  You think that Hillary handled her loss better than Moore is handling his loss? That's a relevant question.

I think Hillary handled her loss better than Don handled his win.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: Dec 29, 2017, 11:12AM »

I think Hillary handled her loss better than Don handled his win.

You didn't answer my question though. Aw forget about it.

Happy New Year! I wish you all the best!

Energy City Big Band
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Dec 29, 2017, 11:17AM »

You didn't answer my question though. Aw forget about it.

Happy New Year! I wish you all the best!

You mean, do I think you're a woman hater?

No, I think you're a Russian bot.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Dec 29, 2017, 11:55AM »

You mean, do I think you're a woman hater?

No, I think you're a Russian bot.

Is that a person?

Energy City Big Band
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Dec 29, 2017, 11:56AM »

How is it relevant, when Hillary isn't even remotely relevant to this situation?
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Dec 29, 2017, 11:56AM »

How is it relevant, when Hillary isn't even remotely relevant to this situation?

What situation are you talking about?

I've been comparing how the two handle losing elections.

Energy City Big Band
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Dec 29, 2017, 01:09PM »

Um, Roy Moore and the Alabama senate seat race...  Why the heck are you trying to bring hillary into the picture? She doesn't even have a remote association to this.

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Dec 29, 2017, 02:33PM »

I've been comparing how the two handle losing elections.

What's next? Comparing their equestrian skills?

Here's a difference to keep in mind, though (non-equestrian): More people (3 million) voted for Hillary than her opponent, whereas fewer people voted for Judge Roy than his opponent. Odd little democracy you're running down there.
BillO

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Dec 29, 2017, 02:42PM »

How do you think that I'm a woman hater? How did you get to that point in your thinking?
Well, Dusty, you just won't give up about Hillary.  If only a fraction of what you have been whining about Hillary was true she would make Beelzebub seem like a saint.  No one could be as evil as you think Hillary is, and from the way you talked about her during the run-up to the election it gave me the impression your real complaint about her is that she had the audacity to be a woman running for president.

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Dec 29, 2017, 02:47PM »

Maybe an uppity-woman hater?
Greg Waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: Dec 29, 2017, 03:26PM »

What I find surreal is how Roy Moore continually evokes God when he speaks of the election that he refuses to acknowledge that he lost.

He kept using the phrase "God's will". But I guess he can't recognize that it is God's will when the results aren't to his liking.

What a jackass
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: Dec 29, 2017, 03:56PM »

Um, Roy Moore and the Alabama senate seat race...  Why the heck are you trying to bring hillary into the picture? She doesn't even have a remote association to this.

Quit being dense. There are those who complained about Moore and his inability to accept losing the senate race. Who better to compare to, than Hillary?

Energy City Big Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: Dec 29, 2017, 03:57PM »

What's next? Comparing their equestrian skills?

Here's a difference to keep in mind, though (non-equestrian): More people (3 million) voted for Hillary than her opponent, whereas fewer people voted for Judge Roy than his opponent. Odd little democracy you're running down there.

Who is running down democracy? Not me.

Energy City Big Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Dec 29, 2017, 03:59PM »

Well, Dusty, you just won't give up about Hillary. 

That's a false premise. Being against Hillary is not about being a woman hater. You should have a bigger vision than that.

Energy City Big Band
BillO

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Dec 29, 2017, 05:07PM »

That's a false premise. Being against Hillary is not about being a woman hater. You should have a bigger vision than that.
Oh, I do.  I’m just not convinced you do.

Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Dec 29, 2017, 05:32PM »

Oh, I do.  I’m just not convinced you do.

He can do an accidental impression when it suits his agenda, anyway.

bhcordova

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: Dec 29, 2017, 07:44PM »

Billo, Baron, Strike one

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator

Stan

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Dec 30, 2017, 05:20AM »

Billo, Baron, Strike one

@Billy

Where is this line?  DD violates the TOA all the time in this sub.
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Dec 30, 2017, 07:18AM »

@Billy

Where is this line?  DD violates the TOA all the time in this sub.

He tends to violate it in principle though (egregiously and incessantly, granted--extremely disrespectful to other posters and to reason and propriety and the principles he presumes to be representing), but not so much in letter.

Although in this case it's a more overt miss--the initial insult; you should have a bigger vision--is missed or ignored (yet again), but the appropriate response and the highlighting of the real problem in the situation and the PP section at large take "fire" instead.

It's a problem.

But it's also clearly the letter rather than the spirit of the rules that matter in here, which is on the one hand kind of the point as indicated in the description, but on the other it's also a major reason the social climate is so deplorable. Rather than police principles, which can be kinda problematic--even with pretty basic ones--TPTB have chosen a policy that doesn't address the actual problems in here, but instead just isolates the board so you have to opt in to be subject to the deplorability. The rules of reason and propriety just don't count so much in here--at least not officially, so to speak--only the letter of the TOU. It's unfortunate, but it's apparently the way TPTB want it, and addressing the problem could very well backfire, which is most likely why it didn't work back in the day (I gather there were meetings).

There's a lot of potential for good, interesting, substantive discussion in here, but instead it's a stage on which the most intellectually/socially depraved posts are typically front and center--they're lavished with attention (the more overtly deplorable the more attention) so they set the social climate. It's more or less the same phenomenon that has us where we are socially and politically right now in the US. It's a flaw in our nature we'd do well to examine rather than running with it like so many bulls in so many china shops--a flaw we'd really better figure out, ASAP. But another flaw we human brain owners have to deal with is that we're typically not terribly inclined or very competent at self-reflection, or at being able to see the forest beyond the trees in immediate proximity.

BillO

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: Dec 30, 2017, 07:26AM »

Billo, Baron, Strike one
Sorry. :/

B0B

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Dec 30, 2017, 07:34AM »

Quit being dense. There are those who complained about Moore and his inability to accept losing the senate race. Who better to compare to, than Hillary?
She is "better to compare to" because... ?

Moore: Lost with a small margin
Hillary: Lost with a small margin

Moore: never conceded the race
Clinton: conceded the race the next morning after results were in

Moore: challenged the results with frivolous legal claims about places that didn't even exist
Clinton: never called for a recount

The only comparison is that they both lost by small margins. Otherwise, Clinton did the honorable thing, and Moore... well, did the Moore thing. Appears he has never conceded a loss despite this being at least his third. There is no comparison.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Dec 30, 2017, 09:14AM »

She is "better to compare to" because... ?

Moore: Lost with a small margin
Hillary: Lost with a small margin

Moore: never conceded the race
Clinton: conceded the race the next mornings ng after results were in

Moore: challenged the results with frivolous legal claims about places that didn't even exist
Clinton: never called for a recount

The only comparison is that they both lost by small margins. Otherwise, Clinton did the honorable thing, and Moore... well, did the Moore thing. Appears he has never conceded a loss despite this being at least his third. There is no comparison.

Except after a year she still goes around whining about it.

Energy City Big Band
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Dec 30, 2017, 10:54AM »

She has legitimate beefs, Moore, who was the Chief Justoice for the Alabama Supreme Court, TWICE, had his lawsuit dismissed because it was filed in a the wrong court, which did not have jurisdiction. Let that sink in for a moment. The Chief Justice of their Supreme Court did not have adequate legal expertise to know which court to file a suit in.

Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Dec 30, 2017, 11:56AM »

She has legitimate beefs, Moore, who was the Chief Justoice for the Alabama Supreme Court, TWICE, had his lawsuit dismissed because it was filed in a the wrong court, which did not have jurisdiction. Let that sink in for a moment. The Chief Justice of their Supreme Court did not have adequate legal expertise to know which court to file a suit in.

Speaks to where Deep Red priorities are ... which is why I really want to get back home--hopefully as soon as I can retire early and retain my medical benefits.

Stan

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Dec 30, 2017, 02:02PM »

He tends to violate it in principle though (egregiously and incessantly, granted--extremely disrespectful to other posters and to reason and propriety and the principles he presumes to be representing), but not so much in letter.

Although in this case it's a more overt miss--the initial insult; you should have a bigger vision--is missed or ignored (yet again), but the appropriate response and the highlighting of the real problem in the situation and the PP section at large take "fire" instead.

It's a problem.

But it's also clearly the letter rather than the spirit of the rules that matter in here, which is on the one hand kind of the point as indicated in the description, but on the other it's also a major reason the social climate is so deplorable. Rather than police principles, which can be kinda problematic--even with pretty basic ones--TPTB have chosen a policy that doesn't address the actual problems in here, but instead just isolates the board so you have to opt in to be subject to the deplorability. The rules of reason and propriety just don't count so much in here--at least not officially, so to speak--only the letter of the TOU. It's unfortunate, but it's apparently the way TPTB want it, and addressing the problem could very well backfire, which is most likely why it didn't work back in the day (I gather there were meetings).

There's a lot of potential for good, interesting, substantive discussion in here, but instead it's a stage on which the most intellectually/socially depraved posts are typically front and center--they're lavished with attention (the more overtly deplorable the more attention) so they set the social climate. It's more or less the same phenomenon that has us where we are socially and politically right now in the US. It's a flaw in our nature we'd do well to examine rather than running with it like so many bulls in so many china shops--a flaw we'd really better figure out, ASAP. But another flaw we human brain owners have to deal with is that we're typically not terribly inclined or very competent at self-reflection, or at being able to see the forest beyond the trees in immediate proximity.

Well, quite frankly what I see is an individual who violates both the spirit and technicality of the rules with impunity, and the three people (myself included) who have pushed back against it have been scolded.

I see an individual I googled in an attempt to understand his point of views, and when I made note of why I believe  he acts that way, I was scolded.  I see a history and pattern of insulting, abusive, dishonest writing that is overlooked, but when pointed out results in the shooting of the messenger.  I see someone who routinely derails topics by injecting and feeding on lies and divisiveness, and who insults those who question his reasoning.  Why is it acceptable to call a whole group of people m****s with impunity, but we can’t call a spade a spade?

The mods can go ahead and strike me or ban me or whatever.  That’s because it’s impossible to have a conversation when a troll is literally allowed to run wild with no consequences, but all routine troll-resistance measures are met harshly.  I’m done with it.
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Dec 30, 2017, 05:06PM »

Except after a year she still goes around whining about it.
I wonder, do you realize that Moore had a failed bid for governor 8 years ago that he still refuses to concede?

If this is the best you have, it's weaker than trying to get drunk off of o'douls.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [All]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: