Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092464 Posts in 72163 Topics- by 19436 Members - Latest Member: Pablo3A
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Roy Moore is a m-o-r-o-n  (Read 3162 times)
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: Dec 29, 2017, 03:59PM »

Well, Dusty, you just won't give up about Hillary. 

That's a false premise. Being against Hillary is not about being a woman hater. You should have a bigger vision than that.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: Dec 29, 2017, 05:07PM »

That's a false premise. Being against Hillary is not about being a woman hater. You should have a bigger vision than that.
Oh, I do.  Iím just not convinced you do.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: Dec 29, 2017, 05:32PM »

Oh, I do.  Iím just not convinced you do.

He can do an accidental impression when it suits his agenda, anyway.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: Dec 29, 2017, 07:44PM »

Billo, Baron, Strike one

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
Stan

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: Dec 30, 2017, 05:20AM »

Billo, Baron, Strike one

@Billy

Where is this line?  DD violates the TOA all the time in this sub.
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: Dec 30, 2017, 07:18AM »

@Billy

Where is this line?  DD violates the TOA all the time in this sub.

He tends to violate it in principle though (egregiously and incessantly, granted--extremely disrespectful to other posters and to reason and propriety and the principles he presumes to be representing), but not so much in letter.

Although in this case it's a more overt miss--the initial insult; you should have a bigger vision--is missed or ignored (yet again), but the appropriate response and the highlighting of the real problem in the situation and the PP section at large take "fire" instead.

It's a problem.

But it's also clearly the letter rather than the spirit of the rules that matter in here, which is on the one hand kind of the point as indicated in the description, but on the other it's also a major reason the social climate is so deplorable. Rather than police principles, which can be kinda problematic--even with pretty basic ones--TPTB have chosen a policy that doesn't address the actual problems in here, but instead just isolates the board so you have to opt in to be subject to the deplorability. The rules of reason and propriety just don't count so much in here--at least not officially, so to speak--only the letter of the TOU. It's unfortunate, but it's apparently the way TPTB want it, and addressing the problem could very well backfire, which is most likely why it didn't work back in the day (I gather there were meetings).

There's a lot of potential for good, interesting, substantive discussion in here, but instead it's a stage on which the most intellectually/socially depraved posts are typically front and center--they're lavished with attention (the more overtly deplorable the more attention) so they set the social climate. It's more or less the same phenomenon that has us where we are socially and politically right now in the US. It's a flaw in our nature we'd do well to examine rather than running with it like so many bulls in so many china shops--a flaw we'd really better figure out, ASAP. But another flaw we human brain owners have to deal with is that we're typically not terribly inclined or very competent at self-reflection, or at being able to see the forest beyond the trees in immediate proximity.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: Dec 30, 2017, 07:26AM »

Billo, Baron, Strike one
Sorry. :/

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Dec 30, 2017, 07:34AM »

Quit being dense. There are those who complained about Moore and his inability to accept losing the senate race. Who better to compare to, than Hillary?
She is "better to compare to" because... ?

Moore: Lost with a small margin
Hillary: Lost with a small margin

Moore: never conceded the race
Clinton: conceded the race the next morning after results were in

Moore: challenged the results with frivolous legal claims about places that didn't even exist
Clinton: never called for a recount

The only comparison is that they both lost by small margins. Otherwise, Clinton did the honorable thing, and Moore... well, did the Moore thing. Appears he has never conceded a loss despite this being at least his third. There is no comparison.
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Dec 30, 2017, 09:14AM »

She is "better to compare to" because... ?

Moore: Lost with a small margin
Hillary: Lost with a small margin

Moore: never conceded the race
Clinton: conceded the race the next mornings ng after results were in

Moore: challenged the results with frivolous legal claims about places that didn't even exist
Clinton: never called for a recount

The only comparison is that they both lost by small margins. Otherwise, Clinton did the honorable thing, and Moore... well, did the Moore thing. Appears he has never conceded a loss despite this being at least his third. There is no comparison.

Except after a year she still goes around whining about it.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Dec 30, 2017, 10:54AM »

She has legitimate beefs, Moore, who was the Chief Justoice for the Alabama Supreme Court, TWICE, had his lawsuit dismissed because it was filed in a the wrong court, which did not have jurisdiction. Let that sink in for a moment. The Chief Justice of their Supreme Court did not have adequate legal expertise to know which court to file a suit in.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: Dec 30, 2017, 11:56AM »

She has legitimate beefs, Moore, who was the Chief Justoice for the Alabama Supreme Court, TWICE, had his lawsuit dismissed because it was filed in a the wrong court, which did not have jurisdiction. Let that sink in for a moment. The Chief Justice of their Supreme Court did not have adequate legal expertise to know which court to file a suit in.

Speaks to where Deep Red priorities are ... which is why I really want to get back home--hopefully as soon as I can retire early and retain my medical benefits.

Stan

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: Dec 30, 2017, 02:02PM »

He tends to violate it in principle though (egregiously and incessantly, granted--extremely disrespectful to other posters and to reason and propriety and the principles he presumes to be representing), but not so much in letter.

Although in this case it's a more overt miss--the initial insult; you should have a bigger vision--is missed or ignored (yet again), but the appropriate response and the highlighting of the real problem in the situation and the PP section at large take "fire" instead.

It's a problem.

But it's also clearly the letter rather than the spirit of the rules that matter in here, which is on the one hand kind of the point as indicated in the description, but on the other it's also a major reason the social climate is so deplorable. Rather than police principles, which can be kinda problematic--even with pretty basic ones--TPTB have chosen a policy that doesn't address the actual problems in here, but instead just isolates the board so you have to opt in to be subject to the deplorability. The rules of reason and propriety just don't count so much in here--at least not officially, so to speak--only the letter of the TOU. It's unfortunate, but it's apparently the way TPTB want it, and addressing the problem could very well backfire, which is most likely why it didn't work back in the day (I gather there were meetings).

There's a lot of potential for good, interesting, substantive discussion in here, but instead it's a stage on which the most intellectually/socially depraved posts are typically front and center--they're lavished with attention (the more overtly deplorable the more attention) so they set the social climate. It's more or less the same phenomenon that has us where we are socially and politically right now in the US. It's a flaw in our nature we'd do well to examine rather than running with it like so many bulls in so many china shops--a flaw we'd really better figure out, ASAP. But another flaw we human brain owners have to deal with is that we're typically not terribly inclined or very competent at self-reflection, or at being able to see the forest beyond the trees in immediate proximity.

Well, quite frankly what I see is an individual who violates both the spirit and technicality of the rules with impunity, and the three people (myself included) who have pushed back against it have been scolded.

I see an individual I googled in an attempt to understand his point of views, and when I made note of why I believe  he acts that way, I was scolded.  I see a history and pattern of insulting, abusive, dishonest writing that is overlooked, but when pointed out results in the shooting of the messenger.  I see someone who routinely derails topics by injecting and feeding on lies and divisiveness, and who insults those who question his reasoning.  Why is it acceptable to call a whole group of people m****s with impunity, but we canít call a spade a spade?

The mods can go ahead and strike me or ban me or whatever.  Thatís because itís impossible to have a conversation when a troll is literally allowed to run wild with no consequences, but all routine troll-resistance measures are met harshly.  Iím done with it.
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: Dec 30, 2017, 05:06PM »

Except after a year she still goes around whining about it.
I wonder, do you realize that Moore had a failed bid for governor 8 years ago that he still refuses to concede?

If this is the best you have, it's weaker than trying to get drunk off of o'douls.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: