Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092465 Posts in 72163 Topics- by 19436 Members - Latest Member: Pablo3A
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Roy Moore is a m-o-r-o-n  (Read 3164 times)
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Dec 12, 2017, 04:46AM »

I'm not writing Doug Jones epitaph just yet. I realize it IS Alabama, but we saw a massive uprising of "Indivisible" and "Resistance" voters create tidal wave victories in Va. and other states in the recent election. We'll find out today if those movements are real. I expect a close race one way or the other, but I will not be in the least shocked if Jones wins by 10 points or more. He would in pretty much any other state, and if these movements ARE real, he may even in Alabama.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2017, 06:04AM »

• Democrats will whine and writhe. 
   But they can and will do nothing to stop the Trumpling of American values until the November 2018 elections. 
   By then, so much damage will be done that it will not be repairable in my lifetime.   :cry:
Well the Democratic voters could come out in force and vote against Mr. M oron.  Surely the Trump election has thought them how to avoid an a sshole.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:11AM »

Doesn't really work that way.  The Democratic base is hard to get enthused about a candidate (and therefore vote), but is easily disheartened (and therefore stay home instead of vote).  Also, a large part of the Democratic base are minorities.  The Republicans in power in Alabama have been making it harder to register and to vote for those people. 

The Republican base is in areas where registering is easier and will come out to vote (if only to keep the Democrats from winning.)

If Jones wins, it will be an amazing upset.

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
Greg Waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:27AM »

If Moore wins, it will be a disaster for the Republicans. He will be an albatross around their necks and a never ending distraction.

That said I certainly hope he doesn't win.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:33AM »

I find it amazing how many single issue voters there seem to be in Alabama.  Just because Jones is Pro Choice (not necessarily pro Abortion) they won't vote for him.  He clearly didn't explain the pro Choice position very well and the nut-jobs managed to hang the "baby killer" label on him.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:45AM »

I find it amazing how many single issue voters there seem to be in Alabama.  Just because Jones is Pro Choice (not necessarily pro Abortion) they won't vote for him.  He clearly didn't explain the pro Choice position very well and the nut-jobs managed to hang the "baby killer" label on him.

I thought Don identified his fan base very well this morning in his tweet criticizing Mr. Jones (as well as Gillibrand, the Clintons, the lying women nobodies who accused him of sexual harassment, Nancy and Chuck, the Russian investigation, and fake news): the pro-life crowd, pro law and order (not "soft on crime" like Mr. Jones, the prosecutor of the KKK bombers), anti-illegal immigration, and anti gun control.
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:47AM »

The labels/epithets fanatics and dogmatists stick on you have nothing at all to do with how well you've explained the concepts they're actively "misunderstanding".

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: Dec 12, 2017, 05:22PM »

Too bad the 'family values party' cares not a whit for said values.  It's all a film-flam to get votes.

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Dec 12, 2017, 07:29PM »

As of this moment it appears that a lot of Alabama agrees with the sentiment of the title of this thread.  Luther Strange would have won in a walk-over.  Moore appears to be losing by under 1%.

Recounts, anyone?

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Dec 12, 2017, 08:23PM »

Hooray! Almost half of Alabama voters chose the sane, responsible candidate. That's like almost most of them.

There's going to be a lot of bitching about the write-in vote which are more than the margin of victory.

Geez...

The chairman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee urged Alabama’s newly elected Democratic senator, Doug Jones, to “do the right thing” and vote with Republicans.

and go to the mall to pick up 14-year-old girls.

Roy Moore Retires From Politics To Spend More Quality Time With Someone's Kid

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Dec 12, 2017, 10:46PM »

Black voters turned out huge.  I'm impressed.

African American Voters Made Doug Jones a U.S. Senator in Alabama

Election day defied the narrative, and challenged traditional thinking about racial turnout in off-year elections and special elections. Precincts in the state’s “black belt,” the swathe of dark, fertile soil where the African American population is concentrated, reported long lines throughout the day, and as the night waned and red counties dominated by rural white voters continued to report disappointing results for Moore, votes surged in from urban areas and the black belt. By all accounts, black turnout exceeded expectations, perhaps even passing previous off-year results. Energy was not a problem.

Exit polls showed that black voters overall made a big splash. The Washington Post’s exit polls indicated that black voters would make up 28 percent of the voters, greater than their 26 percent share of the population, which would be a dramatic turnaround from previous statewide special elections in the South, including a special election for the Sixth District in Georgia which saw black support for Democratic candidate Jon Ossoff dissipate on Election Day.

However, it took a gi-normous GOTV effort by the Dems. They won't be able to do that everywhere.

Robert Holmén

Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2017, 02:43AM »

All the more remarkable since AL has rigged voting so that it seriously suppresses the black vote.

The truly disgusting thing is that it takes a candidate as bad as Moore before a great many Republican Alternative Values Voters will actually refrain from supporting even rather extreme and overt moral and intellectual bankruptcy.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Dec 13, 2017, 07:48AM »

Could this signal the end of the Republican bulldozer - for a while at least?

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Dec 13, 2017, 08:42AM »

I finally heard what the problem was with current Senator Luther Strange, defeated by Moore the GOP primary, appointed by the AL gov to replace Jeff Sessions.

It's not that he wasn't conservative enough.

It turns out that the governor of AL had a sex-for-public-money scandal coming down on him, pursued by none other than then AL Attorney General... Luther Strange. The timing of events regarding the scandal and Strange's appointment to the Senate lead many people suspect that the appointment was made in return for holding back the investigation.

Robert Holmén

Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Dec 13, 2017, 10:37AM »

"Strange's appointment to the Senate lead many people suspect that the appointment was made in return for holding back the investigation."

The responses write themselves.
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Dec 21, 2017, 12:16PM »

Sore loser Roy Moore

The second link Moore posted was from the conservative extremist site WorldNetDaily, which claimed that “Muslims and Marxists delivered for Doug Jones.” The article bemoans that these groups “rallied thousands of  black, Latino, and Muslim voters behind Doug Jones,” but it doesn’t actually implicate anyone in any wrongdoing. Moore’s supporters left comments encouraging him to keep fighting. Moore had previously said he does not believe Muslims should hold public office.

I understand the low turnout among 14-year-old child brides also hurt his chances.

Robert Holmén

Greg Waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: Dec 21, 2017, 12:23PM »

Sore loser Roy Moore

I understand the low turnout among 14-year-old child brides also hurt his chances.
:D
Greg Waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: Dec 21, 2017, 12:25PM »

Sore loser Roy Moore

What I find particularly suspicious is the fact that some of his supporters come out saying that it is acceptable for an older man to date a younger woman, then they cite the bible.

Yet, Moore denies knowing any of the women who accuse him.

Hmmm
Dan Hine

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Dec 21, 2017, 12:28PM »

What I find particularly suspicious is the fact that some of his supporters come out saying that it is acceptable for an older man to date a younger woman, then they cite the bible.

Yet, Moore denies knowing any of the women who accuse him.

Hmmm

I don't particularly find that suspicious. 

He says he doesn't know any of them.  The supporters are simply saying it doesn't matter because even if he did date them, they don't care.

Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Dec 21, 2017, 04:38PM »

I don't particularly find that suspicious. 

He says he doesn't know any of them.  The supporters are simply saying it doesn't matter because even if he did date them, they don't care.

'Zackly. Roy Moore's purpose is to avoid looking like a pathetic perv who couldn't date women his own age (he admitted that when he was 32, he asked his dates' parents for permission! Did you, or any other normal person, have to do that?!) He's trying to approach some sort of decency, as judged by contemporary moral standards.

His followers are from Alabama. Their reaction to his unseemly interest in high school girls as a 32-year-old professional would be, "If he bagged a couple of them, good on him!" They're all trying to do the same thing.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: