Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092464 Posts in 72163 Topics- by 19436 Members - Latest Member: Pablo3A
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) Should Trump be investigated for sexual assault/harrassment?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Should Trump be investigated for sexual assault/harrassment?  (Read 1812 times)
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Dec 13, 2017, 09:20PM »

I think that it's impossible for you people to listen to other view points. 

There's no 'you people'. There's just people with common sense, then you.

If you have a friend who is accused by a whole lot of people of doing something, then he says, Yeah, I do that, the normal response is to believe that it happened. That's precisely the situation with Trump.

Trump has admitted to the behavior described by his accusers. What more do you need?

Not too difficult to figure out, at least for smart people or, as you call them, 'you people'.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Dec 13, 2017, 09:50PM »

Not too difficult to figure out, at least for smart people or, as you call them, 'you people'.

Smart?

How about not completely vacuous?

At least marginally rational?

Maybe those who have at least a slight inkling of honesty?

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Dec 14, 2017, 05:18AM »

Your viewpoints are quite transparent.  You are the only one who really knows anything and the rest of us are idiots who are getting in your way :-P

My problem is that I listen to everybody's viewpoints and then make up my mind.  I'm not closed, and I don't automatically agree with you.

Notice I don't call you out and call you stupid names either. I don't get upset with you for having different opinions than me, do I?
We still are cordial and get along. Not so, with how other members react to my opinions. That's the difference.

Energy City Horizons Symphonic Band
Energy City Big Band
Energy City Dixieland Band
River Pointe Church Praise and Worship Band
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Dec 14, 2017, 05:27AM »

There's no 'you people'. There's just people with common sense, then you.

If you have a friend who is accused by a whole lot of people of doing something, then he says, Yeah, I do that, the normal response is to believe that it happened. That's precisely the situation with Trump.

Trump has admitted to the behavior described by his accusers. What more do you need?

I'll say this one more time.

'Campaign allegations' are trotted out when a party has no policy they can win by and become desparate. Therefore, they are treated as such and given zero credit.

The democrat party has a history of doing this. They are now in the same campaign style mode against Trump because without false allegations, they have nothing. The Russia collusion fantasy has failed, so now, it's back to 'campaign allegations', all in the hopes of finding something that will stick. Good luck with that. The people have spoken and Trump is president.

2020 is right around the corner. Maybe the democrats can find legitimate issues and a good candidate.

Energy City Big Band
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Dec 14, 2017, 05:50AM »

I think that it's impossible for you people to listen to other view points. 
I read what you wrote and thought about it.  You call the Democrats out for dragging up 'campaign allegations' and assert it in a way that tries to convince us that you think they are alone in doing that.  Well, you were wrong.  100% wrong, because the republicans do exactly the same thing.  Then when I point that out to you you claim it is impossible for 'us guys' to listen to other view points.  Which again is 100% wrong as I proved in responding to you in the first place.

If your 'view point' is that the Republicans do no muckraking, then you are being intellectually dishonest - and we all know it.  If you want to be taken seriously, use a little common sense when you post and use some integrity.

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
B0B

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Dec 14, 2017, 06:30AM »

I'll say this one more time.

'Campaign allegations' are trotted out when a party has no policy they can win by and become desparate. Therefore, they are treated as such and given zero credit.

The democrat party has a history of doing this. They are now in the same campaign style mode against Trump because without false allegations, they have nothing. The Russia collusion fantasy has failed (Not according to the guilty please, or even trump junior's own admittal of attempted collusion), so now, it's back to 'campaign allegations'(So you mean the sexual alligations? The ones trump bragged about doing?), all in the hopes of finding something that will stick. Good luck with that. The people have spoken and Trump is president. (actually no, the electoral college spoke. The people said Clinton.)

2020 is right around the corner. Maybe the democrats can find legitimate issues and a good candidate.

Three words for you: "Benghazi", "Birther", and "Emails".

What you describe is pretty Republican SOP for the past 6-8 years. You just seem to confuse party.
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: Dec 14, 2017, 08:56AM »

B0B, more like the past 20 years.  Or have you forgotten "Willie Horton", the swiftboaters, etc.?

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Dec 14, 2017, 09:49AM »

The Russia collusion fantasy has failed

Two indictments on 14 counts, including "Conspiracy Against the USA", and two guilty pleas to lesser charges tell the lie of that statement.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Dec 14, 2017, 10:17AM »

That Russia ran (and, I expect, still runs) a very successful influence campaign for Trump's benefit during the 2016 election campaign is irrefutable, although DD and Putin continue to deny it.

Vlad and Dusty - it writes itself.
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Dec 14, 2017, 10:56AM »

DDickerson, it isn't that I'm closed off to your opinions, but you mostly argue from assertion, and rather than present evidence you simply assert facts that are contrary to it. Then, you largely ignore the points made by others and throw out more unfounded assertions.

Are some sexual allegations made in service of political gain? Probably, but not the ones against Trump. We have Trump's own corroboration of this type of behavior, in his own words, on more than one occasion.

You still can't explain how these allegations could all be false when Trump admits to the acts they're describing. This one's 100%, easy-peasy. He did it. He says so, they say so. Done deal.

So why do you argue, against plain fact and evidence, that this has something to do with lack of a Democrat legislative program? Because it's what you want to believe, and you've never particularly cared if what you say is true.

Same with your characterization that the Russian probe has come a cropper. It hasn't. Again, they've substantially admitted collusion. DJT Jr. eagerly agreed to a meeting--"I love it"--after receiving an email plainly stating that it reflected the Kremlin's desire to help Trump. If they weren't at least trying to collude, why would he agree to the meeting?  This didn't come from some shady Democrat operative or the hated MSM--DJT Jr. provided the information himself. Again, done deal.

So if you want respect from the people on this forum (and admittedly you probably don't care) you could present some actual cogent arguments for your positions, or cite evidence for them, rather than just parrot a bunch of Mewsmax talking points we've all heard a million times and which are easily debunked.

Meanwhile, the smart people ("you people", to you) on the forum will keep trying to flick you away.

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know, it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." --Mark Twain
BillO
A trombone is not measured by it's name.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Dec 14, 2017, 11:41AM »

Facts?  Don't know

Never look at the conductor. You just encourage them.

Have you noticed, some folk never stick around to help tidy up after practice?
Greg Waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: Dec 14, 2017, 11:43AM »

....The people have spoken....

Look around. Wake up and smell the coffee DD. There are a lot of people speaking now. There are widespread calls for Trump to resign or be impeached. And it is becoming more and more common with each week it seems.

The ones who are still defending him, and his entire smarmy administration are quickly finding themselves in the minority, election result notwithstanding. Republicans are jumping ship right and left.

You are standing on the deck of a sinking ship. History will not be kind to Trump and his apologists and enablers.
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: Dec 14, 2017, 02:31PM »

Facts?  Don't know

Facts?  We don't need no stinking facts!

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Dec 14, 2017, 03:11PM »

Painting these accusations as a political stunt is ridiculous. Only 31 percent of Americans recently polled disbelieved Trump's sexual assault accusers, and now you're just getting down to the dumbest of the dumb, who are disbelieving something that Trump already admitted doing.

A large majority (57%) believe Trump obstructed the Russia probe. Americans believe, 50% to 40%, that Trump colluded with Russia to get elected.

I was going to say that sooner or later you have to take your head out of the sand (or wherever it is) but, strictly speaking, that's not true. You don't have to.

Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: Dec 14, 2017, 08:34PM »

The people have spoken and Trump is president.

The people have spoken and Doug Jones is Senator.

Greg Waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: Dec 14, 2017, 09:36PM »

The people have spoken and Doug Jones is Senator.

Good!
ddickerson

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Dec 15, 2017, 03:06PM »

Regarding the sex accusers of trump in the campaign, seem to have been recruited by Lisa Bloom, Gloria alred’s Daughter, and received huge compensation. Some, in the millions.

That’s what I call ‘campaign allegations’.

So, the Russian fantasy has failed. And now, they’re trying to restart the campaign allegations again, but now we find out they were paid.

Now the MSM is probably not reporting this yet, so you guys have been given a heads up.

Energy City Big Band
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Dec 15, 2017, 04:15PM »

Sometimes--often of late--it seems there really should be a point at which willfully stupid becomes criminal.

We've seen more than enough of the harm willful stupidity can do. When enough people are sufficiently depraved and proud of it, they can do a lot of damage to the society they infect with intellectual and moral depravity, and the hatred of those who aren't similarly depraved.

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
elmsandr

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Dec 15, 2017, 06:54PM »

Regarding the sex accusers of trump in the campaign, seem to have been recruited by Lisa Bloom, Gloria alred’s Daughter, and received huge compensation. Some, in the millions.

That’s what I call ‘campaign allegations’.

So, the Russian fantasy has failed. And now, they’re trying to restart the campaign allegations again, but now we find out they were paid.

Now the MSM is probably not reporting this yet, so you guys have been given a heads up.
The Russian “fantasy” failed? How so? Indictments and guilty pleas in pretty much record time from an independent counsel... it hasn’t failed, it is rolling in a rather unpleasant direction.

Cheers,
Andy

Andrew Elms
Piano man

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Dec 15, 2017, 06:58PM »

I expect the Mueller probe to be ended soon, with the help of Fox News and the acquiescence of the hated 'establishment Republicans.'

It will be a sad day for democracy. At least when Nixon was president, his party-mates chose country over party.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: