Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092460 Posts in 72163 Topics- by 19436 Members - Latest Member: Pablo3A
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Christmas gigs  (Read 1008 times)
MikeBMiller
Best trombone player on my street.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2018, 09:40AM »

But one I was really looking forward to got snowed out. Our big band had practiced really hard to work up the Ellington Nutcracker Suite. On the day of the concert, we got just enough snow to shut everything down. This being SC, that doesn't take much. We have rescheduled it for the 1st week of January, but I don't anticipate that we will get much for attendance, as people are pretty tired of Christmas music by then.

To my great shock and surprise, we had close to 200 people come out for out make up Christmas concert on Jan. 4th. The Nutcracker Suite went well, except for the brass missing an entrance and staying lost for about 32 bars in Peanut Brittle Brigade. That is incredibly fun music to play.
watermailonman

"Do your best and then do better"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: Jan 07, 2018, 01:36AM »

Hi! Had another one yesterday, a late christmas concert with the local community symphony orchestra in my town Södertälje a bit south of Stockholm. Rehearsed all day from 11 AM to 4 PM and after dinner a one and a half hour concert in the towns concert house. Was home at seven. There was everything at this concert, christmas songs and New-Years-Eave-Strauss-Walzes as well as other lighter music including three jazz songs, one of them with a trombone solo. A very heavy day because we had few rests  Sing it!

/Tom

Listen to my playing on soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/user-796193724
Visit my page at https://sites.google.com/site/brazzmusic/

Instruments: King 2b+, Kanstul 1570, Kanstul 1662. m-pieces: Bach 6 3/4, Hammond 12 ML, Hammond 20 BL
Andrew Meronek

"Justly Intoned"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jan 07, 2018, 08:50AM »

I didn't have a Christmas gig this year, but I did end up play a wedding reception on New Year's Eve in the Henry Ford museum. Pretty cool. :)

"All musicians are subconsciously mathematicians."

- Thelonious Monk
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: