Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092910 Posts in 72340 Topics- by 19432 Members - Latest Member: joshealejo
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumHorns, Gear, and EquipmentTechnology(Moderator: john sandhagen) Windows Audio Session audio driver?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Windows Audio Session audio driver?  (Read 108 times)
Graham Martin
Purveyor of 'HOT' Jazz

"Dixieland/Mainstream/Big Band"

View Profile
« on: Dec 29, 2017, 04:57PM »

At this time of the year my knowledge is always sorely tested by the new version of Band-in-a-Box. Thus I have to search around for knowledge, which is not always best obtained from the PG Music forum. This year I have many questions, but some are pretty general ones, which I think the experts on this forum can probably answer.

Anyway, here is my first question:

Band-in-a-Box now supports Windows Audio Session audio driver. This driver is an alternative to ASIO or MME. It apparantly has ultra-low latency on a typical Windows PC and is claimed to cut down the delays in playing or sending out MIDI information - As though I really understand what that all means. Embarrassed! So, does anyone have experience in using this new driver and what benefits or problems did it give you?

Grah

"May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay......forever young."
savio

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2017, 05:14PM »

At this time of the year my knowledge is always sorely tested by the new version of Band-in-a-Box. Thus I have to search around for knowledge, which is not always best obtained from the PG Music forum. This year I have many questions, but some are pretty general ones, which I think the experts on this forum can probably answer.

Anyway, here is my first question:

Band-in-a-Box now supports Windows Audio Session audio driver. This driver is an alternative to ASIO or MME. It apparantly has ultra-low latency on a typical Windows PC and is claimed to cut down the delays in playing or sending out MIDI information - As though I really understand what that all means. Embarrassed! So, does anyone have experience in using this new driver and what benefits or problems did it give you?

My experience is not to use the windows asio driver. Use the asio driver that belongs or follow your soundcard.

Leif

Bass Trombone - Conn, Holton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: