Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1092465 Posts in 72163 Topics- by 19436 Members - Latest Member: Pablo3A
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Police state  (Read 211 times)
Ellrod

View Profile
« on: Jan 10, 2018, 09:12AM »

News item:

NEW ORLEANS -- A Louisiana teacher was removed from a school board meeting, forcibly handcuffed and jailed after questioning pay policies during a public comment period. The teacher's union and the ACLU are investigating and two board members are complaining that the board treats women unfairly.

A video posted by KATC-TV shows middle-school English teacher Deyshia Hargrave complying with a city marshal's orders to leave Monday night's Vermilion Parish School Board meeting in Abbeville, west of New Orleans. Next, she is seen on the hallway floor, screaming as the marshal handcuffs her behind her back.

"Stop resisting," the marshal says, hustling Hargrave toward an exit after lifting her to her feet.

"I am not, you just pushed me to the floor," Hargrave responds.

Hargrave later bonded out of the Abbeville jail on charges of "remaining after being forbidden" and resisting an officer, according to KATC.

Meanwhile, an update:

[/University Hospital nurse Alex Wubbels has agreed to a $500,000 payment to settle a dispute over her arrest by a Salt Lake City police officer after she barred him from drawing blood from an unconscious patient, her attorney said Tuesday.

Attorney Karra Porter said at a news conference that the agreement with Salt Lake City and the University of Utah covers all parties and takes the possibility of legal action off the table. “There will be no lawsuit,” she said.

The arrest drew widespread condemnation after Porter released police body camera and hospital security footage of the encounter on Aug. 31. i]
Greg Waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2018, 09:24AM »

Those two stories were very troubling.

In the case of the school board meeting, she was simply exercising her right to ask questions at a public meeting. And the school board president didn't like hearing what she was saying so she is thrown out and arrested. She should sue. I would.

The direction this country is heading is very concerning. We have a so-called president who calls for publication of a book to be stopped. That is not what the USA is about. And it is ironic that he has a problem with what he calls untrue statements being made about him since he makes countless untrue statements on a daily basis.....multiple times a day.  Don't know
robcat2075

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2018, 09:32AM »

I have a feeling that there is a certain fraction of police who go about their day in a barely-contained state of rage, waiting for some opening to push the hair trigger and BOOM... someone is getting arrested or beaten or shot for no good reason.

Are they "out of control" or are they trained to respond in this maximal way to minimal problems?

Robert Holmén

Hear me as I Play My Horn

Get your Popper, Dotzauer, or Kummer play-alongs!
Ellrod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2018, 09:36AM »

How about this one:

Three members of the the Code Pink activist group have been convicted on charges of disrupting Attorney General Jeff Sessions' confirmation hearing.

Desiree Fairooz, one of the protesters who was found guilty, said all she did was laugh during the hearing.

Ms Fairooz, 61, was found guilty on two charges of disorderly conduct and parading or demonstrating on Capitol grounds.

Each protester could face up to 12 months in prison.

Greg Waits

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2018, 01:55PM »

How about this one:

Three members of the the Code Pink activist group have been convicted on charges of disrupting Attorney General Jeff Sessions' confirmation hearing.

Desiree Fairooz, one of the protesters who was found guilty, said all she did was laugh during the hearing.

Ms Fairooz, 61, was found guilty on two charges of disorderly conduct and parading or demonstrating on Capitol grounds.

Each protester could face up to 12 months in prison.

Evidence that the USA is turning into a fascist state
badger

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2018, 04:42PM »

Watch the video and then thoughts. This is hard to watch!

http://reason.com/blog/2017/12/08/arizona-cop-acquitted-for-killing-man-cr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: