Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1097093 Posts in 72569 Topics- by 19545 Members - Latest Member: cepatinog
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Holton TR181 bass trombone Gb slide  (Read 138 times)
John Thomas

View Profile
« on: Feb 09, 2018, 12:56PM »

I bought a used Holton TR181 that only has the G slide.  I can pull it to almost work as Gb flat but positions are a little long for Gb/D use.  I have found the Gb/D slide on the Conn-Selmer parts site; 
://parts.conn-selmer.com/products/instrument/680/tr181/tr181.-- Part #6TR18100D41.

Because I can only search as a guest I can't get a price.  Maybe one of you repair/builder/modification guys could look it up to let me know the price or maybe you could make one with parts you already have for less.

Thanks
bonearzt

"UTEP Alumni/Legend in my own mind!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2018, 03:25PM »

Retail on it is $175 plus shipping and not in stock so at least a 4-6 week wait....

Eric

Eric, Leandra, Sara, Jared & Lily
Edwards
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price has faded!"
"If you're doing something a certain way ONLY because it's always been done that way,  you're probably doing it wrong!"
John Thomas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2018, 03:55PM »

Thank you Eric.  I really don't that I would have a need for the G slide if I had a Gb slide. Would it be possible to extend the G slide to a Gb slide with parts you might have or with the tuning slide sleeves they have listed on the parts list?

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: