Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1097252 Posts in 72498 Topics- by 19558 Members - Latest Member: Shinbone021401
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumClassified AdvertisementsClassified Advertisements(Moderator: Greg Waits) For Sale: Custom Bolero--Great Player! LOWER PRICE
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For Sale: Custom Bolero--Great Player! LOWER PRICE  (Read 939 times)
Nolabone

View Profile
« on: Jan 12, 2018, 03:02PM »

Very nice Bolero (I think it's from the 70's) that was upgraded and customized by Aaron Chandler of ACME TROMBONE. Bell has the krantz at bottom of flare, has original counterweight, but has been stripped to bare brass. The slide has the original Bolero outers but was re-done with Shires inners and a King bow! The slide also has an Amado water key, accepts Shires lead pipes and coms with a Shires T8 #1 lead pipe.  
The whole horn is "experienced" but is free of dents or other damage. The slide is outstanding. 
I've owned several top of the line .508 bore trombones, including Shires, 3B's and a Kanstul 1606. This Bolero performs right up there with the best of them. 
A "Bolero" search in the "Instruments" thread on this forum gives plenty of comments about Selmer Boleros and there are some comments which reference this particular instrument. 
For sale only, PayPal or money order. $900 + shipping within CONUS.
I have photos.
If interested in the horn, please PM me with offers, questions and/or photo requests. 
Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2018, 11:18AM by Nolabone » Logged

"This is The Tonight Show. I canít tell you too much about it, other than to say that this show is going to go on forever."  Steve Allen, 1953
Nolabone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2018, 11:21AM »

I've decided to sell the Kanstul H-8 lead pipe separately and have reduced the price of the Bolero.  I'll consider reasonable offers...

"This is The Tonight Show. I canít tell you too much about it, other than to say that this show is going to go on forever."  Steve Allen, 1953
Nolabone

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2018, 02:04PM »

Very nice Bolero (I think it's from the 70's) that was upgraded and customized by Aaron Chandler of ACME TROMBONE. Bell has the kranz at bottom of flare, has original counterweight, but has been stripped to bare brass. The slide has the original Bolero outers but was customized to have Shires inners and a King bow! The slide also has an Amado water key, accepts Shires lead pipes and coms with a Shires T8 #1 lead pipe.  
The whole horn is "experienced" but is free of dents or other damage. The slide is outstanding. 
I've owned several top of the line .508 bore trombones, including Shires, 3B's and a Kanstul 1606. This Bolero performs right up there with the best of them. 
A "Bolero" search in the "Instruments" thread on this forum gives plenty of comments about Selmer Boleros and there are some comments which reference this particular instrument. 
For sale only, PayPal or money order. $900 + shipping within CONUS.
I have photos.
If interested in the horn, please PM me with offers, questions and/or photo requests. 
Thanks for looking!

The Bolero is getting a price reduction.

$825 + shipping within CONUS--Money order or Pay Pal only.

Nolabone

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2018, 02:14PM »

Price drop to $800.00 (firm) USPS Money order or Paypal.  Buyer pays shipping.

Nolabone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2018, 02:35PM »

Price drop to $800.00 (firm) USPS Money order or Paypal.  Buyer pays shipping.

Hope there are still some trombonists "on-the-fence" about this instrument. The price is still firm at $800 but I'll agree to go back to paying shipping within the lower 48. 

Nolabone

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2018, 04:45PM »

Hope there are still some trombonists "on-the-fence" about this instrument. The price is still firm at $800 but I'll agree to go back to paying shipping within the lower 48. 

ADDING A BIT OF VALUE TO THIS ALREADY GREAT HORN:  The Kanstul H8 lead pipe, which is here in the classifieds, adds another dimension to the Bolero. It enhances the horn's response and "dark-ness".  I'll add it to this deal for just $50 more. The adjusted price would be $850 including shipping in the lower CONUS.

(IF the H8 leadpipe sells separately, the price of the Bolero remains as stated in my last post...$800)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: