Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1097249 Posts in 72498 Topics- by 19558 Members - Latest Member: Shinbone021401
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumClassified AdvertisementsClassified Advertisements(Moderator: Greg Waits) Eb/Bb Trigger Alto Trombone (O'Malley)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eb/Bb Trigger Alto Trombone (O'Malley)  (Read 319 times)
terrihubble

"My Westie"

View Profile
« on: Jan 22, 2018, 12:12PM »

This is an O'Malley Professional Alto Trombone.

This horn is great for learning to play Alto Trombone. It has a removable Bb trigger attachement.

It has a dual bore in the keys of Eb and Bb and includes 2 lead pipes to accommodate a small or large bore mouthpiece (bore sizes are .523 and .547 with a 7.16 bell making for great tone quality).

As you learn to play the Eb side you can quickly get back to Bb trombone positions by simply utilizing the trigger..

Includes a lightweight, hard case and a 12C mouthpiece. Everything is brand new and in perfect shape.

The suggested retail price is $995 at O'Malley. I want to sell it for a great low price to someone who wants to quickly learn to play the alto trombone, so I'm only asking $800 plus shipping.  I don't know the exact amount the shipping will be but I'm guessing around $75 in the U.S.  I'll only charge what it costs to UPS it to you.
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2018, 09:24PM by terrihubble » Logged

"Any time you go through an experience emotionally with somebody, even a little dog, there's an attachment that goes beyond the intellect." -Frank Inn (Benji's, Lassie's, Arnold the Pig's trainer)
mr.deacon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2018, 03:00PM »

Are these rebadged Jinbao horns?

Minick Custom Bass Trombone, 1980's, Doug Elliott LB
Conn 8H, 1950's, Doug Elliott XT
Kanstul 975 Euph 2007, 11" GB Bell, Doug Elliott XT
Hammer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2018, 07:33PM »

Just letting you know, according to O'Malley's website, these go new for $995, with payment plans as well: https://omalleymusicalinstruments.com/shop/brass/trombones/omalley-alto-trombone-ebbb-trigger/. The $1595 retail price you're thinking of is probably just that typical high-end retail price made to look like you're scoring a great deal with the manufacturer and/or seller. I worked in retail a lot and saw this happen all the time. I have a lot of friends who saw the same thing while working in music stores as well. How much did you pay for this horn? A good rule of rule of thumb is lowering the price 5-10% lower than a major distributor if the horn is brand new. If it's used, then dropping the price 15-20% is a good start, lowering the price depending on how much wear and tear and/or repairs are needed. Would you also be able to give some feedback on the horn? Possibly comparing it to how other altos sound/feel? There's not much information out there on O'Malley's brand, seven on this forum, so a first-hand account would be a great insight to this brand.

Nothing's impossible, just mathematically improbable.
Corvus
Old Crow

"Caw"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:34PM »

These have been around for a while; another Jin Bao instrument. 

Jim Laabs Music in Stevens Point, WI has had this same model under the Schiller name for some years now.

"If men had wings and bore black feathers, few of them would be clever enough to be crows."
-- Henry Ward Beecher.
mr.deacon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2018, 09:00PM »

Wow! I've never seen a trill valve in the tenon like that before! Interesting!

Minick Custom Bass Trombone, 1980's, Doug Elliott LB
Conn 8H, 1950's, Doug Elliott XT
Kanstul 975 Euph 2007, 11" GB Bell, Doug Elliott XT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: