Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1097032 Posts in 72563 Topics- by 19541 Members - Latest Member: Zorgnot
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumHorns, Gear, and EquipmentInstruments(Moderators: tbone62, Greg Waits) B&S Meistersinger 14 vs Kuhnl & Hoyer Bolero
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: B&S Meistersinger 14 vs Kuhnl & Hoyer Bolero  (Read 1195 times)
Tim Dowling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: Jan 28, 2018, 04:15AM »

Hi

If you are looking at German hybrid style trombones,i.e. not traditional Konzertposaune... I'd have to say that one of the nicest I've ever tried was the Kromat CL 139. I preferred it to the B&S and Kühnl's I've tried. Lätzsch is also making a great hybrid trombone. These are more expensive I grant you. But the Kromat is a super stable and well made instrument.

Tim Dowling
Residentie Orchestra, The Hague
Royal Conservatory, The Hague
down8ve

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Jan 28, 2018, 04:28AM »

Here's a video for you, a whole section of Meistersingers. It is the promotional video for Phil Blech Wien, the guys in the Vienna Phil. I have two of their albums, absolutely terrific performances demonstrating a different take on what I always hear where I live (USA). Absolutely gorgeous sound.

https://youtu.be/fQY8jWPE5Fs

-Scott Moore

down8ve

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jan 28, 2018, 04:31AM »

And ditto on Trombone Szeged. What a great group!
Oxted

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Feb 12, 2018, 05:31AM »

The B&S horns are very nicely built but for me also have a very unique sound. Some people sound great on them, some not. What I do find is that they are a little less flexible within this sound and therefore would not recommened for someone still developing (usless you already have a very firm idea and everything works.)
Thank you very much for your comments. Would you have any recommendations of trombones for players whose sound is still developing?
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: