Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1096558 Posts in 72524 Topics- by 19537 Members - Latest Member: philthomas
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumTeaching & LearningHistory of the Trombone(Moderator: bhcordova) Looking for Shifrin's dissertation on 19th century orchestral trombone practice
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Looking for Shifrin's dissertation on 19th century orchestral trombone practice  (Read 545 times)
Bcschipper

View Profile WWW
« on: Jan 26, 2018, 10:50AM »

I am looking for a copy of

Shifrin, Ken (1999), "Orchestral Trombone Practice in the Nineteenth Century with Special Reference to the Alto Trombone." Ph.D diss., University of Oxford, UK.

Any idea where I could find it?

It is pity that nice scholarly work on trombone history seems not being easily available in public. Nice work should be read.
wkimball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2018, 05:43PM »

You could try Interlibrary Loan, but I see from WorldCat that there aren't many copies out there. I bet he would send you a copy if you emailed him.

Visit my website: Kimballtrombone
wkimball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2018, 05:47PM »

If you want it, I can message you his email address. He also uses manager Nigel Pennington, Kvalita@aol.com.

Visit my website: Kimballtrombone
Bcschipper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2018, 11:05PM »

You could try Interlibrary Loan, but I see from WorldCat that there aren't many copies out there. I bet he would send you a copy if you emailed him.

Thank you. Yes, I did interlibrary loan. But I hoped somebody has a pdf of it so that I can get it faster.

If you want it, I can message you his email address. He also uses manager Nigel Pennington, Kvalita@aol.com.

Thank you. I may ask you for his email address a little later if I don't get his thesis via interlibrary loan or when I have questions after reading it.

baroquetrombone

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2018, 08:30AM »

Man, I would LOVE to get my hands on this too. If someone locates a pdf, PLEASE make it available!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: