Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1089073 Posts in 71995 Topics- by 19326 Members - Latest Member: analyssalovesmusic4
Jump to:  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 193   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bunker 2005  (Read 330692 times)
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« on: Jan 01, 2005, 01:25AM »

Greetings, Bunker residents and new Forum members!

Welcome to the new version of the Forum's virtual bar/cafe/restaurant/pub. This is the place where you can drop in and discuss anything, topic miscellaneous. If you just feel like saying something, if you're happy or infuriated, or have a subject that you would like to discuss but don't want to start a whole new topic, come here and say it!

This place is called "The Bunker" because here we can hide from the world and escape from reality, just for a little while. Bunker 2003 gathered over 3600 posts, last year's a massive 6440 - I'd like to see this one do even better. Please don't be shy, the Bunker is open to all, no dress code necessary. No dress necessary at all....

Happy 2005, everybody!

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
Slides_Rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2005, 01:55AM »

Well, imagine me, first one with a shot at the new bunker...

I'm preparing avidly for my mission coming up...I take off for  the training center in  Horrors! a week and five days...got myself a new suit and a mack overcoat!

BTW, England-ers, do you all use different batteries than our US A, AA, AAA types?  And do debit/charge cards work any differently?  For sure, more emergency questions as ignorance comes along and rears its ugly head (again).

Happy 2k5!

Paul

All improvement is change, but not all change is improvement...
Graham Martin
Purveyor of 'HOT' Jazz

"Dixieland/Mainstream/Big Band"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2005, 02:13AM »

Checks décor to make sure there are not too many changes, settles on corner barstool and raises eyebrows expectantly.........

Grah

"May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay......forever young."
BoneyW

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2005, 03:07AM »

Happy new year everyone! Ah... I like the smell of a fresh and clean bunker  Grin What is this kareoke-machine doing there???
Graham Martin
Purveyor of 'HOT' Jazz

"Dixieland/Mainstream/Big Band"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2005, 03:37AM »

Everyone makes that mistake. It's actually our TARDIS. The outward appearance on a TARDIS is dictated by the Chameleon Circuit, a system designed to make a landing TARDIS as inconspicuous as possible. For example, a TARDIS arriving in Ancient Rome might take the form of a stone pillar or maybe a large water feature. Likewise, our TARDIS materializing in our publike bunker sometimes takes the shape of a karaoke machine.

It's my fault I often need to go back to the 30s, 40s and 50s to check some obscure hot jazz fact and I keep forgetting to shut the door - well it looks like a screen today but I can assure you it is a door.

The door of a TARDIS is actually a dimensional bridge which links the outside shell dimensions (which exists in the dimension that humans walk around in) with the pocket dimension that the interior of a TARDIS exists in. It's this separation of dimensions which is one of a TARDIS' main defensive assets.

Grah

"May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay......forever young."
Student1(gets an edwards)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2005, 04:30AM »

happy new year to everybody..
I was up until 5am in our time now it is 2 :30 pm here..and I am still tired..but anyway I just wanted to do one of the first  10 posts this year
BFW
Pun Gent

"Paronomasiacs Homonymous"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2005, 04:42AM »

Happy New Year, everyone!  Happy New Bunker, everyone!

Brian

Our supreme responsibility is the moral obligation to be intelligent. -- Oliver L. Reiser
tbone62
"Chief of Stuff"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2005, 04:53AM »

Happy New Year, Everyone!!!  The Bunker's looking good---ready for a whole new year of good company and good conversation!   Good!  Good! Cheers!!

-- Alea

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life--music and cats."  -- Albert Schweitzer

Alea iacta est...
Patrick Bates

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2005, 06:12AM »

Guess I'm getting old, went to bed by ten! Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here. Not a breath of wind, blue skies, snow almost all gone due to a high of 12c yesterday. Driveway was more than 2 feet deep a few days ago! This is a welcome break in the weather.Happy new year to all! I hope everyone gets the chance to play all they want as well as they want this year.

Last Bone
ParLawGod
The Man Who Doesn't Need a Title

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2005, 06:41AM »

Happy New Year everybody!  I went to bed at 3...ended up watching ALF and Star Trek: TNG re-runs most of the night, then I went online for a bit and got REALLY tired!
fin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2005, 07:32AM »

Hey, I'll chip in early in the '05 bunker.  "DuctTapedBones" and I did a New Year's Eve gig last night, DTB as the 3rd part sub, me in my usual lead spot.  DTB did great for a Spartan Marching Band fanatic/crazy.  A four set gig, formal wear the whole bit.  A classic big band setting.  We had a blast.  Nice way to start the new year!!

May everyone's year be a good one!! :)

so you want to jump out your trick bag....and ease on into a hip bag....but you ain't exactly sure what's hip..............
UGAbone4evr
RedNeck/Bass Trombonist

"That guy..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: Jan 01, 2005, 07:53AM »

Just trying to get a post on the first page of the new Bunker.  Maybe I'll try and keep up with the conversations this time...  Well anyway, I'll definately spend mroe time in the Bunker this year than last year (or at least try to).  

I'm sure after last nights party there must be tons of virtual glasses that need washing...  *heads to virtual kitchen*

Heath Williams
Bachelor of Music, UGA Class of 2010
Phi Mu Alpha - Epsilon Lambda Spring '06
ATA President
rlb
Demiurge

"Hails of derisive laughter, Bruce!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01, 2005, 08:51AM »

I bet we're the only pub in the multiverse with a Tardis.  Horrors!

*looks towards bar, sees William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton, and Jon Pertwee finishing off their black 'n' tans*

Holy Moses, and it WORKS...

Dr. Richard L. Byrd, Forum Director
Every man, wherever he goes, is encompassed by a cloud of comforting convictions, which move with him like flies on a summer day.
   --Bertrand Russell, 1950
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01, 2005, 08:51AM »

Hi all, and Happy New Year.

RHM, the place looks great.

Lets hope the new Bunker has as much good conversation as the last one.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch. President 2017-2018
denny seifried

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2005, 09:13AM »

Happy New Year, everyone! I had a nice gig last evening, which is the second year for it. The Dayton Philharmonic does a Viennes New Year Concert, and the nine-piece band I play in, plays for dancing, after the DPO concert. We started around 10:45 and went straight through to 1:00.

Hope all of you have a lot of Trombone Happiness, for 2005! Good!

Denny Seifried
Bass Trombone
Dayton Jazz Orchestra, Jazz Central Big Band, Mojo Brass & Springfield (OH) Symphony
BBb Tuba Ohio Valley British Brass Band (OVBBB) & Western Ohio Tuba Quartet
Adjunct Trombone-Wittenberg Univ. Dept. of Music
DuctTapedBones

"BadgerBadgerBadger"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: Jan 01, 2005, 09:33AM »

Looks good in here, RHM!

*Settles in, asks the bartender for a Coke and lime*

Played a great New Year's gig last night with fin and Andrew Meronek, and just relaxing for now till my friend and I go to a movie (it's her last day here before she goes back off to Canada for school).

We've got the Rose Parade on, and the Rose Bowl (it's the BIG college football game of the year) is this evening. I'm watching my big school rivals, University of Michigan, marching their band in the parade, and I'm hoping fervently that Texas will steamroller them.

I have a huge bet going on Texas . . .  :shuffle:

Great to see everyone in the Bunker, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!  Grin

DTB

Rocks, weather, and band.

I find the following defines college:
Given options sleep, academics, and social life. Pick two. Also play music.

"Old jazz players never die....
They just turn to soul...."
-RedHotMama
Yoj

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2005, 10:11AM »

Happy New Year, everybody.  My celebrations consisted of ordering Chinese food, and watching the first two seasons of Coupling on DVD, and vaguely noting it was 2005 about 20 minutes after midnight.  It was quite nice.  No driving with the psychos on the road.  I can see designated driver in my future. Good!

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."
Douglas Adams
Adurobone

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2005, 10:47AM »

Hey guys, Happy New year. Keep playing that jazz!

Everything is not yet lost
slick07

"Professional Slacker"

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2005, 11:09AM »

i woke up in time to get on the first page of the new bunker. drinks are on the house, right? wanna get that cleared up before i rack up a huge bill.  happy new year(again)!!

I don't know much of anything, but I try to be a good person.
Daniel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: Jan 01, 2005, 12:01PM »

Here we are -- Bunker 2005!  Fantastic.  I would like to take credit for suggesting, way back when, that we have yearly Bunkers, but I guess that's not worth mentioning right now.  ;-)

Last night was fun; my girlfriend and I played Monopoly, got a little too into the game, and ended up turning on "Dick Clark" at 12 seconds to (ABC) midnight.  Nonetheless, a good time was had by all.

Happy New Year!

Daniel
"Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers" -Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 193   Go Up
Print
Jump to: