Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1097092 Posts in 72568 Topics- by 19545 Members - Latest Member: cepatinog
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: pimples on my lips  (Read 6347 times)
« on: Nov 16, 2003, 08:39AM »

hi all,
i notice that my lips becomes red after practice with pimples all around that don't go even the next morning... is there any tip for that inconvenience?
Steve McGovern

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2003, 09:27AM »

Could this be an allergic reaction to the brass in the mouthpiece?  Is the plating starting to wear away?
brahmsnbach

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2003, 06:16PM »

It could also be a reaction to the silver, in which case you may want to try a gold plated mpce. If not that, there are always the lucite rims and such.

Pork is being bred leaner these days. Less fat equals less flavour. Just another of the great advances of mankind...flavourless pork. Hurrah for the apposable thumb.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2003, 03:54PM »

I can understand that... sorta. I'd get blind pimples or cold sores or something, and they would HURT. I still get them... but they don't hurt so much anymore...

I agree with them about the mouthpiece, your skin could have an allergic reaction. I've had bracelets that have done the same thing to me, from sweating and stuff... and certain metals could give you a little blue/green ring on your lips. (although I'm not sure which ones...)

How are you playing into the mouthpiece? Are you pressing onto the mouthpiece when you play? This most likely wouldn't CAUSE the problem, but could possibly make it worse... I know it did for me...
Frank B
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2003, 05:17PM »

when was the last time you cleaned your mouthpiece? if you can't answer that you probably want to  
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2003, 03:50AM »

hi guys ! i think the problem is from pressing too much onto the mounthpiece, coz when i began to "take it easy" my lips are much better, by the way i was cleaning the mouthpiece after every session coz i felt this could be also a reason
c u
Tralle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2003, 12:20PM »

I played a four hour gig with a zit on my lip a while ago.  Two songs in I was in tears.  After a while I didn't feel pain anymore.  Not something I would recomend if you can avoid it though.

Andrew Tralle
http://andrewtralle.com
Music Education and Performance Major at University of Minnesota Morris
Lead Bone - UMM Jazz I
Principal Trombone - UMM Concert Band
Brian Ruff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2003, 03:43AM »

could just be acne. But after i play the simplist notes my lips get red but the redness goes away after 10-15 mins
check with a doc. on this u may be alergic to the brass.

BrianRuff
BWarner
Formerly Phantom_Boner

"Once more, this time with feeling."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2003, 08:29AM »

ow! i know how that feels--i too, just recently had a pimple on the top of my upper lip, and we had a christmas concert to do, and you do the math--
  hurting pimple+concert=major ouch!.
Mine just went away, thank the heavens. and you're right, pushing the mouthpiece sometimes does that--i used to do the same thing, and it happened to me too.

o, and frank, im  s'posed  to clean my mouthpiece?????????????    good god, i wonder whats living in there!! but for some reason, i never get seamonkees.................

Brian Warner
HuskerTX

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2003, 06:40PM »

The speedy way I've found to make them go away is witch hazel astringent. Just slather it on and you cut the healing time in half. Also, there's a prescription medicine called Abreva that is good, too, but the astringent works in a pinch if you can't see a doctor. If you use it when you first notice you might be getting a zit, it'll only actually hurt for maybe a day, if that.

The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music... they should be taught to love it instead.
-Igor Stravinsky
raymond_choo_mh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Feb 04, 2004, 11:13PM »

i had this junior once who was alergic to the trombone. the skin above the lips was like, red with "rashes", hope urs is not like that.  :)
Brian Ruff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2004, 06:58AM »

i have that same problem but the red above goes away in wbout 2 or 3 minutes u probally alergic to the mouth piece if the rash isn't going away.

BrianRuff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: