Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1057093 Posts in 70437 Topics- by 18342 Members - Latest Member: hotwing
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just For Beginners Resource  (Read 37343 times)
jmings

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2009, 04:26PM »

Here for your enjoyment  Hi are the major scales in  Tenor Clef  Alto Clef and  .
They were created using bash shell and the linux abc* utilities.

Jerry the Dinosaur-Phoenix
jmings

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Feb 20, 2010, 09:19PM »

Well, I done it again.
Here are all Major & relative minor scales in Treble, alto, tenor and bass clefs.

Skip those bars outside your range  ;-)

This should be usefull gor those who want to reference "the other clefs".

If you like it, let me know and if there's anything you'd like transcribed.  Alto Clef  Yeah, RIGHT. 

Jerry the Dinosaur-Phoenix
hahkeystah

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Jan 14, 2011, 12:50PM »

Hi

2. What mouthpiece would you suggest for that type of music? Mine doesn't have a number on it, just the name, and Paris.

Thanks for your help!!

i actually used my bach 12c for jazz.  i was more able to make octave jumps with it, over the 6 1/2AL i used for classical/symphonic stuff.
kingtrumpet

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Jan 08, 2012, 09:16AM »

I am here learning about the trombone.  I have a OLDS MODEL LA from the 1940's, and it sounds great (at least the few notes I have) --- OH, yeah I am a comeback trumpet player for the last 3 years ---BUT many a trumpet player on another forum indicates that the trombone will improve a trumpet players endurance and such.  James Morrison, Maynard Ferguson, are some names touted as great trumpet players -- but they are(were) monster trombone players also  Amazed Amazed Amazed
PhilS

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Mar 29, 2013, 11:45AM »

Is there a place on the forum for listings of people who give lessons in particular geographic area or types of playing? I am picking up a horn after a couple of decades, and would like to get some guidance so I don't learn some new bad habits to accompany the bad habits I had from long ago. And I'd like to shift my focus from orchestral/symphonic band stuff toward smaller ensemble playing. 
bhcordova
Wielder of the Cat Litter Scoop

"Carpe Felix"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: Mar 31, 2013, 03:44PM »

PhilS,

Check out the Pedagogy section.  If you make a post there, you will probably find someone.

Billy Cordova, MBA
Forum Administrator
bcordova@tromboneforum.org

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! - Lewis Carroll

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup - Anon.

St. Cecilia, pray for us.
solomarce1

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Apr 09, 2013, 08:44AM »

http://www.youtube.com/user/nyjazzacademy/videos?view=0&flow=grid
In the link above, you will fine many theory classes for beginners and some licks, and cool approaches to some things that are a little more advanced.
The diminish scale approach from these videos is great. Javier Arau the director of NYJA, teaches it in a way that you will find it simple, and never forget it.
JonathanPhillips

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: Mar 23, 2014, 02:59PM »

Here for your enjoyment  Hi are the major scales in  Tenor Clef  Alto Clef and  .
They were created using bash shell and the linux abc* utilities.

Thanks for posting this. I am a VERY RAW beginner, 55 years old. My current instrument is the trumpet and am also starting the trombone at the suggestion of my teacher (a trumpeter and trombonist). Fun!!! Grin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: