Is this a blood clot?

(1/6) > >>

slidemasterx:
For the past few years that I've been playing, I have these small bumps/balls on my lower inner lip but is has never bothered me that much. When I was practicing last night, my lower lip suddenly hurt. The feeling was like when you over practiced and you get a pinching feeling. I though it was weird because I only practiced for 40 mins the morning of that day. For the past week I've only been practicing for 1 1/2 hours so I'm not overplaying.

So last night I decided to not continue practicing and give it a rest. I didn't touch my trombone today in the morning but I tried to practice this afternoon and the pain was still there. When I looked at my lips, there was that ball shaped thing again but bigger, about the size of a pellet and it was where the pain was coming from. I don't press my lips too hard when I practice. Could this probably be a blood clot? Has anyone else here experienced this? thanks

cotboneman:
Hi Slidemasterx,

You should see a doctor about this as soon as possible.  It could be almost anything, and as well meaning as the folks are on our forum, this is not the place for a medical diagnosis!  Good luck to you (and here's hoping it's only a boil).

fishbonk:
Hopefully it's just a sebaceous cyst, or a deep pimple (boil). But pain is natures way of telling you to go to the doctor!

Legacy257:
Is it normal to have small bumps like this in your lips, because they are in my bottom lip and some at the very top inside of my lip in my mouth... thanks

slidemasterx:
Quote from: "Legacy257"

Is it normal to have small bumps like this in your lips, because they are in my bottom lip and some at the very top inside of my lip in my mouth... thanks

I always wanted to know this also. The pain is gone from what I mentioned in my first post but the bumps are there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page