Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1080563 Posts in 71520 Topics- by 19056 Members - Latest Member: Coleman25
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swing on Sibelius?  (Read 1327 times)
slidemasterx

View Profile
« on: May 09, 2006, 01:35AM »

I set the swing setting on Sibelius 4 to regular swing but I noticed that that 16th notes were affected as well. What I did was to temporarily put a new tempo marking (straight) on parts that had 16th notes.

The problem is when there is another instrument playing 8th notes where I put the straight  marking above the melody playing 16th notes. Has anyone else experienced this? How do you set swing 8ths without the 16ths being affected? thanks

Yamaha ysl-356g w/ Yamaha 48
sugarbone
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 02:11PM »

Don't bother with markings. The swing eighths are implied when you write a tune in the "jazz" idiom. If you wanted straight eighths you would have to mark that.
Todd Jonz
Department of Redundancy Department

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2006, 03:23PM »

slidemasterx asks:

> How do you set swing 8ths without the 16ths being affected?

Are you running Sib4?  If so, the "dynamic parts" feature might allow you to modify the playback characteristics of the 16th notes on one part without effecting the 8th notes in another part.  Otherwise, I think you're out of luck.  AFAIK either Sibelius swings or it doesn't, and when it swings, it swings everything.

Have you registered at TromboneChat.com yet?
sugarbone
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 02:25PM »

SORRY! I thought you were talking about notation exclusively. For playback I'm not sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: