Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087334 Posts in 72018 Topics- by 19243 Members - Latest Member: CABurton159
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mac'N'Cheese  (Read 27076 times)
salsabone

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Jun 09, 2015, 05:22PM »

RHM - I understand your plight!!  My mother, who was born in Belfast in 1937 had never had spaghetti until her 2nd year here in the US in 1962 when a fellow piano tuner invited her and my father(the other piano tuner) to dinner and served it to them! She then went on to figure out her own homemade sauce recipe.  it still works for me!

Go for the The Topper you wimps!!!
BiggieSmalls

"Visit my studio in Santa Fe, NM!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: Jul 26, 2015, 09:39AM »

For any mac & cheese lovers who live in or near (or will be visiting) Albuquerque, NM, or San Luis Obispo, CA, in August, there are gourmet Mac & Cheese Festivals in both places:

http://www.themacandcheesefest.com/

"If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise."- William Blake

"Inspiration is for amateurs. The rest of us just show up for work."- Chuck Close
Paul Martin

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sep 02, 2015, 03:12PM »

I generally just make the cheese sauce whisking together flour, milk, and butter - add smoked salt, pepper, bacon, paprika, and a couple dashes of hot sauce, and then put in a nice blend of cheeses. Maybe an egg if I want to cover with cheese and bake. Otherwise, toss heavily with noodles and serve. Easy Peasy and never gotten anything but "oh, this is good!"

This is more-or-less my family's recipe, I also cook the noodles in vegetable bouillon, add Old Bay seafood spice and either lobster or crab meat, mix noodles and sauce in a casserole dish which creates a lot of surface area (love those crunchy bits, sprinkle hard cheddar on top, and then bake the whole sucker @ 350 F for 30 minutes or so (It's already all cooked, it's just getting a certain crunchiness to the noodles).
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: