Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1087334 Posts in 72018 Topics- by 19243 Members - Latest Member: CABurton159
Jump to:  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Community Cookbook  (Read 27184 times)
Todd Jonz
Department of Redundancy Department

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball."

View Profile
« on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:04AM »

As some of you may have noticed already, the Forum now features a new drop-down menubar, and one of the new features you'll find under the Goodies button is an item labelled Community Cookbook.  If you haven't done so already, check it out.  In its current incarnation the cookbook should be considered a prototype.  It is currently populated with some recipes from my own cookbook, which includes one recipe Red Hot Mama posted in this Forum way back when!  These recipes are essentially occupying space right now so that you can get the idea of how the cookbook works.

Depending on its reception here, we hope to populate the cookbook with recipes posted to this forum.  Before we do this, however, there are a lot of questions to be answered.  For example, is this really something that people will use?  Do we include every recipe posted?  (Unlikely, since I'm the guy who has to format them and install them on the server.)  Do we include only the best recipes posted here?  If so, who decides which recipes are the best ones?  How do the deciders decide?

Feel free to discuss these questions amongst yourselves in this thread.  Your thoughts will be valuable to the staff as we discuss them amongst ourselves.
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2007, 06:57AM by RedHotMama » Logged

Have you registered at TromboneChat.com yet?
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2007, 02:27AM »

What I don't want is for the existence of the Cookbook, which is an excellent idea and will make the recipes much easier to print out and use, to preclude discussions in the Food and Drink section. However, I see no reason why it should.

My own inclination would be just to incorporate the properly written recipes which appear in the F&D section. If a member would like his/her recipes to be included, then these should comprise a list of ingredients and amounts and then clear instructions on what to do, as exemplified by the recipes already shown in the Cookbook. This will make the work easier for Todd with the formatting and installing. Obviously, there will be many occasions when Member 1 posts a recipe here in F&D, it's copied by the "deciders" to the Cookbook, and then Member 2, back here in F&D, says "Yes, that was good, but I replaced ingredient X with ingredient Y and it was terrific". I don't think there's much we can do about that.

I have my own ideas, from recent postings in this section, on who would be good at deciding what goes in. Todd, I'll answer your PM when I've got a bit of legit work done this morning!

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
bonearzt

"UTEP Alumni/Legend in my own mind!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2007, 05:28AM »

If a member would like his/her recipes to be included, then these should comprise a list of ingredients and amounts and then clear instructions on what to do, as exemplified by the recipes already shown in the Cookbook. This will make the work easier for Todd with the formatting and installing.

Todd,  maybe you or someone could create a permanent template for people to use to submit their receipes for the cookbook.
Then it's already formatted makng it a snap for you to add it to the list.

I like the addition.  I'm always looking for new stuff to cook, and also have some easy receipe's to share some day.

Great job Todd!!

Thanks!

Eric

Eric, Leandra, Sara, Jared & Lily
Edwards
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price has faded!"
"If you're doing something a certain way ONLY because it's always been done that way,  you're probably doing it wrong!"
SLewis

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:12PM »

This CC is a good idea.  The allrecipes.com has multiple listings for each recipe, like sara's cheescake, best brownies 2, etc. with rating stars and opinions of the recipes.  The original author's recipe stays the same. 
Oh yeah, I like pictures with the recipe.
A template would be good.

If hummingbirds were the size of crows,
it wouldn't be safe to go in the woods.
-Ogden Nash
rlb
Demiurge

"Hails of derisive laughter, Bruce!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:18PM »

*reads all the suggestions for improvement, gloats mildly*

Welcome to my world, Jonzie!   Evil

Dr. Richard L. Byrd, Forum Director
Every man, wherever he goes, is encompassed by a cloud of comforting convictions, which move with him like flies on a summer day.
   --Bertrand Russell, 1950
Todd Jonz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:33PM »

Richard writes:

> *reads all the suggestions for improvement, gloats mildly*
>
> Welcome to my world, Jonzie!

Been there before, feels like old times -- except this time I don't have a pointy-haired V.P. of something-or-other breathing down my neck, which is a refreshing change.

BTW, I've opened a Cookbook bugs and RFEs thread in Comments & Suggestions in which folks are invited to post bug reports and requests for enhancement.  The first post in that thread will serve as a sort of status page as well.  And if a bug or RFE ain't written up in that thread, I haven't heard about it.  ;-)

STORK5S

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2007, 01:25PM »

How about, since we are all trombonists and incredibly busy, adding a section of 5 min. meals (or so)....those being meals that you can prepare quickly, say, prepare and eat in 1/2 hour or less?  That would be good for those busy gigging trombonists, college students and professors, and those that just don't want to spend a load of time cooking.  Just a thought....

Chris Dobbins
Director of Instrumental Activities
Washington and Lee University
Assistant Director of the International Trombone Festival
rlb
Demiurge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2007, 05:10PM »

How about, since we are all trombonists and incredibly busy, adding a section of 5 min. meals (or so)....those being meals that you can prepare quickly, say, prepare and eat in 1/2 hour or less?  That would be good for those busy gigging trombonists, college students and professors, and those that just don't want to spend a load of time cooking.  Just a thought....

That is a very practical idea...I sense a navigation upgrade coming for cookbook.tromboneforum.org...

Every man, wherever he goes, is encompassed by a cloud of comforting convictions, which move with him like flies on a summer day.
   --Bertrand Russell, 1950
Todd Jonz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2007, 06:10PM »

> > ...adding a section of 5 min. meals...
>
> I sense a navigation upgrade coming for cookbook.tromboneforum.org

See the second RFE under consideration in Cookboook bugs & RFEs.  Added that one late last night.  My quest, alas, will be for the "low-fat" tags.  8-(

Todd Jonz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2007, 03:49PM »

I am pleased to announce that the the prototype of the Community Cookbook has been replaced by the first "official" release of the Cookbook, which contains 56 recipes culled from the Food & Drink archives.  These recipes were contributed by the following 26 community members:

BorisT72, CraigDanco, Dennis K., Derek Ream, Dubya, Evil Ronnie, Frank B, Labrat, MoMoHAH!, Nestor Z., RedHotMama, SLewis, The Sheriff, Thomas Matta, Todd Jonz, Tom Webb, Woolworth, bonearzt, brucejackson, evan51, fsgazda, john sanderhagen, lanemartin, play_louder, rlb, and zemry.

The Cookbook's Help page contains the following mission statement and description of how recipes will be selected for publication on an ongoing basis:

The TTF Community Cookbook is an ongoing, collaborative project undertaken by the denizens of the "Food & Drink" section of  The Trombone Forum. The recipes in the Cookbook originally appeared in the "Food & Drink" forum and were selected for inclusion in the Cookbook by a panel of editors.

If you have a recipe that you'd like to have considered for inclusion in the Cookbook, just post it in "Food & Drink". The panel of editors will consider recipes not only on their culinary merits, but also on their organization (e.g. ingredients listed individually), completeness (e.g. specific measurements, cooking times, etc.), and clarity (which is best achieved using proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.)

New recipes will be accepted for publication upon the recommendation of at least two editors and added to the Cookbook on a periodic basis. Recipes will be published in the cookbook without the explicit consent of their contributors (the act of posting a recipe in "Food & Drink" will be considered implicit consent.) All recipes are subject to copy editing prior to publication.

A recipe may be removed from the cookbook at the request of its submitter, at the request of an individual or agency asserting intellectual property rights in the recipe, or at the discretion of the editors or the TTF staff.

The current Cookbook editors are RedHotMama (in her ex officio capacity as Mistress of Food and Drink), evan51, and Dennis K.  A quick round of applause, please, for their efforts in pulling together this initial batch of recipes!

Feel free to discuss the the process of recipe selection and publication in this thread, but please be sure to post all bug reports (including typos) and requests for enhancement in the Cookbook bugs and RFEs thread in Comments & Suggestions ('cause that's where I'll look for 'em!)

Dennis K.
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2007, 09:32PM »

Todd - It looks great!  A big round of applause for the time you put in.  Terrific effort!
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2007, 01:36AM »

Hear hear!

That's brilliant, Todd, and thanks for all your hard work in putting this together.

In vodka veritas
bonearzt

"UTEP Alumni/Legend in my own mind!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2007, 07:01AM »

A HUGE toast of Guinness to Todd & our moderators!!!

Thanks for a superb effort!

Eric

Eric, Leandra, Sara, Jared & Lily
Edwards
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price has faded!"
"If you're doing something a certain way ONLY because it's always been done that way,  you're probably doing it wrong!"
Thomas Matta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2007, 06:39PM »

Cheers, Todd! Beautiful job!

Thomas Matta
Associate Professor of Jazz Studies, DePaul University
www.tommattabigband.com
STORK5S

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2007, 09:33PM »

A HUGE toast of Guinness to Todd & our moderators!!!

Thanks for a superb effort!

Eric

I second that!  Wonderful job!  I'll be submitting some recipes soon...as soon as I get around to formatting the dang things (or at least typing them up :) )

Chris Dobbins
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2007, 10:02PM »

Excellent! Keep submitting those recipes! I've already linked all the ones which came in today (including my own!), so if they are seconded, these will appear in Todd's periodic (monthly?) update.

In vodka veritas
tbone62
"Chief of Stuff"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Feb 04, 2007, 03:39PM »

The cookbook looks great!  Many thanks to Todd for all the hard work on the cookbook software (and for those initial yummy recipes), to the cookbook editors and to everyone who's contributing such wonderful recipes.  This is really a lot of fun and a great resource, and it looks so nice!   Good!   

-- Alea

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life--music and cats."  -- Albert Schweitzer

Alea iacta est...
rlb
Demiurge

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: Feb 05, 2007, 04:23PM »

made...balsamic...pork...in...TTFcookbook...for.. .dinner...tonight

ate...too...much...can't...move...

:)

--Bertrand Russell, 1950
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2007, 02:16AM »

I *like* this Cookbook! :)

Just FYI, Todd is working on some new features, including a drop-down menu (!), and I've already nominated *eleven* recipes this month.  Good!

In vodka veritas
STORK5S

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Feb 06, 2007, 07:33AM »

Here's a good, quick, easy dip recipe that is sure to satisfy:

1 can deviled ham
1 jar Pimento Cheese
1 tabelspoon (generous) of Miracle Whip
A dash of onion salt.

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and chill.  Serve with chips or crackers.  Is great morning, noon, and night!

I know it doesn't sound great with the deviled ham in there...but trust me....you've GOT to try it.

Chris Dobbins
play_louder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:21PM »

rlb's post got me thinking that it would be nice to be able to also add comments form people who had actually followed recipes into the cookbook too - so you could see what other people who made it thought of it. It woudl give me more confidence in a recipe, particularly a complex one, if I could also see some comments from other users who had made stuff.

<edit>

Oooh, a page topper! Hurrah! Sing it!
Todd Jonz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Mar 02, 2007, 06:41AM »

On behalf of the editors (who, by the way, have recently been joined by BFW -- welcome aboard, Brian!) I am pleased to announce that the Community Cookbook has been updated with 19 new recipes contributed during the month of February by BFW, bonearzt, bonnet, cnubandgeek, Dennis K., Evil Ronnie, RedHotMama, slideorama, tbone62, Thomas Matta, Todd Jonz, and WaltTrombone.  In addition to this new content, several functional and feature changes have been incorporated into this release of the Cookbook:

*  The Forum toolbar has been replaced with a Cookbook toolbar.  The <Print> and <Help> buttons have been moved from the bottom of the page to the toolbar.  The toolbar includes a <View> button which allows the cookbook index to be viewed by category (like the old index), contributor, or publication date.

*  The cookbook index now contains an "accordion list" of expanding and collapsing sections.  This conserves space in the index and makes it easier to navigate, especially as the contents of the cookbook grow.  It also looks kinda cool, too.

*  The help page has been divided into multiple help pages accessible via the <Help> button in the toolbar, and a welcome page has been added.

*  Minor changes have been made in the formatting of recipes:  ingredients are separated by a bit more space; header elements now right-align correctly; character spacing in the title has been increased slightly.

Look for another release of the Cookbook sometime around the first of next month....

cnubandgeek
Barbecue Jedi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Mar 02, 2007, 02:19PM »

This is the first time I've looked at the cookbook in a while, and I must say it looks fantastic!  And I'm thrilled to have a recipe in there.  Hooray for food!  :D :D :D

Doing my best to increase my collection of shiny things....
tbone62
"Chief of Stuff"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Mar 02, 2007, 07:14PM »

It is pretty cool to have a recipe on there!  :D  And the cookbook interface looks wonderful!  Great job!  Good!

****gleefully planning tomorrow's menu***** 

-- Alea

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life--music and cats."  -- Albert Schweitzer

Alea iacta est...
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: Mar 03, 2007, 10:27AM »

I'm really pleased to be associated with this project. :) And I agree that the format looks great.

OK, folks, keep those recipes rolling in! I will nominate all well-written recipes. 

In vodka veritas
Dennis K.
« Reply #25 on: Mar 05, 2007, 07:36AM »

Absolutely!  Keep them coming in!

"Well Written" means:
Ingredients, quantity and prep method.
Clear sequential instructions.

Feel free to include useless and interesting trivia about the ingredients, the prep, or the setting in which the dish was served - Those things tend to add flavor to the cook book!
Todd Jonz

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Apr 11, 2007, 03:22PM »

The TTF Community Cookbook has been updated with 19 new recipes posted in the Food & Drink forum during the month of March (and perhaps early April) by cnubandgeek, Dennis K., evan51, Graham Martin, Joe_Guarr, Mahler_Bone, ncmike1, play_louder, and RedHotMama.  This brings the total number of recipes in the Cookbook to 94.

Look for another batch of recipes to appear in the Cookbook around the first of next month -- just like today is "around" the first of this month!  ;-)

[ This message has been cross-posted to the Announcements forum. ]

RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: Apr 11, 2007, 10:35PM »

Congratulations to all contributers.

Please keep those recipes coming! Good!

Oh, and please remember to let us all know when you try one out (for better or worse.... Grin )

In vodka veritas
Todd Jonz

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2007, 02:10PM »

The TTF Community Cookbook has been updated and now contains 103 recipes, including nine new recipes contributed during the month of April by BariTrom, cnubandgeek, cotboneman, faskissimo, RedHotMama, Woolworth, and zemry.

Look for another update to the Community Cookbook sometime around the first of next month.

RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: Jul 11, 2007, 04:59AM »

TTF's Community Cookbook has been updated with 14 new recipes, bringing the total to 116. This month's contributers are BFW, brucejackson, Dennis K., Evil Ronnie, mpwfoot, play_louder, RedHotMama, SLewis, slick07 and Thomas Matta. Many thanks to all of you, and to all previous contributers, for making this such a valuable resource.

http://cookbook.tromboneforum.org/

Don't be shy about making a contribution! All well-written recipes (i.e. those which include a list of ingredients and some sort of methodology) posted in the Food and Drink section will be nominated for inclusion by Brian and myself, and formatted by Todd Jonz (thanks, Todd!).

Also, when you try one of these recipes, please let us know how it turns out and whether you have any suggestions for alternative ingredients, variations, improvements etc.

In vodka veritas
Graham Martin
Purveyor of 'HOT' Jazz

"Dixieland/Mainstream/Big Band"

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Jul 20, 2007, 04:18PM »

Just a small question guys.... Why are all the main dishes under the heading of 'Entree'? Methinks we are a heading short.

Grah

"May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay......forever young."
BFW
Pun Gent

"Paronomasiacs Homonymous"

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Jul 20, 2007, 05:01PM »

I know that, in France, an entree is something between the hors d'oeuvre and the plat (main dish), but, in the US, an entree is a main dish.  I gather the American version of entree is not shared with other English speaking nations.  That never occurred to me; I thought it was an English vs French distinction.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mjw/FOOD/entree.html

Brian

Our supreme responsibility is the moral obligation to be intelligent. -- Oliver L. Reiser
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: Jul 21, 2007, 12:28AM »

I would personally have used the term "Main Course". However, I'm not as good a cook as Todd!

In vodka veritas
Graham Martin
Purveyor of 'HOT' Jazz

"Dixieland/Mainstream/Big Band"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Jul 23, 2007, 01:00AM »

I know that, in France, an entree is something between the hors d'oeuvre and the plat (main dish), but, in the US, an entree is a main dish.  I gather the American version of entree is not shared with other English speaking nations.  That never occurred to me; I thought it was an English vs French distinction.

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mjw/FOOD/entree.html

Amazed I can't believe that I lived in the U.S. and never knew that.

Entrees are often the more interesting dishes. I will sometimes go into a restaurant and see something on the entree menu that I really like, order a main course sized entree and skip the main course. So maybe I do have some American habits after all.

Grah

"May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
May you stay......forever young."
JimLeff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Oct 16, 2007, 03:20PM »

Brother and Sister Boneists:

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help with this project.

Jim Leff
Chowhound.com
For Those Who Live To Eat
Thomas Matta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: Oct 16, 2007, 07:26PM »

Hi Jim - welcome!

Is it the cookbook that made you join us?

Thomas Matta
Associate Professor of Jazz Studies, DePaul University
www.tommattabigband.com
Evil Ronnie

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: Oct 16, 2007, 09:18PM »

Brother and Sister Boneists:

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help with this project.

Jim Leff
Chowhound.com
For Those Who Live To Eat

You can start by giving us a few of your favorite recipes.

Good to see you here, Jim.

Evil

Ron Rosenbaum CEC
Chef Tournant, Everglades Club, Palm Beach, FL
Shires independent (BI2RGLW)
Holton  TR-180

"Use plenty of onions...they're very cheap!"  Otto Svenson
JimLeff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Oct 17, 2007, 04:23PM »

Thomas, yeah, running Chowhound takes insane energy, so I don't have time to do much leisure-time forum participation. But someone wrote in to hip me to your cookbook project, and I figured I'd see if there was any way I could assist.

Evil Ronnie, ok, I can cough up a recipe or two, but bear in mind that 1. I'm a restaurant guy rather than a cooking expert, and 2. when I cook for myself, it's usually pretty basic and hippy/healthful.  So don't expect anything great! But I do have a couple of interesting things I make that may inform and amuse. Let me whip them together. Shall I just post them right here?

If you guys ever need a forward written or anything like that, I can write up something amusing, discussing issues like back pressure cookers, wild bore, cheeze doodle tonguing...man, I'm making mySELF grimace! Somebody stop me...
Evil Ronnie

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Oct 17, 2007, 09:22PM »

Jim,

You humbly say that you're not much of a cook, but with your background, I for one am looking forward to what you have to say.

I seem to remember your recipe for matzo brei and a great report on knishes from Chowhound.

Hippy-healthful is great. We have some few folks here that contribute along those lines. The Sherriff comes to mind.

I hope you hang around here for a while. Perhaps you'll want to post under new topics. You'll figure it out I'm sure.

And let us know what kind of playing you're doing, your equipment for the gear heads, etc...

Evil

Ron Rosenbaum CEC
Chef Tournant, Everglades Club, Palm Beach, FL
Shires independent (BI2RGLW)
Holton  TR-180

"Use plenty of onions...they're very cheap!"  Otto Svenson
JimLeff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Oct 24, 2007, 07:17AM »

where do we post actual recipes? is that what you meant by 'start a new thread", i.e. start a new thread for each recipe?

thanks!

RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: Oct 24, 2007, 10:23AM »

Where do we post actual recipes? is that what you meant by 'start a new thread", i.e. start a new thread for each recipe?

Hi there, Jim! Hi Thank you for your interest in TTF's Cookbook.

Members either start a new topic about a food subject or post in existing topics. Many of these posts will just be comments, but some will be actual recipes. I read all of these posts and make a note of the recipes, which are then formatted and added to the Cookbook every couple of months (thanks, Todd!). We're just about to have another Cookbook update.

Please feel free to start topics in the Food and Drink section or add to existing ones!

In vodka veritas
WaltTrombone
Former Titler of Teh Bick!

"Ein Prosit, ein Prosit, der Gemütlichkeit!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: Oct 25, 2007, 07:39AM »

Yup, either start a new thread, or tack in on to a relevant topic.

Walter Barrett
http://www.walterbarrett.com/
Yamaha Artist/Clinician
Alto, Tenor, Bass Trombones
Bass Trumpet
Euphonium, Tuba
play_louder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: Nov 06, 2009, 10:45PM »

Has the cookbook project stalled? Seems like there aren't many new recipes in there...
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: Nov 07, 2009, 03:50AM »

Good question, PL.

The Cookbook is hosted on the part of the site that can only be accessed by RLB. I'm afraid the staff can't get at it to update it.

I am saving all the new recipes in the appropriate corner of the Moderator's Corner, but I don't know when we'll be able to get them in.

:(

In vodka veritas
Todd Jonz

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Nov 07, 2009, 11:54AM »

RHM writes:

> The Cookbook is hosted on the part of the
> site that can only be accessed by RLB. I'm
> afraid the staff can't get at it to update it.

It wouldn't be a big deal to install the Cookbook on a new server.  I have a copy of the most recent software and most of the content (I may not have the recipes added in the last release, but Brian did all the document prep for that release and may have copies.)  The links to the Cookbook on TTF would still point to the old, stale edition (unless the site owner deigned to drop by for two minutes and change them), but moving the Cookbook to a new server would at least make it possible to get the project back on the tracks and roll out a new edition.

Is there sufficient interest in the Cookbook to make an endeavor like this worthwhile?

tbone62
"Chief of Stuff"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Nov 07, 2009, 12:12PM »

Is there sufficient interest in the Cookbook to make an endeavor like this worthwhile?

I know I certainly enjoy the cookbook and would like to see it continue.  :)  There are some great recipes in there!  Good! 

-- Alea

Alea iacta est...
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: Nov 08, 2009, 02:14AM »

I have shortcuts saved for 43 new recipes, about half of which Brian has already formatted. I'm poised to edit. I LIKE this project and am keen for it to thrive.

In vodka veritas
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: