Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

923769 Posts in 60487 Topics- by 14502 Members - Latest Member: keybone
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumTown HallHouse Rules(Moderators: rlb, blast, BFW) "Spoiler" guideline
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Spoiler" guideline  (Read 129457 times)
rlb
Demiurge

"Hails of derisive laughter, Bruce!"

View Profile WWW
« on: Jul 21, 2007, 03:41PM »

I am surprised that such a guideline should need to be promulgated, but it does, so here 'tis.

The short version of the TTF spoiler guideline is thus:  Don't post them. It's rude and a bit egotistical. 

Sure, you can put "***SPOILER****" in the subject line, but if you read the Forum via RSS or the User Center/Most Recent Posts link on the dropdown menus, you automatically get a big hunk of the post without clicking on anything further.

If you MUST post material that highlights that you've "got the goods" before anyone else, simply make a post that reads "I have all the good spoilers on XXXXXX, PM me for details!"  That way, no one can accidentally read your post.

Henceforth, any spoilers of recent releases ("recent" being loosely defined as "hasn't been out a full month yet") will simply be deleted.  I'd rather them not be posted to start with.

Thank you,
Richard

Dr. Richard L. Byrd, Forum Director
Every man, wherever he goes, is encompassed by a cloud of comforting convictions, which move with him like flies on a summer day.
   --Bertrand Russell, 1950
Thomas Matta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2007, 04:48PM »

Yes!

Thomas Matta
Associate Professor of Jazz Studies, DePaul University
www.thomasmatta.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: