Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1086890 Posts in 71947 Topics- by 19229 Members - Latest Member: Alfred
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-Chat(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) How to behave on an internet forum
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How to behave on an internet forum  (Read 43153 times)
JonnoBrittain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: Apr 08, 2009, 06:24AM »

TOP TEN WAY TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY ON THE TROMBONE FORUM

1. Use lots and lots of netspeak, like OMG, LOL, ZOMG! and ROTFLMAO. Everyone finds this so funny and cute! It’s a sure way to make lots and lots of friends (IMO).

2. never ever use punctuation it just slows down the pace of your post and makes everything so much easier to read and you can get your point across faster and it makes it seem like you have so many ideas you cant get them out fast enough

3. If you start to lose an argument on logical grounds, you can always get back in the game by calling the other guy a liberal.

4. Pass yourself off as an “expert” on whatever the topic is. We all really, really respect the many degrees and vast educational experience of anonymous posters, so bring that up often.

5. Whenever possible, your posts should include references to smoking, abortion, atheism or gun control. These topics are “Forum Gold”!

6. Make personal attacks a part of your daily goals. It’s the best way to ensure a quick response to your posts. Always question the other guy's politics, religion, morals and/or sexual orientation. References to the horse he rode in on are good as well.

7. When you run out of ideas to support your position, just mention Nazis or Hitler. Better still, put these references in your signature or banner. More is better!

8. People love long, looong, loooonng posts. The longer the better. If you can’t say it in three or four sentences it’s probably not worth saying. Better yet, copy and paste long posts from other websites (but never, ever give credit to the original author. This makes you seem wishy-washy). Also, be sure to keep really long posts all in one block without any paragraph breaks. For added emphasis, write everything IN ALL CAPS or bold face or italics. IT GOES WITHOUT SAYING THAT THIS IS THE MOST EFFECTIVE FORM OF WRITING YOUR POST!!! OMG!!!

9. speling and gramer is optianal also

10. Jack up your post count by replying with such pearls of wisdom as “I agree” or “+1”. It’s a well-known fact that post count is directly related to penis size. If you’re a woman, it’s directly related to…penis size. I dunno, YOU figure it out.

ZOMFG +1.

Man, I'm gettin' it already. Great post, RHM. Love a bit of British humour. Take me back to my Fawlty Towers days :D
SilverSonic

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Jul 01, 2009, 08:39AM »

6 New Personality Disorders Caused by the Internet

http://www.cracked.com/article_17522_6-new-personality-disorders-caused-by-internet.html
Exzaclee

"Check out my new website!"

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Jul 01, 2009, 08:59AM »

hilarious - especially the one before assburgers :D

Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one!
www.zacleemusic.com
Baron von Bone
Fear is the Mind-Killer.

"Reality Junkie"

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Jan 23, 2010, 07:34AM »

I'm curious how this post (from another forum) is perceived by different people who operate from different perspectives, how they would react if they were MichaelSeth8:

Quote from: SkepticX" date="1264278424
Quote from: michaelseth8" date="1264231160
I don't like to be nitpicky, but I don't see funeralization as a useless tradition.  In fact, I think it is a very important service that I provide for those who have lost someone close to them.  Yes, I am a Funeral Director and Embalmer (and cremator), and I take exception to that claim.  But I don't take it personally.

I can say that I LOVE the fact that we are moving away - or so it seems - from more religious-type ceremonies all the time.  Those are the funerals I enjoy working more than the religious.

What's your take on the state of your industry and the impression that, by and large, funeral homes are a racket that preys on the deepest, most difficult loss people suffer?

- Feeding a troll just gives it a platform and amplifies its voice.

- Science is what we have learned about how to keep from fooling ourselves.  - Richard Feynman
- He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a fool.   - Confucius
Exzaclee

"Check out my new website!"

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Jan 23, 2010, 09:54AM »

I would give that person my contact information and inform them, yes there are unscrupulous funerary service providers out there.  Now you know.

Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one!
www.zacleemusic.com
sly fox
love old trombones' engravings

"trombone enthusiast, photos of trombones - gallery"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: Jan 23, 2010, 10:29AM »

there are unscrupulous _______________________________

[fill in blank with any type of business/profession you want] but not all of us are.

I used to tell folks, not all attorneys are or act like SOBs (or the female equivalent) and attorneys should not be or act like an SOB all the time, but when it was appropriate, I could be or act like one mean SOB.

"you betcha"  ;-) ;-)

Allen
First and foremost I'm a proud Dad & lucky Husband.  They say great minds can differ (not that I claim to have a great mind).  Remember that $ and my opinion buys coffee at the diner.
Thomas Matta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: Sep 19, 2011, 02:23PM »

Bump.

Thomas Matta
Associate Professor of Jazz Studies, DePaul University
www.tommattabigband.com
RedHotMama
She Who Must Be Obeyed

"Forum Administrator"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: Sep 25, 2011, 04:18AM »

I still love that video. :D

As relevant now as it was then - if not more so.... Yeah, RIGHT.

Christine (red hot - that's what!)
christine.woodcock@gmail.com
In vodka veritas
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
Print
Jump to: