Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

944846 Posts in 62330 Topics- by 15054 Members - Latest Member: aglenntuba
Jump to:  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: looking to sell my trombone  (Read 1374 times)
hbk73

View Profile
« on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:19AM »

I would like to try to get a price estimate.  I have an 18h (conn)that appears old.  The lacquer is pretty poor, but it play great, slide and tuning slide work great. Not to many dents, very few. Case is pretty clean and full working order, all latches work, does it job, protecting instrument.  What could I expect to sell it for, and where could I sell it.
BGuttman
Mad Chemist

"Almost Professional"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:38AM »

These things don't seem to command much in the open market.  I see them at yard sales for about $50-100.  I sold one to Axslinger for somewhere in that area.

1.  Place a Classified Ad here and at Online Trombone Journal.  Ours are free.

2.  See if DJ or Koda knows of somebody who is looking for a horn for a newbie.  This is probably a bad time.  Most of the newbies are looking for a 1st horn in September.

Maybe you can keep it as a backup in case the nice Olds decides to become balky.

Bruce Guttman
Solo Trombone, Hollis Town Band
Section Ldr, Merrimack Valley Philharmonic Orch.
Euphanasia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2009, 01:39PM »

Which 18H is it? The early ones ('20s) are cool. Later ones are stamped "Director." Some had the Coprion bell, and they go for a bit more--sometimes up to $200 in good condition. Some had yellow brass bells and were a .500 bore. They play very well, but don't go for much. The more you tell us about it, the better we can estimate.
bachbone
Sing Sing Sing!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2009, 02:04PM »

These things don't seem to command much in the open market.  I see them at yard sales for about $50-100.  I sold one to Axslinger for somewhere in that area.

1.  Place a Classified Ad here and at Online Trombone Journal.  Ours are free.

2.  See if DJ or Koda knows of somebody who is looking for a horn for a newbie.  This is probably a bad time.  Most of the newbies are looking for a 1st horn in September.

Maybe you can keep it as a backup in case the nice Olds decides to become balky.

I do have a newbie wanting one.  Price range is slim, maybe I will look at ebay for her. 

Big problem with beginner horns is that if anything is wrong with them (like slides being out of alignment or dents) it usually makes the horn not worth the money involved.

You can be in Tokyo or Alberta at four in the morning in your hotel and you can still practice if you feel like it. A trombone cannot do that at four in the morning.
hbk73

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2009, 02:22PM »

the slide is pretty good on it, and i can get it aligned, if its even needed at my loval music store
lowerlip
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2009, 03:28PM »

Do you have a photo?
hbk73

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2009, 08:22PM »

ill get pictures monday
hbk73

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2009, 02:05PM »

Email me for pictures
« Last Edit: Feb 03, 2009, 05:14PM by hbk73 » Logged