Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1096403 Posts in 72513 Topics- by 19533 Members - Latest Member: marymsmith
Jump to:  
The Trombone ForumPractice BreakChit-ChatPurely Politics(Moderators: bhcordova, RedHotMama, BFW) not good news for some Dems, why is this in the liberal media?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: not good news for some Dems, why is this in the liberal media?  (Read 1697 times)
sly fox
love old trombones' engravings

"trombone enthusiast, photos of trombones - gallery"

View Profile
« on: Dec 05, 2009, 06:17AM »

didn't these members of the liberal media get the memo, aren't they supposed to protect the Dems?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/06/us/politics/06baucus.html?_r=1&hp

Baucus Nominated Girlfriend for U.S. Attorney, Aide Says
By ANAHAD O’CONNOR
Published: December 5, 2009

A spokesman for Senator Max Baucus, Democrat of Montana, said early Saturday that the senator nominated his girlfriend, a lawyer who worked for him at the time, for a United States attorney position last March.

The girlfriend, Melodee Hanes, worked for Mr. Baucus as his state office director and as a field director between 2003 and 2009. Mr. Baucus and Ms. Hanes were separated from their spouses at the time they became romantically involved in the summer of 2008, said the spokesman, Tyler Matsdorf. Ms. Hanes eventually resigned from her position, Mr. Matsdorf said, and both she and the senator subsequently divorced their spouses.

House Homeland Security Committee faces ethics inquiry
Chairman received donations from firms appearing at hearing

The House ethics panel is investigating the propriety of actions of the committee chaired by Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), left. (Photos By Brendan Hoffman/bloomberg)

Thompson said he did not call a hearing to engender donations. (Brendan Hoffman - Bloomberg)

By Carol D. Leonnig and Spencer S. Hsu
Washington Post Staff Writers
Saturday, December 5, 2009

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/12/04/AR2009120402256.html?wprss=rss_politics

Allen
First and foremost I'm a proud Dad & lucky Husband.  They say great minds can differ (not that I claim to have a great mind).  Remember that $ and my opinion buys coffee at the diner.
Exzaclee

"Check out my new website!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2009, 08:25AM »

this would have been just the leverage needed to get Baucus on-board and stop messing around with the HC stuff.

and now everyone knows it so it's useless.

Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to no one!
www.zacleemusic.com
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2009, 09:11AM »

shirely you do not suggest that an opponent of the health care reform bill would stoop to an attempt to blackmail  Eeek! Eeek! a democratic sentator so the dems would fall short of the necessary 60 votes to shut everyone up (I, of course, mean end debate) and vote on the matter.

That would be unethical and illegal and immoral no politician would even think of such a thing, would they?

Allen
First and foremost I'm a proud Dad & lucky Husband.  They say great minds can differ (not that I claim to have a great mind).  Remember that $ and my opinion buys coffee at the diner.
Exzaclee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2009, 11:14AM »

of course not... Evil

being morally upright and politically inept go hand in hand however...

www.zacleemusic.com
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2009, 02:47PM »

nice to have consistency:

Washington (CNN)– Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele called for a Senate Ethics Committee hearing to evaluate any possible wrongdoing by Sen. Max Baucus Saturday.

In a statement released by the RNC  Steele said:

"Today's report that Senator Max Baucus used his Senate office to advance a taxpayer funded appointment for his staff-member girlfriend raises a whole host of ethical questions. This issue demands the attention of the Senate Ethics Committee. They should hold a hearing to identify who was involved in this process, what they knew and when they knew it, and why Senator Baucus put his personal needs above those of the people of Montana."

makes you wonder if he read what was released by Senator Baucus' office:

According to a statement released by the senator's office, both Baucus and Melodee Hanes decided to withdraw her name for personal reasons, adding that their relationship was not the cause of their respective divorces.

"When Senator Baucus and Melodee Hanes, his former state director, realized that their relationship was developing beyond a purely professional nature, Melodee began the process of resigning her Senate employment," Ty Matsdorf, a spokesman for Sen. Baucus said in a statement. "With an extensive background as a prosecutor and extensive legal experience, Ms. Hanes submitted her name for consideration for the U.S Attorney position from Montana."

The statement, which includes a copy of Hanes' resume, shows years of political and defense experience. Her name was one of six recommended for U.S. Attorney. After "extensive evaluation," by a third party, Hanes' name was submitted as one of three to be considered for the position, it said. After further interviews by Baucus and the junior senator from the state, Jon Tester, Hanes' name was submitted to the White House along with two other top candidates, it added.

"While her personal relationship with Senator Baucus should in no way be either a qualifier or a disqualifier for the position, during the nomination process and after much reflection, both Senator Baucus and Ms. Hanes agreed that she should withdraw her name from consideration because they wanted to live together in Washington, DC," Matsdorf said.

it just doesn't sound the same as the Republican who has sex with the wife of a staffer, and paid money to the staffer and has endorsed him as a lobbiest or does it?

Allen
Exzaclee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05, 2009, 04:15PM »

yeah... Steele really shouldn't be chiming in onthis one... actually, i can't think of too many 'pubs who should be... a lot of skeletons in that there closet.

www.zacleemusic.com
Russ White

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2009, 05:15AM »

it just doesn't sound the same as the Republican who has sex with the wife of a staffer, and paid money to the staffer and has endorsed him as a lobbiest or does it?

Not unless you're one of the sheeple 'Pubs, and Rush or Glenn tells you it does.

Better than yesterday, better yet tomorrow.
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06, 2009, 09:06AM »

when I started this topic, I was hoping to get some discussion on the "fabled" liberal bias in the mass media and why if that is true, these stories were out there?  So far no takers,

I wonder why?

Allen
evan51
Guardian of the Sacred Nebulizer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: Dec 06, 2009, 09:14AM »

when I started this topic, I was hoping to get some discussion on the "fabled" liberal bias in the mass media and why if that is true, these stories were out there?  So far no takers,

I wonder why?
Perhaps, Allen, people are moving on?

One life---a little gleam of time between two Eternities.---Thomas Carlyle
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Dec 06, 2009, 09:27AM »

Perhaps, Allen, people are moving on?

so people are not cattle, they can move along on their own?

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5N35kQAPv0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F5N35kQAPv0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

Keep movin', movin', movin',
Though they're disapprovin',
Keep them doggies movin' Rawhide!

Don't try to understand 'em,
Just rope and throw and grab 'em,
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
Boy my heart's calculatin'
My true love will be waitin', be waiting at the end of my ride.

Move 'em on, head 'em up,
Head 'em up, move 'em out,
Move 'em on, head 'em out Rawhide!
Set 'em out, ride 'em in
Ride 'em in, let 'em out,
Cut 'em out, ride 'em in Rawhide.

Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Rawhide!

Though the streams are swollen
Keep them dogies rollin'
Rawhide!
Rain and wind and weather
Hell-bent for leather
Wishin' my gal was by my side.
All the things I'm missin',
Good vittles, love, and kissin',
Are waiting at the end of my ride

CHORUS
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
Rawhide
Count 'em out, ride 'em in,
Ride 'em in, count 'em out,
Count 'em out, ride 'em in
Rawhide!

Keep movin', movin', movin'
Though they're disapprovin'
Keep them dogies movin'
Rawhide!
Don't try to understand 'em
Just rope, throw, and brand 'em
Soon we'll be living high and wide.
My hearts calculatin'
My true love will be waitin',
Be waitin' at the end of my ride.

Rawhide!
Rawhide!

Allen
Exzaclee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Dec 06, 2009, 01:11PM »

People who want to see Liberal Media Bias will see it.

People who want to see Jesus in a grilled cheese will see it too.

www.zacleemusic.com
sly fox

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Dec 06, 2009, 04:04PM »

not grilled cheese, dry toasted white bread:

Mrs. Murphy: Help you two?
Elwood: Do you have any white bread ma'am?
Mrs. Murphy: Yeah.
Elwood: I'll have some toasted white bread please.
Mrs. Murphy: You want butter or jam on that, honey?
Elwood: No ma'am, dry.

Allen
Exzaclee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2009, 04:19PM »

I ate a couple of fried chickens the other day, just to see if i could.

i can.  i shouldn't.  i'll probably do it again.

www.zacleemusic.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: