Weril Trombones

(1/3) > >>

mrbadduck:
Greetings Forum!

I'm new here, and have just joined because I'm fresh on the market for a trombone.  I've been playing for years and years but always borrowed or rented horns.  I've been cruising the forum classifieds and came across a Weril GG282 which looks nice, but I can't seem to find any talk on these forums or anywhere else as to the quality of Weril trombones; everyone only seems to talk about Weril euphoniums and tubas.

Does anyone have any insight as to the quality of this horn as compared to, for example, an open wrap 88H?  Are brazilian-made brass instruments considered high quality?  Does anyone play on this horn?  What are your experiences?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

Cheers,
 - Eric

BGuttman:
Hi and welcome! :hi:

Generally the Weril instruments are considered either Student or "Step-Up".  I think the instrument you are talking about is the Gagliardi model and is one of the better ones.

You will find it isn't as good as a Bach 42B or Conn 88H, but better than some of the others of its genre and much better than nearly all horns out of China (except maybe Eastman by Shires or Jupiter XO).

Manexbi:
I have a friend that has a Weril euphonium...
NIce sound of a nice horn!

mrbadduck:
Thanks for the quick responses guys!  I found a 42B on ebay with a serial number 117xxx.  according to the bach website this dates the horn back to the late 60's (read the site wrong...) about 1995.  did bach go through a transition from ultra-high quality to not so amazing similar to Conn?  are the newer or older bachs better?

- Eric

TromboneMonkey:
Quote from: BGuttman on Feb 03, 2010, 11:39AM

You will find it isn't as good as a Bach 42B or Conn 88H, but better than some of the others of its genre and much better than nearly all horns out of China (except maybe Eastman by Shires or Jupiter XO).

Hey Bruce,

Correct me if I'm wrong (got if of the oh-so-reliable wikipedia), but I think Jupiter still makes their higher-end stuff outside of Taipei.  Their lower-end stuff is made in China though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page